Am I being paranoid? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I being paranoid?

1. Already hit the ignore button. He's already hit THR.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=716893

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Already hit the ignore button. He's already hit THR.

Am I being paranoid? - THR
    Interesting that he joined THR on July 21, 2006 and just made his second post yesterday. Of course that post is under another name but is an exact duplicate of the OP in this thread.

Perhaps he is just trying to get a broader spectrum of opinions to store under the bridge.
    Certified NRA Instructor in Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, Personal Defense in The Home, Personal Defense Outside the Home and Refuse to Be a Victim.
    Oklahoma Handgun License Instructor; NRA Benefactor Life Member; NRA EVC, District 2, OK

4. I think he needs a mental health evaluation. Anxiety issues. He clearly needs to address those before applying for a CC license.

5. Thanks to all who gave my query a serious reply.

BTW, I posted on THR just to get a broader range of opinions - nothing sinister intended, you can relax.

Yes. And if you only now, given the last decade of privacy invasion, have come to the realization that privacy has become an antiquated concept, paranoia and naivete are both an issue.

I truly do not think any of us can be "under the radar" or "off the grid" these days. If they want you, they have you, so you might as well gear up, get up, and prepare to go forward on your feet.

All we may have left to us is our integrity.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

P A R A N O I D fer sher.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    Yes. And if you only now, given the last decade of privacy invasion, have come to the realization that privacy has become an antiquated concept, paranoia and naivete are both an issue.

I truly do not think any of us can be "under the radar" or "off the grid" these days. If they want you, they have you, so you might as well gear up, get up, and prepare to go forward on your feet.

All we may have left to us is our integrity.
    The gov't has had me on their radar since the day I was born. It can be both good and bad for you. But you just have to get used to the fact, that no one is invisible to the gov't.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Already hit the ignore button. He's already hit THR.

Am I being paranoid? - THR
    Damn, I may be wrong and he is a troll after all. Same question on THR. He may be on more sites trying to get a consensus of opinions or just likes to pull chains!

Attachment 9628

Since you created an account on USACarry, you should plan on your username already being electronically stored in the massive DHS server system. All of our usernames are. Now, the question is... have you sparked enough concern for them to go through the trouble of finding out who you actually are? While simply getting your CCW doesn't put you on some domestic terrorist watchlist (I think :\), it does put you on a potential list of who's a possible threat during a serious breakdown of the system where Martial Law was enacted. Just like the 4473 you fill out to purchase a weapon, given the local gun shop keeps them and doesn't burn them all before the Brown Shirts arrive. Do you surf Conservative websites? You're visible there. Do you surf other firearms forums? You're visible there too. Point is, any and everything you do on the internet is monitored... if by nothing more than that particular web address keeping tabs of who's visiting their site. Do you use checks or debit/credit to purchase firearms and/or ammo? Visible there too.

Under the Patriot Act and NDAA you are subject to searches of everything you thought was private without warrant or notification. This is the 21st Century reality of AmeriKa. Your bank account, your email account, your airline travel, your online shopping habbits (thanks Google), you location at all times, given you have a smart phone... everything you do, everything you say or type, everywhere you go can be monitored and logged by agencies you'll never see. Doubt me? How would you know...? If there was a time to paranoid... it was 15 years ago. We're past it... go get your CCW and surf Conservative websites.

Be vigilant, be cautious, be ready. Don't be paranoid, be aware and awake. Continue to live your life and have fun. Stand firm in your convictions and harden your heart to the potential of an ever changing world for the worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Look out, they are behind you!!!!

Yes you are being paranoid but that's not always a bad thing. I'm paranoid of many things which raises my situational awareness.
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast