You had to take a driving test didn't you. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You had to take a driving test didn't you.

Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    if I had my way, you couldn't vote, drive or have any benefit of the courts or any part of gov't if you can't demo REAL ability with both pistol and rifle. If you can't/wont develope the MOST BASIC of ability, then why should everyone else accord you jack squat, hmm?
    It would be nice if all the elitists, big and small and even those who post on the internet, who think they should be able to tell everyone else what to do and what NOT to do ... would realize that they just aren't important enough to be in charge of other people's lives.

What would be great is if everyone took the responsibilities of citizenship seriously including being a responsible gun owner, and standing up for every right, but specifically 1A, 2A, 4A, 10A and 14A. If you aren't outraged then you aren't paying attention, and probably exercising your most important right, voting.

I am outraged at the behavior of the sheep of Boston demonstrated recently, g-damed surrender monkeys, but I suspect they are very representative of most of the inhabitants in the area of the country that was the to forge of freedom, when our forefathers rose up against the British rule that founded this country. The cowards of Boston pissed on the grave of every single American that has died protecting your rights, so you can hand them over without a whimper, cause your pansy ass is frightened.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

if I had my way, you couldn't vote, drive or have any benefit of the courts or any part of gov't if you can't demo REAL ability with both pistol and rifle. If you can't/wont develope the MOST BASIC of ability, then why should everyone else accord you jack squat, hmm?
    Is onlypill back?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Ok then, you first. I will tally the scores and we will see if you pass your own test.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    What would be great is if everyone took the responsibilities of citizenship seriously including being a responsible gun owner, and standing up for every right, but specifically 1A, 2A, 4A, 10A and 14A. If you aren't outraged then you aren't paying attention, and probably exercising your most important right, voting.

I am outraged at the behavior of the sheep of Boston demonstrated recently, g-damed surrender monkeys, but I suspect they are very representative of most of the inhabitants in the area of the country that was the to forge of freedom, when our forefathers rose up against the British rule that founded this country. The cowards of Boston pissed on the grave of every single American that has died protecting your rights, so you can hand them over without a whimper, cause your pansy ass is frightened.

I'm inclined to agree with you on most of the points listed in your post. With great individual liberty comes great responsibility. And that is exactly what is wrong with this country today. We live in a country where far too many of the voters are quite willing to give up their liberty as long as the government provides for their security and gives them enough of other people's money to provide for all of their needs. They not only want government to protect them from others but even from their own stupidity. We are losing our freedom because the government is always willing to provide for enough largesse in order to keep its slaves in line.

The people of this country have been given a great gift that was earned by the tremendous sacrifices of previous generations. We still have a few young people making sacrifices go protect this country from the barbarians who are out to destroy western civilization. We have become a nation of sheep who don't deserve the liberty bought so dearly by our predecessors.

I ran into a little "issue" at a gun store awhile back..... I had already filled out the fed form, and it was called in and approved.... THEN they wanted me to fill out a form of their own, which included many firearm safety questions and you HAD to fill it out and agree that you would adhere to all their "rules" from that form if you wanted to walk out the door with your purchase...

It PIZZED me off to no end... I made it well known that they had just lost me as a customer forever... (I also demanded and recieved a refund) It is none of their darn business in my opinion... I was greatly insulted, it was the same to me as if walmart asked me if I knew how to eat individually wrapped cheese without choking to death on the wrapper and requiring me to fill out a form saying that before I am allowed to purchase it......

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I ran into a little "issue" at a gun store awhile back..... I had already filled out the fed form, and it was called in and approved.... THEN they wanted me to fill out a form of their own, which included many firearm safety questions and you HAD to fill it out and agree that you would adhere to all their "rules" from that form if you wanted to walk out the door with your purchase.
    Sounds to me like they were attempting a little CYA. Does Ohio by any chance have any legislation pending (or reported on) that proposes liability of gun-makers or gun-sellers if you go postal with a gun they made or sold? F$#@-em, good call on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Does Ohio by any chance have any legislation pending (or reported on) that proposes liability of gun-makers or gun-sellers if you go postal with a gun they made or sold?
    not as far as I know........

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I ran into a little "issue" at a gun store awhile back..... I had already filled out the fed form, and it was called in and approved.... THEN they wanted me to fill out a form of their own, which included many firearm safety questions and you HAD to fill it out and agree that you would adhere to all their "rules" from that form if you wanted to walk out the door with your purchase...

It PIZZED me off to no end... I made it well known that they had just lost me as a customer forever... (I also demanded and recieved a refund) It is none of their darn business in my opinion... I was greatly insulted, it was the same to me as if walmart asked me if I knew how to eat individually wrapped cheese without choking to death on the wrapper and requiring me to fill out a form saying that before I am allowed to purchase it......
    Way to stand up to them! We're all going to have to stand up, even the gun dealers.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by MadMAF View Post
    I'd be happy if all gun stores posted the 4 basic rules and reminded everyone of them when showing their wares. Lead by example and instruct not only in the features of the gun, but in safe operation as well. We can't count on the liberal school system to have Eddie Eagle classes, but we can inform people at point of contact / point of sale. Doesn't have to be a law or anything, just good business.
    Facebook yesterday--I know, who gives a fark.
    I criticized the way an [alleged] Israeli Security Forces person was handling her rifle in a photo. She was on a plane, the rifle was in her lap pointed at passengers across the aisle and she was on the phone paying no attention to the weapon. I expressed fault for having the muzzle pointed at passengers and for not paying attention to the weapon. I was lambasted, called a "safety nazi" and an anti-gunner, told I needed to shoot "real" guns before I criticized, and then banned from the group.

Other than that, most of the comments were about how cute she was and etc. in that vein.

I suppose I should know better than to have found this attitude disappointing. Thing is, all my training and all my experience is with people who take gun safety very seriously, without compromise or excuse seriously. That being what I am used to I found the attitude of the FB group members disconcerting.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast