Top IRS Official Subpoenaed But Will Plead The Fifth
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top IRS Official Subpoenaed But Will Plead The Fifth

On Tuesday afternoon another bombshell was dropped in the ongoing Internal Revenue Service (IRS) scandal. Lois Lerner, a top official in the non-profit division of the IRS, which targeted Tea Party and conservative groups by harassing them, is reported to invoke her Fifth Amendment rights to witness against herself during testimony before Congress’ House Oversight Committee on Wednesday.

Now why do you think she is taking the fifth? Could it be that she has the names of the people above her that directed her to attack the various tea party groups among others with the hit list from the IRS and she doesn’t want to make it easy for congress to find out the rat that started all of this, or could she name good old Obama as the person who started all of this and she’s been told to shut up?

Read more: Bombshell: Top IRS Official Subpoenaed But Will Plead The Fifth : Freedom Outpost
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

I know this is quite obvious but the 5th protects against self incrimination. Could it be that she, other IRS officials, and her bosses in the Whitehouse all committed criminal offences? The 5th amendment does not protect innocent people from giving testimony against others.

Kind of reminds us of Al Capone and his buddies doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    I know this is quite obvious but the 5th protects against self incrimination. Could it be that she, other IRS officials, and her bosses in the Whitehouse all committed criminal offences? The 5th amendment does not protect innocent people from giving testimony against others.
    In addition, for what it is worth, pleading the fifth is not, technically, an admission of guilt. There are imaginable instances where. an innocent person might do so. Not saying that is the case here - just sayin'.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

She stated in her opening statement that basically she's not a crook and broke no laws. I seem to remember a past President that also stated he wasn't a crook. You got to ask yourself, What is she hiding and/or afraid of?
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I don't trust the DOJ run by crony Holder to conduct a thorough criminal investigation. I do not know if the current probe is going to uncover the extent of criminal activity that was being perpetuated here. The fact that she plead the fifth, along with the changing White House account, and the testimony of everyone else who have perjured themselves by saying they did not know, should be more than sufficient to open a formal criminal investigation. Id like to state that it is my opinion that they have committed perjury and that at this point no proof exists, however, I was not born last night and to know that Obama's brother's tax exempt was approved in 3 weeks during a 3 year backlog, tells me something fishy is going on here.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

I watched her testimony this morning. Was she lying? Only when she said "I have done nothing wrong, I have not broken any laws, or I have followed all IRS rules." She is an employee of the Federal Government, and IMO she should have been fired on the spot for refusing to answer to Congress and the American people. But then again this is the most opaque administration and she is just following what is coming from her superiors.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    Here's why she took the 5th. Tax-exempt Obama Foundation doesn't exist at listed address | The Daily Caller And she approved it even though it didn't apply until now. More on it. Lois Lerner approved exemption for Obama brother's 'charity' | The Daily Caller
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Although I understand the purpose of the 5th amendment, I don't think that a person in a position of public trust, like an IRS director, or attorney general, or president, should be able to invoke it in regard to their actions in that position. Now that I made that statement, I'll go check the color of the sky in my world.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    Although I understand the purpose of the 5th amendment, I don't think that a person in a position of public trust, like an IRS director, or attorney general, or president, should be able to invoke it in regard to their actions in that position. Now that I made that statement, I'll go check the color of the sky in my world.
    I disagree. I think that they should be allowed to. And upon doing so should face immediate Impeachment.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast