Shot dead; no due process; are you next?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shot dead; no due process; are you next?

Bill Wilson- Daily Jot

If you are a regular Daily Jot reader, you know that I am no apologist for Islam or terrorists. But I am a staunch advocate for Constitutional rights. Even the occupant of the Oval Office, who in war against al Qaeda has unapologetically aided and given comfort to the same with millions of your tax dollars, deserves due process. But this government is notorious for abandoning due process--the widening Spygate, the deepening IRS scandal--are prime examples. Then comes the case of the 27 year old who the FBI brought in for questioning about the Boston bombing terrorist attack. He came out dead on a gurney. Shot to death by an agent who yesterday "felt threatened." Now the story is changed.

Actually, the narrative of the circumstances leading to the shooting death of Chechnian immigrant Ibragim Todashev seems to be be evolving. Wednesday news reports said that Todashev had been and was being questioned by the FBI for his connection to Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the dead Boston bombing suspect. According to a friend of Todashev, the FBI had been questioning him since the bombings. Reports yesterday said the FBI agent opened fire when he felt threatened by Todashev. Today, the narrative says that Todashev became violent and attacked the FBI agent with a knife during questioning. The FBI is justifying the shooting death because Todashev was known to be a professional MMA fighter.

A friend of the dead man interviewed by Fox News said he and Todashev had been questioned and followed by the FBI since the Boston bombing and that Todashev was planning to fly home to Chechnya, but canceled the tickets at the FBI's request. Now the FBI is saying that Todashev was about to sign a statement regarding a September 11, 2011 triple homicide that also involved the two brothers suspected in the Boston bombing. This is when Todashev "just went crazy" and pulled a knife during the interview. The FBI says the agent was stabbed several times with "non-life threatening" injuries. Yesterday, Todashev had told his friend that he had a bad feeling about the FBI interview.

The public will likely never know the truth surrounding this young man's death. The story that the bombing suspects were being investigated for a triple murder that occurred on September 11, 2011 only surfaced on May 11. Notwithstanding, there was no due process. It seems rather logical that if you are about to interview a murder suspect, you would naturally check to see if he had any weapons. Something stinks here. In Matthew 25, Jesus told those who saw him hungered, athirst, a stranger, or naked or sick and did not minister to him to depart from him. They asked when did they see this? He replied in verse 45: "Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me." If the government affords Todashev no due process, how long before it does it to you?
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

I have yet to read about any Lawyer during questioning. I don't know, anything this big I would think would warrant legal counsel during questioning.
    Have we've finally been over run by the communist that proclaimed it some 60 years ago? Hate to say it but with all the crap in the WH going on and the abuses of Constitutional Rights committed by this administration. It is the time to review why we are allowing this infestation to further spread within our Country. Cancer should be feared as much.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Story seems plausible. Same reports on Fox had them interviewing him in his home. That the case there are a myriad of weapons in one's home that may not be discovered in a cursory search. Not to sound callous but, Ask me if I really care about one dead potential terrorist. Not in the least. The account of the incident sounded plausible enough to me to not question it further, therefore, I do not see the violation of his constitutional rights. There are bigger issues in this country. Such as the 3 scandals engulfing the administration. We really need to see from where on the totem pole the proverbial $#!+ rolled down from.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Hell..... If they read my posts on this forum I expect them to drop me with one behind the ear any day now!
    I put nothing beyond this current administration.
    We are the new enemies of the state and will be dealt with accordingly.
    It's coming..... I just don't know when!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Does anyone know what the fate of the man who made the video that the Obama administration blamed caused the Benghazi attack?

I've heard nothing, whether he was freed or incarcerated.

This came to mind when reading through this thread.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Apparently, I found out the answer. On Nov 7, 2012, he pled guilty to 4 counts of violating his probation. He's to serve one year in prison and 4 years of supervised release.

His name is: Mark Basseley Youssef, formerly known as Nakoula Basseley Nakoula
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

The man wasn't in custody, he was in his own home. According to the AP "Wednesday's incident took place at an apartment complex near the Universal Studios theme park, where the FBI and members of other law enforcement agencies were interviewing the man about the marathon bombing." Very plausible that he could have gone for a knife. Why would the FBI kill him without cause?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

One other point that someone mentioned about him not having legal counsel. He was not under arrest at the time, therefore, the FBI had no obligation to inform him of his right to counsel.

Love it how this new generation of young 20-30 something kids love being liberal yet they forgot to study their constitutional rights and just go yappin to the cops!
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Is it time.

IDK but if someone tries to stab me in the head with a knife, someone with MMA experience and I shoot them dead. To me that is due process.
    If I do that to someone else and they shoot me, that too is due process.
    It is a matter of perspective and if you are trying to kill someone NOT in the defense of yourself, they deserve to meet a timely demise.
    The legal justice system does not provide that today. Does NOT provide a deterrent to folks who wish to do harm to their fellow man.
    There is something to be said for biblical justice, you don't have to wait for years to see the end result.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    IDK but if someone tries to stab me in the head with a knife, someone with MMA experience and I shoot them dead. To me that is due process.
    If I do that to someone else and they shoot me, that too is due process.
    It is a matter of perspective and if you are trying to kill someone NOT in the defense of yourself, they deserve to meet a timely demise.
    The legal justice system does not provide that today. Does NOT provide a deterrent to folks who wish to do harm to their fellow man.
    There is something to be said for biblical justice, you don't have to wait for years to see the end result.

I think your missing Ringo's point...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast