Illinois gets extra 30 days to enact concealed carry.

Thread: Illinois gets extra 30 days to enact concealed carry.

1. Illinois gets extra 30 days to enact concealed carry.

Illinois has been granted an extra month to put a law on the books allowing qualified citizens to carry loaded weapons in public.

In a ruling issued Tuesday afternoon, just five days before a federal appeals court had said Illinois must lift its ban on concealed weapons, a three-judge federal panel gave Gov. Pat Quinn additional time to review a proposed gun law that was approved by the House and Senate last week.
    Judges add 30 days to concealed carry countdown
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

Illinois is still ordered to pass a carry law. The governor was also notified that this was the one and only extension and not to even ask for another.

4. I'm glad I don't live in IL. any more.

Only a river separates Illinois from Iowa where live. I always worry that the stupidity and corruption of IL politics will spread across the river.

Given the time, Illinois will come up with a law so neutered it will be worthless to those who actually want to carry.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Carry under the 2nd amendment.

8. Don't look now but she is at it again!

Madigan seeks 2nd delay on Illinois gun plan
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

9. "Assault" Weapons Ban To Be discussed during Committee Meeting 7:00 p.m. Monday, June 24 Park Ridge City Hall, 505 Butler Place, Park Ridge, IL 60068

Park Ridge will consider an "assault" weapons ban during a Procedures and Regulations Committee meeting on June 24. If you live/work in the Park Ridge area, please attend this important meeting. In the meantime, please contact the city county members and voice your opposition to any ordinance that infringes on the right to keep and bear arms. Please be polite but firm when communicating with council members.

City of Park Ridge
    David Schmidt, Mayor847-331-7063
    [email protected]