Own a firearm? Then you better get 'Mandated' Liability Insurance! WTH??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Own a firearm? Then you better get 'Mandated' Liability Insurance! WTH??

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down Own a firearm? Then you better get 'Mandated' Liability Insurance! WTH??

Gun owners in Washington, D.C., may be in for a surprise if a proposed bill gains the local councilís support. The prospective law would require that those who wish to legally own a firearm must purchase a minimum of $250,000 liability insurance policy.

The D.C. Council is currently considering the proposal, which would mandate coverage for possible 'negligent and intentional acts' not taken in legal self-defense situations.

Introduced by Democratic Councilmember Mary Cheh, CBS D.C. reports that the bill will be discussed in committee later today.

Rather than impacting only those who wish to purchase a new firearm, the bill would also require citizens who already have owned firearms to obtain the mandated liability insurance coverage.

Its intent is supposedly to provide compensation to individuals who are harmed as a result of gun violence.

Proposed Bill in D.C. Would Require Gun Owners to Purchase $250K in Liability Insurance | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

3. And if you can't afford it wouldn't that be an infringement of the 2nd Amendment?

So they are saying you have to have coverage from an insurance co. that will cover intentional, illegal acts committed by a gun owner? What company would do that? In addition negligent or "accidental" events that cause injury to others. A few questions.
    1) Will the owner be covered by such acts for injury to themselves? This whole thing is crazy.
    2) What types of insurance or insurance companies cover "intentional","willful" acts that end in death or injury to others or oneself?
    If you have life insurance they will not pay to your beneficiaries if you kill yourself in the first one to three years.
    According to this thinking if your house or business is "underwater" you can burn it down and collect even if you admit to that "intentional" act.
    It goes on from here but again the idiots never think things through past their own agenda!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

They do it because they know there is no such insurance thus banning all guns again.

Quote Originally Posted by bswartz15 View Post
    They do it because they know there is no such insurance thus banning all guns again.
    yes, right, exactly! You know it. I know it. Any thinking person knows that. Can you say I N F R I N G E
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Gun owners in Washington, D.C., may be in for a surprise if a proposed bill gains the local council’s support. The prospective law would require that those who wish to legally own a firearm must purchase a minimum of $250,000 liability insurance policy.

The D.C. Council is currently considering the proposal, which would mandate coverage for possible 'negligent and intentional acts' not taken in legal self-defense situations.

Introduced by Democratic Councilmember Mary Cheh, CBS D.C. reports that the bill will be discussed in committee later today.

Rather than impacting only those who wish to purchase a new firearm, the bill would also require citizens who already have owned firearms to obtain the mandated liability insurance coverage.

Its intent is supposedly to provide compensation to individuals who are harmed as a result of gun violence.

Proposed Bill in D.C. Would Require Gun Owners to Purchase $250K in Liability Insurance | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Politicians first!

Insurance companies are greedy and will cover anything people are willing to pay for. Such insurance would probably be very expensive (prohibitively expensive for most), but I don't see why insurance companies wouldn't offer it. Of course we all know hat the reason for an insurance requirement is to price people out of gun ownership. I can see it now; criminals will frantically begin purchasing insurance because they'd be breaking the law if they didn't! (being sarcastic of course)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Does anyone see the discrimination regarding this requirement. Law abiding citizens are required to have liability insurance to compensate individuals who are harmed as a result of gun violence. And yet illegal gun owners are free to continue SOP without any need to purchase insurance. I think we are looking a great class action discrimination law suit against DC. Wish it were just that easy. Dam.
    Dog
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Nothing says "Shall not be infringed" like mandatory insurance!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Man, gotta love all of the liberal ways of thinking, I wonder what kind of investment half of these insurance companies put into Big Government, I mean think about it, mandating health insurance, car insurance, home owners insurance with company loans, and now, soon to be liability insurance for private citizens carrying a firearm, or for those who WANT to own a firearm. Its stupid, Big Government just trying to get bigger. I wont buy it, I dont care who tells me I HAVE to have it.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast