Do you HAVE to answer if your Doctor asks you about guns? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do you HAVE to answer if your Doctor asks you about guns?

Quote Originally Posted by keith4298 View Post
    Jim, that is a flat out non-truth. You medical records are governed by HIPPA and are NOT available to the Government. Not a little, not at all.

Anyone telling you otherwise is lying to you. If you don't want to believe me, ask your doctor. You can even read the bill, although who has that much time.

There is NOTHING in your medical records that is transmitted to the Government. Medical records (for the most part) aren't even digital.
    Keith, your going to prove this statement to all of our satisfaction in what manner.
    ~
    THE government operates like a shell game at the county fair (as seen portrayed on TV numerous times), a little slight of hand and you never know what happened to you.
    ~
    Just ask the guy in NY who lost his ability to posses weapons because of a prescription for depression.
    ~
    Just saying, they aren't getting jack out of me.
    ~
    PS My medical records have been strictly digital for more than 10 years. My doctor was part of a pilot program to develop a paperless environment.
    Last edited by dogshawred; 05-30-2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: post script
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Just ask the guy in NY who lost his ability to posses weapons because of a prescription for depression.
    Truth is this isn't happening at all. We've looked hard into this. A couple of isolated incidents involving the same people out of over 1 million permit holders in the state. How many on meds for depression? Anxiety? pain killers? Gotta be pretty high numbers. And what about LEO's. If a state were to adopt such a policy wouldn't that disqualify LEO, investigators, judges, DA's. That's a slippery slope. They can't go that far without self-destructing.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345