All Semi-Auto's To Require 'Micro-Stamping' I.D. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Semi-Auto's To Require 'Micro-Stamping' I.D.

Just order a new striker for the weapon from one of many sources. Took me about a minute to find a striker for my XD40 online.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Here's another way criminals can get around this idea.... attach a bag at the extraction point to catch all the brass. I'm actually surprised more criminals don't do this. But hey, if you have an illegal gun in the first place, then what is the forensic evidence going to point to anyway? *shrugs*
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Just to be clear, it isn't necessarily always going to be the striker or firing pin. It could be the extractor or some other part too. Depends on the manufacturer.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

if the criminals really wanted to get smart, they'd get the technology to make the micro stamping on the firing pin, extractor, etc, and create false ones to send the cops off on wild goose chases.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    This idiot actually got elected? Doesn't he realize that all guns already 'microstamp' every round it fires? Due to the manufacturing process, the firing pin, breech face, extractor and ejector, as well as the rifling in the barrel leave irrefutable evidence as to the gun that fired a specific shell casing and projectile. The science of ballistics already allows the police to match an ejected or discarded shell casing or a recovered projectile to a specific weapon. These tool marks, as they are known do a superior job of mictrostamping ammo. Why do we sit idly by and let the Granola state make rules that we all must abide by? This pipe dream of the Caliphony AG will not solve one crime, ever. We already have to have cars that are a plumber's nightmare undeer the hood, because of Caliphony smog rules, and now they are trying to do an end run around the Second Amendment. Hey, Granola Land, all you fruits, nuts and flakes can just keep your noses out of the other 49 stattes and territories.
    You are exactly right! But how about this...with the thousands of rounds that I fire each year, the microstamp will cease to make markings in no time. It's useless.

7. Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    if the criminals really wanted to get smart, they'd get the technology to make the micro stamping on the firing pin, extractor, etc, and create false ones to send the cops off on wild goose chases.
    The time-tested practice of criminals using stolen firearms should suffice to generate goose chasing at significantly less trouble and expense.

Even thou the brass has the stamp that links it with the gun, it shouldn't link it to the trigger finger. Or am I missing something?
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    You are exactly right! But how about this...with the thousands of rounds that I fire each year, the microstamp will cease to make markings in no time. It's useless.
    We can just make our own microstamp. I already have a few choice ideas in mind for mine. I'd love to see their faces when they first get a look at it.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Remember we are dealing with progressive liberals. Their main goal is to show the low information voters how much they care. No crimes need be solved nor or any kind of violent crime deterred. The euphoric emotional satisfaction of good intentions is what gets them elected.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    We can just make our own microstamp. I already have a few choice ideas in mind for mine. I'd love to see their faces when they first get a look at it.

Would it look something like this under a microscope? Just need a needle-sized center-punch/scribe:

....................../´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........''...\.......... _.·´

............\..............(

..............\.............\...

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast