Jesse Ventura Going After Slain Navy SEAL Sniper Chris Kyle’s Widow in Court
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Ventura Going After Slain Navy SEAL Sniper Chris Kyle’s Widow in Court

Jesse Ventura Going After Slain Navy SEAL Sniper Chris Kyle’s Widow in Court

Read today that Jesse is considering a run for President in 2016. Articles like this will not endear him to the military. Maybe the old boy's fortunes have dwindled. Wonder how SEALs would think about this?

Taya Kyle. (NBC DFW)

Noted 9/11 truther Jesse Ventura is continuing his defamation lawsuit against deceased U.S. sniper Chris Kyle by going after Taya Kyle, the slain soldier’s widow.

“Lawyers for Ventura have asked a federal court to continue his lawsuit against Chris Kyle…by substituting Kyle’s wife, Taya, as the defendant,” the Minnesota Star Tribune reports.

Kyle was killed in February when he was shot to death by a former U.S. Marine suffering from PTSD.

Ventura, most famously known for being the guy who dies 45 minutes into “Predator,” claimed last year that the decorated former SEAL’s book, “American Sniper,” wrongly accused him of starting a California bar fight.

“Although Kyle is deceased, his ‘American Sniper’ book continues to sell and it is soon to be made into a movie,” said Ventura’s motion.

The former wrestler’s lawyer added: Because Kyle’s accusation survives his death, “it would be unjust to permit the estate to continue to profit from Kyle’s wrongful conduct and to leave Governor Ventura without redress for ongoing damage to his reputation.”

Ventura’s lawsuit stems from a claim Kyle made while promoting his book.

Jesse Ventura Continues Defamation Lawsuit Against Chris Klye By Suing Taya Kyle
    Chris Kyle (l) and Jesse Ventura (r). (Getty Images)

The former SEAL said Ventura bad-mouthed and degraded the U.S. military in front of a group of SEALs. Kyle’s accusation, if true, is all the more egregious considering the fact that the SEALs had converged on that particular to commemorate the loss of a comrade who died throwing himself on a grenade.

“He was bad-mouthing the war, bad-mouthing (former President) Bush, bad-mouthing America,” Kyle told Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly.

“He told us that we were killing innocent people over there, men women children, that we were murders,” Kyle continued, adding that he asked the B list actor to tone down the truther rhetoric just a tad.

“And then he said that we deserved to lose a few guys,” O’Reilly said.

Kyle said he responded by laying out Ventura.

“That happened? You knocked him out?” O’Reilly asked.

“Well, I knocked him down.”

Taya’s attorney on Wednesday responded to the motion, filing an official response and saying that Ventura’s move comes as “a disappointment, but no surprise.”

“Continuing this action will serve no useful purpose,” wrote Kyle’s attorney, “and likely will promote public perception of Jesse Ventura as someone who has little or no regard for the feelings and welfare of surviving family members of deceased war heroes.”

The Star Tribune reports that a hearing is slated for June 17 in U.S. District Court in Minneapolis

When Jesse ran and won the Governor's race here in MN, I did not vote for him but was not unhappy that he had won. I had very high hopes that Jesse would stand our political system on it's ear and show everyone that a lay person could do the job. Jesse did do a couple of good things but for the most part Jesse was only interested in promoting Jesse. We think that obummer is bad but IF Jesse did get in he would be worse than obummer ego wise. I lost ALL respect for Jesse while he was Governor and it has gotten only worse.

This really lets you know how low prestige the office of President of the United States really has fallen that someone like Jesse Ventura thinks he even has a shot at winning election with the reputation he has in the public eye.
    ~
    There is no doubt that the death of Chris really threw Jesse's plans for a payday into the toilet. But know let's see just how low you can go and try to hit up the wife of the late military veteran for the payday he thought he was going to get from Chris.
    ~
    For someone like myself who thought very little of Jesse Ventura in the first place, this kind of action on his part just erased him from my thoughts all together,
    ~
    What were we talking about, oh well must have not been anyone important AT ALL.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Too many body slams and DDT's for the body. Euthanasia may be the kindest move!
    Si vis pacem para bellum

“Continuing this action will serve no useful purpose,” wrote Kyle’s attorney, “and likely will promote public perception of Jesse Ventura as someone who has little or no regard for the feelings and welfare of surviving family members of deceased war heroes.”

Likely promote the perception? I think it's been a very long time since Mr. Ventura had any regard for anything, or one, other than Mr. Ventura. I can't imagine a place in politics, at any level for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post

Likely promote the perception? I think it's been a very long time since Mr. Ventura had any regard for anything, or one, other than Mr. Ventura. I can't imagine a place in politics, at any level for him.
    Jesse was suppose to have been a SEAL and if he was then I will give respect for his service. But now he has sunk to a low where I have NO respect for him. He wants to blame Kyle but Jesse has been his own worst enemy. I believe he will only get worse as people dismiss him.

He also is connected with Alex Jones and is on the radio show on a regular basis. He seems to share many of the same wild and self promoting conspiracy theories. They both are able to take a few facts and turn them into giant, governmental conspiracies. The government actually has been involved in a lot very questionable activities that are destructive to Republic and Constitutional limitations to government. And the wild theories of these two do nothing but discredit those who want to return to a Constitutional Republic.

Plus this attack on Chris Kyle's estate and family is disgraceful. The complete proceeds from the book go to helping other veterans. so Ventura is in effect stealing from wounded vets. Thankfully, the Kyle family has been provided for by 1 million dollars collected by Glenn Beck's Foundation, Mercury. The money somehow has been legally protected from Ventura's' greed and vindictive nature.

Probably the part Jesse objects to is the statement by Kyle that he knocked the Great Jesse Ventura down in a bar fight. How could that possibly be true, Jesse thinks nobody can knock him down.
    Certified NRA Instructor in Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, Personal Defense in The Home, Personal Defense Outside the Home and Refuse to Be a Victim.
    Oklahoma Handgun License Instructor; NRA Benefactor Life Member; NRA EVC, District 2, OK

Seriously going after the wife, after the guy is dead? Hell the BOOK itself doesn't even say his name.. it was only in interviews it was mentioned..
    Talk about scumbag..

Id say we just let him know that we dont approve of his crap.. send him hatemail/etc and let him know that its to late to repair his image.. he has destroyed it enough with his own words/actions..

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    Jesse was suppose to have been a SEAL and if he was then I will give respect for his service. But now he has sunk to a low where I have NO respect for him. He wants to blame Kyle but Jesse has been his own worst enemy. I believe he will only get worse as people dismiss him.
    He was never a SEAL - he was UDT only, he did not advance to the extra training requirements to be an actual SEAL - it was only after his service that his old UDT unit was folded into SEALS.
    Also - according to what ive read, he never saw combat during Vietnam, despite some interviews (in past) where he talks like he did... Hell I bet his only action was in the movie predator where he dies early on in the movie!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast