Nixon and Obama
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nixon and Obama

Nixon and Obama

If you remember your history, why was Nixon impeached, he had the IRS target the people who were against him what was called Nixon’s hit list. Now a few years later what Obama’s IRS has done to the people who were against him has done just the very same thing. Do I hear Impeachment?
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    If you remember your history, why was Nixon impeached, he had the IRS target the people who were against him what was called Nixon’s hit list. Now a few years later what Obama’s IRS has done to the people who were against him has done just the very same thing. Do I hear Impeachment?
    nixon was not impeached, you obviously know little about the history of the nixon era

Impeachment? The guy will not even recieve a good stern talking to. I know you dont think that Presidents will be treated equally irregardless of race, age, sexual orientation do you? I think most Presidents would still be answering for fast and furious that no one knew about and people got promoted for.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Nixon was ** nearly ** impeached because he and his political hacks tried unsuccessfully to cover up their responsibility for the break-in to Democratic campaign offices in the Watergate Hotel. The reason he was not impeached was because he resigned from the presidency. Otherwise impeachment would have likely proceeded.

I voted for Nixon's reelection in 1972. I was not alone. If I remember correctly he carried 49 states, losing Massachusetts and D.C. He was far prefereable to the heavily Communist George McGovern, whom he trounced handily. And I'd far rather have him than the current tyrant and dictator wanna-be.

But we could still do better, if our republic had not descended into a "mediocracy".

Nixon and Obama

History repeats itself. We see that., the current state of affairs reminds me of the movie Idiocracy. Sadly nothing will come of this and anyone pushing for accountability will be labeled a racist.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    As much as I would like to see Obama impeached, it won't happen. And if it were to happen, it would be a replay of Slick Willy Clinton. Nixon resigned by the way, he escaped being impeached.

Even though Nixon was a dirty politician, he had enough integrity to not see this country ripped apart with an impeachment. The current dirty politician in the white house doesn't have that integrity. JMHO
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

The main reason Clinton's impeachment didn't go anywhere was like it is now the Democrats held the house and wouldn't let the findings from the Senate proceed, but if the republicans retake the house in 2014, you just might see an impeachment go through this time. We can only hope so.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

mr opsspec
    your view of history is not quite right, this is the second glaring error, if you are going to post things like this you MUST get it right or you look very foolish and people will discount whatever it is you are trying to say
    as for the clinton impeachment, the house voted to impeach him and the senate did not convict him of the crimes he was accused of, if I am not mistaken clinton got off by 1 vote in the senate

the fact that this disgraced president is so revered by the media and the libtards is mind boggling

11. Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post

Obama said he didn't know anything about that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast