Out of curiosity
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of curiosity

Out of curiosity

And I don't mean to pry so only answer if you want too, but I just saw that Trump is throwing around the idea again of running for POTUS in 2016. I don't know much about his political platforms but it there anyone out there who would actually vote for him? I don't anything about his 2A stance but my impression of him has always been that his just a self-obsessed narcissist that only makes these "announcements" as publicity stunts to keep himself in the spotlight.

I'm pretty much where you are on that. He's right about a lot of things he comments on, but Trump is all about promoting Trump. JMO.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

I'd have to think long and hard about voting for Trump. Of course if the only competitors were Clinton or Bloomberg, the choice would get easier.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    And I don't mean to pry so only answer if you want too, but I just saw that Trump is throwing around the idea again of running for POTUS in 2016. I don't know much about his political platforms but it there anyone out there who would actually vote for him? I don't anything about his 2A stance but my impression of him has always been that his just a self-obsessed narcissist that only makes these "announcements" as publicity stunts to keep himself in the spotlight.
    We already have one in the White House however I take trump over Barney any day...
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

I am just wondering if republicans are dumb enough to run "The Donald". Well, they did run McCain...
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    I am just wondering if republicans are dumb enough to run "The Donald". Well, they did run McCain...
    Then they trumped that with the twit from Wasilla.
    Last edited by XD40scinNC; 06-02-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: tpyo
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Would I vote for him in a primary? No. Would I vote for him in November if he won the primary? Probably. I'm guessing then it would become a case of "the lesser of two evils". But until then I'm hoping we can come up with something better.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    When Jesse Ventura won and became Governor in MN, I had not voted for him but was not unhappy that he had won. I had hopes that Jesse could stand our "wonderful" political system on its ear and show everyone that a layperson could do the job. But Jesse was only interested in promoting Jesse. He did a couple of things that was good but for the most part did not do much good. I believe that Trump would be about the same. He may do some good things but for the most part would put Trump first and foremost. But he would be an improvement over what is in the WH now. IMHO!!!!

10. Its been a circus since the end of Bush's term..... so it doesn't matter anymore.

Out of curiosity

Ya I'm kinda with everyone on the " Anybody but Obama" idea but he would never come close to being my first choice. That's a good comparison Vern thx.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast