Obama To Sign International Gun Control Treaty On June 3rd - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama To Sign International Gun Control Treaty On June 3rd

If we're still around in 2016, anything that can happen will already have happened.
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    ^^^^ THIS

People are running around like chickens with their heads cut off but until the Senate picks it up it's a non issue and from what I've seen there's not much interest in the Senate to even look at it.
    If obummer and the lib-o-rats keep the Senate and take over the House in 2014 then all bets would be off! The libs want to take back the House then "LOOK OUT"!!

From my understanding, this treaty cannot "over ride" any of our Constitutional Amendments....

Sent from behind enemy lines.

I love bitching about the administration as much as the next guy, but let me ask al of you: Have you made your wishes known to your employees in Washington? Find their number, call and let your voice be heard. E-mail them. Most of them will follow the will of their constituents, but you have to put your name on a list as wanting either a "yes" or "no" vote on an issue.
    -
    People complain about wanting term limits, but we actually have them - elections. South Carolina recently passed a law requiring an ID to vote. It's not racist, but some states and the ACLU are trying to say it is. Fight it. I don't believe Obama actually won a fair election in 2012. Just remember that complaining on a forum or Facebook doesn't constitute "the best we can do"

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    From my understanding, this treaty cannot "over ride" any of our Constitutional Amendments....
    It can and will effect international commerce. Foreign-made guns, magazines and other "black rifle" accessories could dry up overnight.

And whodat, I think you're preaching to the choir about contacting legislators around here. The key is to elect the right legislators in the first place, not try to hold them to some position that it doesn't come naturally for them to support after they're elected.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    It can and will effect international commerce. Foreign-made guns, magazines and other "black rifle" accessories could dry up overnight.

And whodat, I think you're preaching to the choir about contacting legislators around here. The key is to elect the right legislators in the first place, not try to hold them to some position that it doesn't come naturally for them to support after they're elected.

Blues
    Yeah, we are all, preaching to the choir here, But I feel we must keep the pressure one, even those on our side, take a look a Joe Manchin and Pat Toomey, both said they were pro 2a, but then Sand Hook happened.

And they said "We must do something" and went anti 2a in a flash.

Cnon

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnon View Post
    Yeah, we are all, preaching to the choir here, But I feel we must keep the pressure one, even those on our side, take a look a Joe Manchin and Pat Toomey, both said they were pro 2a, but then Sand Hook happened.

And they said "We must do something" and went anti 2a in a flash.

Cnon
    "Preaching to the choir" was ancillary to the point that voters should elect the right legislators in the first place. Manchin and Toomey are perfect examples of that thought. I never had any question that either one of them would turn against founding principles on one issue or another eventually, Manchin being a phony "moderate" Dem, and Toomey being the quintessential RINO, as are the vast majority of Republicans occupying the seats of power all across the country.

"Believing" what politicians say in this day and age is a suicide mission. I have two Senators who have rarely voted contrary to the way I would have them vote if I could control them, but I still don't trust them as far as I can spit. I write them both at least once a week, and monitor that they follow through with what they said they would do on a number of different issues. So far, they largely have, but who knows? Nobody ever knows the true potential for betrayal from any politician. Especially where career politicians are concerned, The People have very little potential of unseating them to threaten them with. The political machinery in this country is not manned by The People anymore. I believe only what they do, never what they say until such time as their actions become consistent with their commitments/promises, and then I go right back to distrusting them until they prove themselves again on the next issue. Anyone who was disappointed because they actually believed what Manchin and Toomey said, and then left them alone thinking they would stay consistent with their promises, doesn't understand how a career politician's mind works. All but a very few in the history of America eventually proved themselves to be snakes in the grass.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Let's just bring out his Kenya birth certificate and kick him out of office, which would nullify everything he has signed, prosecute him for crimes against the USA and put in a deep dark prison cell for his remaining years...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post

Sent from behind enemy lines.
    There was a time when I would agree with you. But with obummer and the lib-o-rats today I believe we would be on shaky ground to trust the the US Constitution would trump anything the UN would enact. I would also not trust SCOTUS to strike down anything either. We have way to many Libs in key places that would LOVE to totally shred the Constitution and will do whatever it takes to do it.
    How many times have we seen the libs lament the fact that the Constitution limits what they can do??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast