Am I being paranoid?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Am I being paranoid?

  1. Am I being paranoid?

    I was registered to take my CWP class on Friday 5/17 but I canceled. I canceled out of fear. Fear of the State. Fear that with this new piece of information about me the State would make me a target. A target of taxing authorities, gun confiscators, newspaper publishers, left wing political groups, ......the list goes on. Will the Obamacare hospitals & doctors deny me coverage because I'm a CWP holder? Or will I just be put on the wait list and never make it to the top?

    The State willingly leaks our info to whoever their political friends happen to be. The State uses our info to attack us with audits & harassment.

    I don't need that. I don't need any of it. I'm under their radar now. Maybe I should stay there.

    Or am I just being paranoid?

  2.   
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcqueen View Post
    I was registered to take my CWP class on Friday 5/17 but I canceled. I canceled out of fear. Fear of the State. Fear that with this new piece of information about me the State would make me a target. A target of taxing authorities, gun confiscators, newspaper publishers, left wing political groups, ......the list goes on. Will the Obamacare hospitals & doctors deny me coverage because I'm a CWP holder? Or will I just be put on the wait list and never make it to the top?

    The State willingly leaks our info to whoever their political friends happen to be. The State uses our info to attack us with audits & harassment.

    I don't need that. I don't need any of it. I'm under their radar now. Maybe I should stay there.

    Or am I just being paranoid?
    You just let them win. Congratulations.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Pir8fan View Post
    You just let them win. Congratulations.
    Or maybe you & others are just walking into their trap.

  5. Pir8fan is right. The more people who own guns and carry them legally and have CWP the stronger we all are. But it's your call. As it should be.

  6. #5
    @Mc; You just gave up, pure and simple. The govt. already has all they need to know about you already. Step up and be a man and do what is your right and obligation. My wife has more guts than you do. She is licensed and carries every where we go, the same as I do.
    I am old and slow, BUT dead on with my aim!!

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcqueen View Post
    Or maybe you & others are just walking into their trap.
    To late. I'm quite sure I'm already on one of their lists somewhere. As one of the founding fathers (Franklin?) said, "We must hang together or we will surely hang separately." I'll take my chances by standing for my beliefs. I wouldn't be able to live with myself otherwise.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

  8. #7
    Yes, you sound to be a little paranoid. Consider the logistics of doing a middle of the night gun grab of America without other Americans knowing its happening. That is impossible in my book. They are not going to come for our guns. They might make ammo hard to find (sound familiar), or stop the sale of guns/ammo made in different states from the one you are in, or guns illegal in certain areas. But, they aint going to use some secret list to simultaneously come after the guns of Americans.
    -Austin

  9. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    McAlester, Oklahoma
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcqueen View Post
    I was registered to take my CWP class on Friday 5/17 but I canceled. I canceled out of fear. Fear of the State. Fear that with this new piece of information about me the State would make me a target. A target of taxing authorities, gun confiscators, newspaper publishers, left wing political groups, ......the list goes on. Will the Obamacare hospitals & doctors deny me coverage because I'm a CWP holder? Or will I just be put on the wait list and never make it to the top?

    The State willingly leaks our info to whoever their political friends happen to be. The State uses our info to attack us with audits & harassment.

    I don't need that. I don't need any of it. I'm under their radar now. Maybe I should stay there.

    Or am I just being paranoid?
    Yes, you are being paranoid. As others have said, you are on record everywhere anyway. What you have given up is the ability to protect yourself and your loved ones from evil people who wish to do them harm.

    Remember what Wayne LaPierre correctly said, "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." You can choose to be that good guy with a gun or not and put yourself and your loved ones at the mercy of a bad guy with a gun. Your choice.
    Certified NRA Instructor in Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, Personal Defense in The Home, Personal Defense Outside the Home and Refuse to Be a Victim.
    Oklahoma Handgun License Instructor; NRA Benefactor Life Member; NRA EVC, District 2, OK

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Yes, you sound to be a little paranoid. ............., they aint going to use some secret list to simultaneously come after the guns of Americans.
    They might sic the IRS on you though or deny you treatment under Obamacare - and you'll never guess its because you are on the CWP LIST.

    Just look what happened to the Tea Party groups who tried to organize as a tax exempt entity or the people that were audited after speaking out against Obama or donating to the Romney campaign.

    These bastards are evil Statists who go for the throat.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    McAlester, Oklahoma
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcqueen View Post
    They might sic the IRS on you though or deny you treatment under Obamacare - and you'll never guess its because you are on the CWP LIST. These people are evil Statists.
    This is all tongue in cheek, right. If not, perhaps you should not leave your house because of all the video cameras all over and Big Brother is watching you all the time outside you house.
    Certified NRA Instructor in Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, Personal Defense in The Home, Personal Defense Outside the Home and Refuse to Be a Victim.
    Oklahoma Handgun License Instructor; NRA Benefactor Life Member; NRA EVC, District 2, OK

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast