Republican P. Ryan 'Calls Out' Democrat J. McDermott @ IRS Hearing

Thread: Republican P. Ryan 'Calls Out' Democrat J. McDermott @ IRS Hearing

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow Republican P. Ryan 'Calls Out' Democrat J. McDermott @ IRS Hearing

It is always entertaining to see what happens when an old guard D.C. Democrat crosses paths with a “young gun” D.C. Republican. Take, for example, the recent clash between Democrat Congressmen Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) and Republican Paul Ryan (R-Wis).

During last Tuesday's House Ways and Means Committee hearing on the IRS’ Scandal of targeting conservative groups, Jim McDermott said that Tea Party groups wouldn’t have been scrutinized if they didn’t apply for tax-exempt status and engage in the activities they did. In other words, 'Their own personal beliefs were to blame'.

Republican young gun Paul Ryan quickly shot back at McDermotts asinine statement to the roaring applause of most of those that were in the room. McDermott was clearly befuddled and appeared to have been suffering from yet another case of 'foot in mouth' disease as many left leaning Democrats seem to be afflicted with nowadays.

Watch: Gallery Erupts During IRS Hearing After Paul Ryan Calls out a Dem Rep | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    It is always entertaining to see what happens when an old guard D.C. Democrat crosses paths with a “young gun” D.C. Republican. Take, for example, the recent clash between Democrat Congressmen Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) and Republican Paul Ryan (R-Wis).

During last Tuesday's House Ways and Means Committee hearing on the IRS’ Scandal of targeting conservative groups, Jim McDermott said that Tea Party groups wouldn’t have been scrutinized if they didn’t apply for tax-exempt status and engage in the activities they did. In other words, 'Their own personal beliefs were to blame'.

Republican young gun Paul Ryan quickly shot back at McDermotts asinine statement to the roaring applause of most of those that were in the room. McDermott was clearly befuddled and appeared to have been suffering from yet another case of 'foot in mouth' disease as many left leaning Democrats seem to be afflicted with nowadays.

Watch: Gallery Erupts During IRS Hearing After Paul Ryan Calls out a Dem Rep | Video | TheBlaze.com
    The hypocrisy from those in power on the left is quite sickening imvho.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I guess McDermott never heard of left wing political groups like moveon.org. I can guaran-damn-tee that if liberal groups had been the target of the IRS, he would be singing a different tune.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I saw that session and Ryan was really good. But McDermott is only secondary to a far bigger problem that we have in this country. This is a problem common to all government employees from local, to state, right up to the national level. These people no longer believe they work for the public; they believe they rule the public. When was the transformation from public servant to rulers by "divine right."

We have lost local control of education . Our county board of supervisors (in a very rural Iowa county) call voters liars and gives all employees raises, including themselves. They have provided medical insurance for county workers that none of the voters can afford.

On the national level we have a budding dictator in the Whitehouse, surrounded enforcers. The IRS believes that it is beyond the rule of law and is used to persecute and intimidate citizens. Homeland security is acting as the Gestapo did in the German police state under Hitler. Congress passes laws to limit our Constitutional Rights but they exempt themselves from from those unconstitutional laws. Our government has been infiltrated by radical Islamists; and we know how democratic they are. Big brother is watching every aspect of our lives. Privacy no longer exists.

We have already have lost many of our Constitutionally protected rights and are about to lose everything. I don't have a solution but these traitors in our capitol need to be removed. Term limits could help but tyrants never leave limit their power. We have way too many voters who see their vote instead of work as a means of providing for their needs. And politicians are working on legalizing 12 million more government dependents. We are being backed into a corner with only very unpleasant choices left for four salvation.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I very rarely watch congressional hearings, but I was interested in hearing what the victims of the IRS's witch hunt had to say, so I watched and listened to every second of that hearing yesterday.

As offensive as Baghdad-Jim-McDermott's rant was, what I found even more offensive was that whenever any on Dem side of the panel, including McDermott, made statements like that, the witnesses were not afforded an opportunity to respond. They had to sit there quietly and respectfully enduring insult after insult within highly partisan speeches. They were basically being accused of breaking the 501-c(3) and c(4) laws because their pet issues were political in nature. I was glad to see John Eastman delay his answer to a subsequent question so he could briefly address another hack's insulting drivel, but when government officials accuse citizens of engaging in fraudulent exemption applications, each one of them should have had ample time to respond.

Otherwise, the witnesses were the "stars" of the "show." Ryan playing paddy-cake with McDermott didn't really do much for me. I would've much rather heard him say, "Mr. and Ms. Witnesses, you can use my time to respond to that any way you see fit." None of them seemed like the types that needed a politician to speak for them, and I would've loved to hear them dress McDermott (and others) down on their own.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...