When & Where Will The Next Fast & Furious Be? Now In Milwaukee Maybe?

Thread: When & Where Will The Next Fast & Furious Be? Now In Milwaukee Maybe?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA

When & Where Will The Next Fast & Furious Be? Now In Milwaukee Maybe?

....Inspector General Michael Horowitz wrote to two members of Congress that the Milwaukee sting appeared to raise "significant management issues relating to the oversight and management" of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The issues, the letter said, were especially troubling coming after the agency had promised reforms.

A bipartisan group of congressional members demanded answers after a Journal Sentinel investigation of the sting that revealed an agent's guns, including a machine gun, were stolen, the ATF storefront was ripped off of $40,000 in merchandise and agents allowed an armed felon who threatened to shoot someone to leave the store. At least four of the wrong people were arrested and three of them charged, including a man who was in prison. The ATF machine gun is still missing.....

....The Journal Sentinel investigation exposed numerous failures and foul-ups in the sting in Milwaukee's Riverwest neighborhood, where agents set up a fake storefront to nab criminals selling guns and drugs.

Besides losing guns and being burglarized, agents lost a ballistic shield, left behind sensitive documents and damaged the building. They ran up utility bills, refused to pay the landlord and warned him against pursuing the matter. In addition, ATF agents hired a brain-damaged man with a low IQ to promote the store, then turned around and arrested him on federal charges....

....It was written after a congressional staff briefing with ATF officials last month and signed by Sensenbrenner, Goodlatte and U.S. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee; and U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The letter declares Operation Fearless a "spectacular failure."

That letter from Issa, Grassley and other Congress-critters lays out most of what the Journal Sentinel's investigation shows. Also, on the page that these excerpts came from (linked in the title/credits above) there are links to other Journal Sentinel pieces on the sting-gone-wrong in Milwaukee, including their original exposť. Worth the read if you want to be informed about not only what bumbling, incompetent fools the ATF apparently are, but if you want to know more on why I say law enforcement in this country is largely a criminal enterprise, this will butress that assertion as well. For instance, the last line of the above-linked piece says...

"In a separate report, Horowitz found that the former U.S. attorney in Arizona retaliated against an ATF agent who was the main Fast and Furious whisteblower."

In case anyone doesn't know, there are supposedly "strict" shield laws in place to protect whistleblowers, but since in all cases of one LEO blowing the whistle on another LEO is a case of the whistleblower violating the near-impenetrable code of silence, retaliation is routine in one form or another. If the head of the dragon is infected with such criminality, the lower extremities are too, so from the highest LE office in the land, the US Attorney General's Office, to the lowest cop on the beat, lawlessness is the order of the day, and only the blindest of lemmings can't see it.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Some times I think that it is comical to fear the BATF much. It appears that these people couldn't find their own as#es with both hands and a flash light.

Blog Entries

Arbordale

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
    Some times I think that it is comical to fear the BATF much. It appears that these people couldn't find their own as#es with both hands and a flash light.
    These are the people we need to fear. The professional, law abiding officers employed won't be a problem to those of who are patriots and law abiding citizens.

"Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms" should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency!
    -
    I saw that on a t-shirt