Do you HAVE to answer if your Doctor asks you about guns?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you HAVE to answer if your Doctor asks you about guns?

Do you HAVE to answer if your Doctor asks you about guns?

Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Everyone has the right to remain silent. I use it often.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

4. It's none of his business.

Just had a physical, no such questions were asked, but I have gone to this doc for a number of years. Yes, I'm on Medicare.

I was prepared with my response, which was to look at him like "are you out of your frigging mind" until he moved on.

Maybe that is because I refused my "wellness check" earlier this year. They called to schedule me (after two postcards to schedule). So I asked some questions; their response in blue.

Will see the doc? -------------->no, a nurse
    Will I be physically examined? >no, this is to discuss your health.
    Will blood test be run? --------->no, this is to discuss your health.
    Will any tests be run? ---------->no, this is to discuss your health.
    Will you check my BP? --------->if you request a check, we are always glad to check any patients BP

No thank you, I have an appointment in a couple of months with the doc. >But this is a free service that Medicare provides you.
    No thank you, I feel fine and this is not worth my time, and un-necessary.

Perhaps I opted out of the interrogation for the government goons.

I don't care if I ran into my doc the day before at the range, and we discussed what we shot, in his office (where it will become part of my medical records) I will not answer. We know that medical records are NOT private, as NY has already started revoking gun permits based on drugs patients take.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by disneyr View Post
    Everyone has the right to remain silent. I use it often.
    My wife says I don't remain silent when I should. Maybe I should listen to her before a trip to the doctor.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

You dont' have to answer anyone, for any reason, on any topic. I've been 100% disabled for many years, and I've never had any provider, VA or otherwise, ask me about firearms.

XD40, you opted out of wasting time on a useless office visit, but most important to the doc, you opted out of the doc being able to bill Medicare for that useless office visit.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

I have to disagree with one point that Judge Napolitano made: the question about safety in the home is not a product of Obamacare. We have been trained to ask such a question - to assess the risk of occurrence of domestic violence and spouse/child abuse - since long before this current administration.

Besides the 37 I have out in the trunk of my car for safe keeping I do have 46 more at home in different closets. Hey...you wanna go shooting with me after you get your finger out of my ass?

Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    I have to disagree with one point that Judge Napolitano made: the question about safety in the home is not a product of Obamacare. We have been trained to ask such a question - to assess the risk of occurrence of domestic violence and spouse/child abuse - since long before this current administration.
    Does this also mean we get to ask you if you still beat your wife?

11. Clarification on this issue

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    I have seen both sides of this being a father of young kids and friends with pediatricians. They are trained to ask about anything that can affect the safety of children. Be it, riding a bike, so they can suggest data on wearing helmets for safety or owning a firearm, so they can suggest a proper safe and a class to make sure kids are well trained, etc...

This is easily put into the light of Gubmint' coming for our guns, but this is purely a safety issue.

Don't get me wrong, if it's bothering you and you are keeping them safely at home, there's no need to answer it and you have no requirement to answer it -- but as a father, I've seen plenty of parents that are, well, stupid. And if a doctor can reccomend an NRA first steps course to protect the family, I see nothing wrong with that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast