Proposed Michigan Law Creates 'Gun Free' Zones

Thread: Proposed Michigan Law Creates 'Gun Free' Zones

1. Proposed Michigan Law Creates 'Gun Free' Zones

Proposed Michigan bill outlines gun free zones including bars, hospitals, arenas, any venue that seat over 2500 and many more places.

Proposed Michigan Gun Law SB0407 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

This wouldn't "CREATE" anything but a sign.
    All of the gun free zones currently exist.

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Proposed Michigan bill outlines gun free zones including bars, hospitals, arenas, any venue that seat over 2500 and many more places.

Proposed Michigan Gun Law SB0407 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    We're not allowed to carry in the places you mentioned now. Looks to me like they are defining the language for a sign for these places. I've never seen one posted yet. Other than that I didn't notice any changes.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Ah.... Nothing like posting "free human kill zone" signs!
    I'm sure that this will make all the insane bad guys think twice about pulling the trigger now!!
    Thanks big government for watching out for us pee on's!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Michigan will soon be over run with muslim extremists so it will not be an issue. You know, them being of, and practicing their peace loving religion and all.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Currently in Michigan, because of the way the laws read and what is ... not written! and left out of the laws..., it is legal for a person who has a carry permit to open carry in the concealed carry PFZ's. If I am reading this bill correctly posting a sign would make it illegal for those with a carry permit to open carry in concealed carry PFZ... essentially making any carry in those posted zones illegal.

While private property owners already can ban (essentially make illegal with force of trespass law) all carry on/in their property this bill would also make public owned property (schools for example) able to post a sign and make all carry illegal.

If I have read the bill incorrectly I would greatly appreciate being corrected.

Correct signage should read "FREE FIRE ZONE"