Poll Suggests Brits Want Handgun Ban Debate in Parliament
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll Suggests Brits Want Handgun Ban Debate in Parliament

Poll Suggests Brits Want Handgun Ban Debate in Parliament

by Dylan Polk
    An online poll published by The Telegraph shows Brits favor a debate in Parliament to repeal the current handgun ban.

Read More:
    Telegraph: Brits Vote for Handgun Ban Debate in Parliament - Guns & Ammo
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Good for them but I just don't see anything coming of it.

Betcha Piers is having a hissy over this one!

Inertia is a dangerous thing in politics. Once a position has been established, it is very hard for that position to be changed. To clarify, they are banned now... it will take a lot of momentum to topple that position. I wish them well.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Farmhood View Post
    Betcha Piers is having a hissy over this one!
    Lol ditto. I wouldn't be surprised ,if this gained any momentum (I doubt it will), if he returned home for a while to fight it and propagandize his crap over there.

Perhaps it is due to the Woolrich event?
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Inertia is a dangerous thing in politics. Once a position has been established, it is very hard for that position to be changed. To clarify, they are banned now... it will take a lot of momentum to topple that position. I wish them well.
    Well said that.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

9. Freedoms lost are never regained.

10. The UK has a definite identity crisis. The British government disarms it's own subjects, and now wants to send arms to the Syrian rebels. This is odd for a nation that lost the American colonies in a war of revolution, and is now supporting the Syrian rebels against the Syrian government. Don't they even believe their own propaganda that firearms are too dangerous for the average person, and that only the recognized government should have weapons? Come on, England, get your act together.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Their sucess is our sucess.

A lot of Brits have wanted their firearms back for a long time. But to get the chance to debate the topic in Parliament is huge under form of government. I truly hope they have some success with regaining their rights. It will go a long way in support the American stand for the Second Amendment and against any laws regarding confiscation of weapons by the government. What helps them get their rights back will help us in our fight against liberal attacks against our ownership of weapons.
    ~
    We need to cheer them on and support them in their fight to bear arms in defense of themselves and family.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast