Piers Morgan: Now I see U.S. government tyranny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piers Morgan: Now I see U.S. government tyranny

Piers Morgan: Now I see U.S. government tyranny

Is British CNN host Piers Morgan finally admitting gun advocates have a point when they say the Second Amendment is to protect citizens from tyrannical government?

Morgan has made headlines for many months as he loudly trumpeted the cause of gun control, even to the detriment of his shows ratings.

Since the Sandy Hook massacre last year – in which Adam Lanza shot and killed 20 students and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn. – Morgan has made advocating for gun-control legislation a frequent topic of his program, clashing with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich or rocker and National Rifle Association board member Ted Nugent, for example, and calling Gun Owners of America’s Larry Pratt “an unbelievably stupid man” for disagreeing with him.

Following reports of his vitriolic attacks, a petition was started on the White House “We the People” website demanding Morgan be deported back to England – and it now has more than 109,000 signatures.

As WND reported, despite his avid criticism of guns, Morgan protects his own personal property with signs warning that it is guarded by “Armed Response Security Systems,” according to a recent investigation by self-described “guerrilla journalist” James O’Keefe.

And on March 11, Morgan insisted that, “people need the nanny state occasionally.”

Now – after learning of the Obama administration’s involvement in the IRS’ targeting of conservative groups and its secret seizure of Associated Press phone records – the CNN host admitted to guest Penn Jillette that perhaps gun advocates were right about creeping tyranny after all:

“I’ve had some of the pro-gun lobbyists on here, saying to me, ‘Well, the reason we need to be armed is because of tyranny from our own government,’ and I’ve always laughed at them,” Morgan said. “I said, ‘Don’t be ridiculous! Your government won’t turn itself on you. …

“But, actually, this is vaguely tyrannical behavior by the American government.”

He continued, “I think what the IRS did is bordering on tyrannical behavior. I think what the Department of Justice has done to the AP is bordering on tyrannical behavior.”

Jillette agreed with Morgan, stating, “There’s no doubt about that. Once you use the word ‘bordering,’ that’s true.

“I also think that it shows you that how much we can trust the government and just sit back– which is not very much at all. We have to be ever vigilant.”
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

There may be hope for Piers Morgan after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it. I'd really like to see video of that.

Funny how the liberals will open their eyes when the chickens come home to roost.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

6. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    No he is just a liberal. As long as HE is not the one getting screwed all is fine. Mess with HIS beliefs and all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by HoJo View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it. I'd really like to see video of that.
    Here it is:
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    Here it is:

I saw that. I was just coming back to post it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Funny how the liberals will open their eyes when the chickens come home to roost.
    Just like DiFi on the IRS. She didn't like the idea that the IRS could target liberals in some later administration.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

10. Clinton warned Obama not to go after the We the People's guns because because no matter what side of the spectrum you belong, it's part of the core of being an American!
    When all other methods of protest have been dismantled, the system leaves us with only two options: stand and fight, or kneel and beg for mercy. All you need to know is what YOU would do when faced with that choice.

11. What's funny here is that Piers Morgan believes that he's a legitimate journalist...he always has. Legitimate journalists do not act as judges on "America's Got Talent."

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast