Do you HAVE to answer if your Doctor asks you about guns? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you HAVE to answer if your Doctor asks you about guns?

1. Pediatricians are the physician who most frequently ask about guns in the home. That is because it is part of a program to reduce home accidents which a the primary cause of pediatric deaths after year one. This program consists of about 15 questions which among other things asks about a home pool, caustic chemical in the home. Only one question asks about the prescience of gun. If the parent answers yes then feedback is given depending on the child's age like keep them out of the reach of children if age 1 or 2, for older children you may get advised to keep the gun locked up. You may politely decline. The program is preventative in nature making sure parents are aware of prime danger areas in the home.

There are certain things that are none of the government's business as the IRS is beginning to find out. I'm on medicare and refuse my wellness physicals. I have nothing to hide but don't want my records on line. I know the areas about which I'm concerned,:and don't even like the government knowing that.

My doctor is president of the gun club to which I belong and will understand my non answers. I refuse to do anything I don't like; because we now live in a society where the government is out of control and far too intrusive. Many doctors in rural areas hate the government plans and resist in and way they are able. There are very few doctors in rural areas and some will cease to practice before they are force to comply. I personally would rather die than comply with these Unconstitutional intrusions.

Quote Originally Posted by keith4298 View Post
    I have seen both sides of this being a father of young kids and friends with pediatricians. They are trained to ask about anything that can affect the safety of children. Be it, riding a bike, so they can suggest data on wearing helmets for safety or owning a firearm, so they can suggest a proper safe and a class to make sure kids are well trained, etc...

This is easily put into the light of Gubmint' coming for our guns, but this is purely a safety issue.

Don't get me wrong, if it's bothering you and you are keeping them safely at home, there's no need to answer it and you have no requirement to answer it -- but as a father, I've seen plenty of parents that are, well, stupid. And if a doctor can reccomend an NRA first steps course to protect the family, I see nothing wrong with that.
    The issue is that with Obamacare, what is in medical records is available to the government, especially the IRS that is famously (or should I say "infamously") noted for targeting groups and individuals that subscribe to policies the government doesn't like.
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

5. What guns?, how about this weather? What should I do if my dog gets fleas?

6. Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    The issue is that with Obamacare, what is in medical records is available to the government, especially the IRS that is famously (or should I say "infamously") noted for targeting groups and individuals that subscribe to policies the government doesn't like.
    Jim, that is a flat out non-truth. You medical records are governed by HIPPA and are NOT available to the Government. Not a little, not at all.

Anyone telling you otherwise is lying to you. If you don't want to believe me, ask your doctor. You can even read the bill, although who has that much time.

There is NOTHING in your medical records that is transmitted to the Government. Medical records (for the most part) aren't even digital.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Just had a physical, no such questions were asked, but I have gone to this doc for a number of years. Yes, I'm on Medicare.

I was prepared with my response, which was to look at him like "are you out of your frigging mind" until he moved on.

Maybe that is because I refused my "wellness check" earlier this year. They called to schedule me (after two postcards to schedule). So I asked some questions; their response in blue.

Will see the doc? -------------->no, a nurse
    Will I be physically examined? >no, this is to discuss your health.
    Will blood test be run? --------->no, this is to discuss your health.
    Will any tests be run? ---------->no, this is to discuss your health.
    Will you check my BP? --------->if you request a check, we are always glad to check any patients BP

No thank you, I have an appointment in a couple of months with the doc. >But this is a free service that Medicare provides you.
    No thank you, I feel fine and this is not worth my time, and un-necessary.

Perhaps I opted out of the interrogation for the government goons.

I don't care if I ran into my doc the day before at the range, and we discussed what we shot, in his office (where it will become part of my medical records) I will not answer. We know that medical records are NOT private, as NY has already started revoking gun permits based on drugs patients take.
    Good approach. Most people forget the words "you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say may be used against you."
    Also, the NY rumor about permits being pulled for use of certain med turns out to be a bust. One attorney, two people and a lot of misinformation. Over 1 million permits, a large percentage of whom take these meds and no one but these 2-3 people were bothered? My bus associate who's an attorney looked into this. No one is having any problems. No other attorneys are seeing a problem. Our elected officials need to remember that this is a very dangerous thing to attempt. If the state could revoke a permit based on a pain-killer, anti-depressant or antianxiety med, that would cause the termination of hundreds of thousands of police officers, court officers, investigators, etc. Because if one person s dangerous then everyone taking meds is dangerous, judges and LEO included. In any event, the meds issue in Western NY is turning out to be a case of targeting certain individuals by someone with a personal motivation. Reminds me of the IRS scandal. The lengths some people will go to enforce their beliefs is unbelievable.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    My wife says I don't remain silent when I should. Maybe I should listen to her before a trip to the doctor.
    Funny how our wives never exercise their right to remain silent... even when we beg them to.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

9. You are living in a fantasy land. If the government wants your records, they will get them. Ask the people in New York about the government getting their medical and pharmacy records. But keep drinking the kool aid.

If it ever came to that for me, I'd just lie and say no. Telling them it's none of their business is in fact telling them yes, you have guns in the home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by keith4298 View Post
    Jim, that is a flat out non-truth. You medical records are governed by HIPPA and are NOT available to the Government. Not a little, not at all.

Anyone telling you otherwise is lying to you. If you don't want to believe me, ask your doctor. You can even read the bill, although who has that much time.

There is NOTHING in your medical records that is transmitted to the Government. Medical records (for the most part) aren't even digital.
    You trust the government? You believe what they say?

Obamacare rule gives government everyone's medical records | WashingtonExaminer.com

The government does not trust us, and only a fool would trust the government.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast