Obama To Sign International Gun Control Treaty On June 3rd - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama To Sign International Gun Control Treaty On June 3rd

I hope the Senate doesn't ratify it.

Cnon

I think the political machinations going on are what we as average citizens aren't clued in on. I think the reason they don't seem worried is that they no it would never be ratified. Think about this: Gun control laws would never pass the House right now even if they did pass the Senate, so why was everyone worried about it? Well, IMHO the debate made some Democrats stand up and vote on an issue they would rather not have. It also made sure that any of the Executive Orders signed got a spotlight instead of going under the radar like so many of his other EO's. In an economy that is circling the bowl, can you name an industry that is thriving right now? And what party do you think will benefit from that industry with regards to campaign contributions? How many millions of new donors have been added to the roles of the NRA, NAGR and other pro gun organizations and lobbyists? You could look deeper into the Immigration reform issue as well. Will the Dems lose any Hispanic votes if a "bi-partisan" reform bill is passed so that they can't say "WE DID THIS"? Do you think the passage of it will happen in close proximity to the 2014 midterm elections?
    -
    My point is unless we look deeper into everything the gub'ment does, we only know what they want us to know. I think their secret agendas are really what are being thwarted by the new-blood like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz and the rest of the filibuster crowd. That is why you see several of the "old guard" Senators trying to discount them as young, inexperienced, ignorant, not seeing the big picture. Easy solution? Term limits, no laws can be passed that do not apply to politicians, and every law must be passed on it's own merit (i.e. no snail sex research funding amended to an important education bill).
    -
    "My reason for fixing them in office for a term of years, rather than for life, was that they might have an idea that they were at a certain period to return into the mass of the people and become the governed instead of the governors which might still keep alive that regard to the public good that otherwise they might perhaps be induced by their independence to forget." - Thomas Jefferson
    -
    "The security intended to the general liberty consists in the frequent election and in the rotation of the members of Congress." - James Madison & Alexander Hamilton
    -
    "Whenever a man has cast a longing eye on office, a rottenness begins in his conduct." - Thomas Jefferson

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnon View Post
    I hope the Senate doesn't ratify it.

Cnon
    Me too, but the simple fact that there's been little to no noise being made about it of late is not much comfort to me. The Senate is still Dem-controlled, which likewise gives me no comfort. It is almost to the point that it doesn't really matter what the Senate does anyway, we are a member-state of the international treaty that created and maintains the UN, the UN has passed the ATT, and Obama/Holder or anyone else in the administration is not going to oppose full implementation of the ATT whether or not the Senate ratifies it. Parts, ammunition and weapons made overseas are going to dry up regardless of what the Senate does. That actually may be their "cover." "We didn't vote for it, so you can't blame us for the drought of gun-related merchandise, Mr. and Mrs. Electorate." With the electorate we have, it may actually work too.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

All is par for the End of the Age & This Last Generation. I'll start worrying IF, and only IF, everything doesn't go from bad to worse on a daily basis.
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

We are living a post constitutional United States. And it doesn't seem to bother the majority of voters that their God given liberties are quickly being stripped from them. Everything this Administration is doing is about control and not security. We have a government acting in the manner of a tyranny and not a republic. The IRS, Homeland Security, and Justice Department targeting those who oppose this Administration is behavior far more in line with that of a dictatorship. And their plan of domination is almost complete. The destruction of the second amendment will be the last step in the destruction of individual liberty. This descent into totalitarianism may not be reversible by ordinary means .

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    This is a constitutional train wreck. As has been this entire presidency of lies and back-door dealing. For a former constitutional law professor he's playing hard and fast with the law. He threw his pesky white grandmother under the bus in the 2007 campaign yet won't do it to Holder (fast-n-furious, IRS scandal, Targeting the AP, Targeting Fox News reporter James Rosen and his parents).
    Sorry BC but I beg to differ with you that obummer was EVER a Constitutional Law Professor. Like the rest of his resume it has not ever been verified by people who were present during the times obummer claims to have done the things he says he has done. But you are correct in your assessment of obummer in everything else. While we will think of obummer as the worst President EVER, but the lib-o-rat media will rewrite history so obummer will be the best thing since sliced bread!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    While we will think of obummer as the worst President EVER, but the lib-o-rat media will rewrite history so obummer will be the best thing since sliced bread!
    LOL So Sadly true.

Cnon

Do I really care? I will do what everyone else seems to have done over the last several months. I have my firearms and I will, once supplies begin to meet demands, load up big time on the ammunition that supplies those firearms. Come to my house or hassle with me to imminent threat, I will do what I have to do--at least in SC, I can still be in charge of my own well being and life, as opposed to possible death because some a-hole politician or the garbage in the whitehouse or Bloomcrap or Skumber or Feincrap think they know better. I will never ever be a sheep to this illegal, gestapo thug government and someone will go to hell before I go to heaven if I am threatened.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Do I really care? I will do what everyone else seems to have done over the last several months. I have my firearms and I will, once supplies begin to meet demands, load up big time on the ammunition that supplies those firearms. Come to my house or hassle with me to imminent threat, I will do what I have to do--at least in SC, I can still be in charge of my own well being and life, as opposed to possible death because some a-hole politician or the garbage in the whitehouse or Bloomcrap or Skumber or Feincrap think they know better. I will never ever be a sheep to this illegal, gestapo thug government and someone will go to hell before I go to heaven if I am threatened.
    The question is, do they really care? They won't fight you, they'll just blow your house up with you in it. No problem.
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

If the anti 2A party, democrats, take control of the house and senate in 2014, I would expect this to pass. The main stream media will not see this as anything important and not report on it till it's too late. Once again we will be left with "How'd that happen"!
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast