Out of curiosity - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Out of curiosity

Trump is another sideshow act just like Ventura and has a lot of problems with common sense. Christie is about to sign over thirty new gun control laws in a state with some of the most restrictive laws already. Cruz is not eligible; I don't think. He was born in Canada to a Cuban father and U. S. mother. But of course Obama had the same history. Cruz is a genuine conservative. Rubio, is pushing immigration reform. It could be because he is gullible enough to believe Schumer, one of the biggest liars and libs in Congress. My personal choice would be Rand Paul who is a more practical and realistic libertarian than his father. He seems to stick with his principles despite what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    Trump is another sideshow act just like Ventura and has a lot of problems with common sense. Christie is about to sign over thirty new gun control laws in a state with some of the most restrictive laws already. Cruz is not eligible; I don't think. He was born in Canada to a Cuban father and U. S. mother. But of course Obama had the same history. Cruz is a genuine conservative. Rubio, is pushing immigration reform. It could be because he is gullible enough to believe Schumer, one of the biggest liars and libs in Congress. My personal choice would be Rand Paul who is a more practical and realistic libertarian than his father. He seems to stick with his principles despite what others think.
    I like Rand Paul and I like Paul Ryan also. Ryan understands the budget and the Libs cannot fool him on it. Whoever rises to the top MUST be a true Conservative and NOT some pansy like the RNC has shoved off on us Like McCain who was going to change parties a couple of years before the RNC got behind him to run.

I expect Christie to change parties and become a Lib-o-rat. I heard that Cruz was eligible to be Prez. I would bet the farm that Cruz is a damn sight more eligible than obummer! Plus he is NOT a Muslim!!!!!

If I had my way everyone in DC who is getting a pay check from the government or has any dealings with the US government should be canned! (Except for the people in our military.) They should banned from EVER working or having any dealings with our "wonderful" government for the next 100 years! Then burn every paper, law, reg and rule that has been written since the founding. Leave ONLY the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Then we start all over without all the crap that was written to "control" the people.

I know I am dreaming and it will never happen. But at least let me have that fantasy for at least a minute.

Stay with me here, but I like Rand Paul because I don't agree with him on everything. I like his stance on every major issue that I think is important, though he has a few ideas I don't agree with. My point? I think he really has his own convictions that aren't simply part of a party line. I think he get's a bad rap because his dad was lacking the little plastic thingy to hold his six-pack together.
    -
    Even though he is a junior Senator, he has made his displeasure with the D.C. Elite well known. He is also an eye surgeon. Don't try to figure my euphemism out, he really repairs eyeballs. That means that he is one of the few actual businessman that went into politics (I don't count lawyers, "community organizers"...). He could be making millions fixing eyes. Guess what, he's a junior Senator from hillbilly-land, and most people in the country at least have an opinion on him (good or bad).
    -
    I don't think the old-school republicans are smart enough to run him. If they don't and he runs as a Libertarian he'll get enough votes from Tea Party/Libertarians and other true conservatives to screw the republican nominee out of a win - then we get stuck with Hillary
    -
    I added this for anyone who hasn't heard of him except for the filibuster. Rand Paul Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    And I don't mean to pry so only answer if you want too, but I just saw that Trump is throwing around the idea again of running for POTUS in 2016. I don't know much about his political platforms but it there anyone out there who would actually vote for him? I don't anything about his 2A stance but my impression of him has always been that his just a self-obsessed narcissist that only makes these "announcements" as publicity stunts to keep himself in the spotlight.
    Your impression of him is correct, IMO. If he were serious he would have already run. I can't see any reason why he would run for office. He just likes the exposure.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    I will name another who I heard that the RNC was talking to and trying to get to run in 2016. That is Christie. Another RINO who will not stand a chance with most people. I wish the RNC would get their heads out of their backside!!!
    The RNC is not and has never been a conservative organization. They will never honestly support a candidate that you like. If it is up to them, we will continue getting the candidates they like....George H.W. Bush (not Ronald Regan), Bob Dole, George W. Bush, John McCain, Mitt Romney, and next, Chris Christie (If his bariatric surgery works and he drops a couple hundred pounds, America has not elected a fat man in over 100 years, and really only three men would be in the obese/morbidly obese catagory).

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I think he really has his own convictions that aren't simply part of a party line. I think he get's a bad rap because his dad was lacking the little plastic thingy to hold his six-pack together.
    LOLOLOLOL

I could vote for Trump if he was a serious candidate and there was no electable conservative running. Problem is, he has already proven that he isn't a serious candidate, merely a bored billionaire. I could never see him being a "serious candidate" because of the amount of money he would stand to lose while in office.

I really can't expect a candidate that I 100% totally agree with. I like Rand Paul, but I too don't agree with all of his positions. I could see myself voting for him both in the primary and general election. I also like Marco Rubio, and though I might not necessarily agree 100% with his immigration plan, I do agree with him that we should do something.

There is in the neighborhood of 12 million illegals that we have no idea who they are. Secure the border or not, we are not going to be able to deport all of these people. Rubio's plan wouldn't be that bad with some tweaking, such as a mandatory 10-20 year waiting period before applying for citizenship, then being put at the bottom of that current list.....which would prevent those granted amnesty from being able to vote (legally) for around 15-25 years.

I really don't see anyone else out there that might be electable. Hopefully no one that was in the last primary will waste our time.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post
    There is in the neighborhood of 12 million illegals that we have no idea who they are. Secure the border or not, we are not going to be able to deport all of these people. Rubio's plan wouldn't be that bad with some tweaking, such as a mandatory 10-20 year waiting period before applying for citizenship, then being put at the bottom of that current list.....which would prevent those granted amnesty from being able to vote (legally) for around 15-25 years.
    2 big problems with their idea of reform. They might have to wait for "citizenship" but they will still be here getting all the freebies (on your dime) while they wait. One of the stipulations on someone trying to become citizens legally is that they cannot be a public charge. If they cannot prove employability they are denied. Secondly, once a law is passed that 12 million will grow exponentially, both by birth (and you'll probably pay the doctor bill) and by continued border jumping over our poorly defended borders.
    -
    Border patrol has an obvious job, but not enough people to do it (hey, why not dump millions into creating B.P. jobs instead of the mythical "green" jobs?). I.C.E works the interior, tracking detaining and deporting. They are actually suing the administration for not being allowed to do their jobs! Arizona was actually taken to court for enforcing current immigration laws.
    -
    The proposed bill is for one purpose - votes. The repub's are pushing for bipartisan legislation so that the dem's hopefully won't get the lion's share of the Hispanic vote. Not to mention the new pool of potential fraudulent voters! Now they won't need people to vote 6 times or vote for dead people.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post
    The RNC is not and has never been a conservative organization. They will never honestly support a candidate that you like. If it is up to them, we will continue getting the candidates they like....George H.W. Bush (not Ronald Regan), Bob Dole, George W. Bush, John McCain, Mitt Romney, and next, Chris Christie (If his bariatric surgery works and he drops a couple hundred pounds, America has not elected a fat man in over 100 years, and really only three men would be in the obese/morbidly obese catagory).

LOLOLOLOL

I could vote for Trump if he was a serious candidate and there was no electable conservative running. Problem is, he has already proven that he isn't a serious candidate, merely a bored billionaire. I could never see him being a "serious candidate" because of the amount of money he would stand to lose while in office.

I really can't expect a candidate that I 100% totally agree with. I like Rand Paul, but I too don't agree with all of his positions. I could see myself voting for him both in the primary and general election. I also like Marco Rubio, and though I might not necessarily agree 100% with his immigration plan, I do agree with him that we should do something.

I really don't see anyone else out there that might be electable. Hopefully no one that was in the last primary will waste our time.
    I agree that the RNC is not Conservative. The RNC was also happy with the IRS on the back of the TEA Party. The leadership are "blue blood" North-easterners who are really libs at heart. They will do anything to stay in power including destroying the country as founded. They really get me riled when we Conservatives are suppose to back their candidate but when we get our candidate on the ballot they tell us, "You wanted him/her you get them elected."
    I was born and raised a Democrat and still have the same beliefs and ideas. The DNC left me and others like me behind. I went with the RNC because they at least "talked" Conservative. Now I will NOT give one dime to the RNC. I will only give to the TEA Party and to candidates who I feel are not ALL talk and will not walk the talk.
    I see that you quote Rush. I like Rush, Sean and other good Conservative hosts a lot. They are the ONLY ones who are telling us what is really going on. Like Rush I have got to the point "where I can not suffer fools" such as on PMSNBC, CNN and all the rest of the alphabet news cesspools. There was a time that I would at least listen to a lib and try to tell them where I thought they were wrong. That proved to be an exercise in futility. I was expected to listen to what they said but the libs did not want to hear what I had to say.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    2 big problems with their idea of reform. They might have to wait for "citizenship" but they will still be here getting all the freebies (on your dime) while they wait. One of the stipulations on someone trying to become citizens legally is that they cannot be a public charge. If they cannot prove employability they are denied. Secondly, once a law is passed that 12 million will grow exponentially, both by birth (and you'll probably pay the doctor bill) and by continued border jumping over our poorly defended borders.
    -
    Border patrol has an obvious job, but not enough people to do it (hey, why not dump millions into creating B.P. jobs instead of the mythical "green" jobs?). I.C.E works the interior, tracking detaining and deporting. They are actually suing the administration for not being allowed to do their jobs! Arizona was actually taken to court for enforcing current immigration laws.
    -
    The proposed bill is for one purpose - votes. The repub's are pushing for bipartisan legislation so that the dem's hopefully won't get the lion's share of the Hispanic vote. Not to mention the new pool of potential fraudulent voters! Now they won't need people to vote 6 times or vote for dead people.
    I don't disagree that the thing on the minds of most mainstream Republican politicians is getting the Hispanic vote. They won't. History has already shown that (though their memory is about as short as a certain part of their bodies), Ronald Regan signed the amnesty bill. He had gotten 35% of the Hispanic vote in 1980, and 37% in 1984. Yet George H W Bush only got 30%.

Republicans will never get a particular group of voters by pandering to them, or playing Santa Clause. Because the Democrats will always take things three steps further than the Republicans are willing to do. When the media shares your ideology, you can pretty much do and say whatever the hell you want to, because you will never be called on it.

He could have me fooled, but I don't believe that Rubio is pandering for the Hispanic vote. His plan is fairly reasonable, and it begins with securing the border. Unlike the bill that Ronald Reagan signed, nothing else will happen until the border is secured. As far as getting benefits (his plan says they won't get them), I don't know how well his plan will work, but it doesn't make that much difference, in the sanctuary cities and California, they are getting them now.

Again, there are around 12 million people living in this country that we have no idea who they are. And 12 million once was considered the high number....I personally believe that the number is much higher than that. You really can't even guess. I could line up the 150 or so Hispanics (with accents) I personally currently know, you could have a conversation with each of them, and there is no way you could tell which are illegal, which are naturalized, and which are native-born. Now that I think about it, for many of them I don't even know, I do know for sure that about 1/4th of them are illegal. None of the latter receive any kind of government benefits. Actually out of the whole group the only ones that receive any kind of benefits are native-born.

There is a huge number of illegals in my county. No one has a clue how many, estimates range from 1500 (the low-end guess by local officials) to 6000 (a ball-park number given to me by a Hispanic pastor of a local Hispanic mission run by the Southern Baptist Convention). This is in a county of less than 30K. Which means that we have no clue who possibly 20% of the local population is. Most people would never believe that the number is even 1500, mainly because you don't see them if you don't look. They have totally assimilated...most speak English, most families have 2 children, etc. They dress like we do. They drive nice vehicles, no low riders, loud pipes, smokers, etc. They live in nice homes, their kids have nice bicycles and trampolines in the back yard. Our crime rate has not significantly increased. If there are gangs, they don't do anything to be noticed.

Don't get me wrong. I am not one of those people who think that we should do something just to be doing something. And I would rather do nothing than do the wrong thing. But what we have now cannot continue.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

fstroupe, I get everything you're saying. I was stationed in south Texas, and the apartment complex I lived in had regular visits from INS. At one point the apartment next door had about 10 guys living there. They were great neighbors, never made noise, never had loud parties... but if one of them got hurt doing the menial labor they were doing, they would be taken to the ER on our dime. Their kids would get public education on our dime.
    -
    My point is that we have laws to prevent all this already, but they are not being enforced-all in the name of being humane and political correctness. If I do anything illegal, I am a criminal. Them???

I think we need a Ryan/Paul ticket... without a denomination sticker.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast