You had to take a driving test didn't you. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You had to take a driving test didn't you.

Thinning the heard, natural selection both work very well in nature.

I believe in instruction and was NRA instructor for years. However, driving is a privilege and the second amendment is a right. No government should ever be allowed to decide who is entitled to the liberty that was given by God to all men.

I wonder how things would work if free speech, voting, going to church, or writing a newspaper column required a license? Please show me in the Constitution where exercising your liberty requires a test. What do the words "shall not be infringed" mean? The rights of free men can not be limited by licensing requirements or all individual liberty will cease to exist. Do you want the current government licensing the rights of citizens? And who creates the test? How about a government agency to license those entitled to continue living since natural selection doesn't seem to be improving the gene pool. All of these issues were decided over 200 years ago.

And there are times when I think that politicians and other idiots should need a licence in order to express their stupid opinions which are far more dangerous than firearms. As we now see with this Administration tyranny is always a danger and individual liberty the target.

I want to send my kid to school in Russia. I saw a video were Russian HS kids had a relay event in PE. Swimming, no, track, no, AK-47 assembly and dis-assembly!

In Mutha Russia, AK-47 diz-ahssemble yuuu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by the real diehl View Post
    It drive me nuts to go to public ranges and stores and see the way people handle firearms. Pointing in all directions and doing unthinkable things that make me cringe. My pop would have boxed my ears if I would have done something like that. So I don't see any thing wrong with people having to demonstrate safe handling skills, proficiency and knowledge of the piece they intend to carry. I don't mean requiring a license to buy a gun and keep one in your house. I mean carry one in public, concealed or otherwise.
    For the complaints you have articulated above of inexperienced carriers, the only requirement needed to address them is that they keep their weapon holstered until they are threatened. I don't know how you might go about confirming they have that ability - maybe make them sit with a weapon tucked in their waistband for eight or 16 hours without spontaneously drawing and handling it irresponsibly - but if handling is the only thing that distinguishes a responsible gun carrier from an irresponsible one, it sure seems to me we can address that like someone else said, at the sales counter, or amongst each other in a helpful way at the range or whatever. I don't see where handling deficiencies is an issue that a new or expanded law even has the potential to fix.

It used to be that conservatives (not libertarians or anarchists) could be counted on to think that if government is the answer, we were asking the wrong questions. Now so-called conservatives are jumping straight to government to "solve" issues that most of us learned from our dads, big brothers, uncles, and even child safety courses that our parents who were unqualified to teach us those basic skills, sent us to so we would still learn.

I drew my line in the sand a long time ago: NOT ONE MORE INCH! There are more than 20,000 gun laws on the books already. We don't need a single one more. In fact, we need to start repealing them down to near nothing. What I am trying to accomplish by being a conservative is to conserve the Constitution. As that premise applies to the 2nd Amendment, I am trying to convince as many people as possible to work towards conserving the full width and breadth of the original intent of its authors, which is defined in the four unambiguous words, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

If I'm at a gun show or a crowded gun store and an inexperienced shopper sweeps me with the muzzle, I ask them out loud to be aware of where that muzzle is pointing. The three or four times that's actually happened over the last 35 years or so, the shopper apologized profusely, was visibly embarrassed, and paid close attention from then on about being more aware of their actions. When I see someone at the outdoor, unsupervised range that I most often go to acting irresponsibly, I approach them calmly and ask them if they would be willing to take some friendly advice. If so, I tutor them to the extent they're willing to accept it. If not, and they keep displaying bad habits, I pack up and hit the road. I'm not going to start an argument with people who have already demonstrated that they're irresponsible with guns, and I can always go back later.

What I don't do, and will never do, is call a cop or a Park Ranger (the government) to come and solve my problems for me. Taking care of my own problems and trying to work out conflicts with my fellow citizens without involving government, is the only conservative way to handle things as far as I understand the word. So there ya go.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

"I live in Vermont. No permit required to carry a gun openly or concealed. No license to buy one. Just fill out your 4473 and put it in your pants and head out. I like it that way"

Yeah, ain't it great....

8. The NRA offers all kinds of gun safety courses at no charge. There is no excuse for a responsible person who carries to not get proper training. However, to require by law is an infringement of a God-given and constitutionally guaranteed right that specifically was worded in the Bill of Rights, "...shall not be infringed." Take responsibility for your actions, but keep your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Thinning the heard, natural selection both work very well in nature.
    Well said. If you look at any of the conspiracies whether it be global warming or Agenda 21, all center around the problem that earth is overpopulated. We are weaker as a human race because people are living longer, kids aren't being raised properly, and stupid people breed. Not much you can do about it unless you have a Hitler syndrome, but what about getting rid of a few warning labels? Do I really need a warning that the coffee is hot? If it ain't hot I want my money back! don't drink the poison? what about not putting my head in a plastic bag? get rid of the dumb ass lawsuits that plague our society and you can get rid of some of the warning labels. A little Darwin might bring back a little common sense.

10. if I had my way, you couldn't vote, drive or have any benefit of the courts or any part of gov't if you can't demo REAL ability with both pistol and rifle. If you can't/wont develope the MOST BASIC of ability, then why should everyone else accord you jack squat, hmm?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    if I had my way, you couldn't vote, drive or have any benefit of the courts or any part of gov't if you can't demo REAL ability with both pistol and rifle. If you can't/wont develope the MOST BASIC of ability, then why should everyone else accord you jack squat, hmm?
    Do the words, "We hold these truths to be self evident...." mean anything to you, hmm?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast