Obama 'welcomes a discussion of the trade-offs between security and civil liberties.'
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Obama 'welcomes a discussion of the trade-offs between security and civil liberties.'

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Elma NY
    Posts
    1,638

    Obama 'welcomes a discussion of the trade-offs between security and civil liberties.'

    White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters on Thursday that Obama 'welcomes a discussion of the trade-offs between security and civil liberties.'
    Sorry but that deserves a huge "WTF"

    It is like Obama saying in Seirra Madre,
    Constitution? Constitution? We no need to stinking Constitution! We got POWER! We got a mandate! We got more votes than the 70% white population because they stayed home! NOW DEAL WITH IT! You will feel safer and I will be chiseled in to Mount Rushmore someday.

    Obama 'welcomes a discussion of the trade-offs between security and civil liberties.'
    Horrible timing: National Security Agency lists 'Digital Network Exploitation Analyst' internship opening as controversy swirls over digital snooping scandal | Mail Online

    They are hiring.... Look at the photo of the parking lot. I used to see cars like that at the Chrysler Plant in the 60's but they were producing something.

    These people IMHO are not allowed to use the word Islamic Terrorists and their leaders equate returning vets and people that attend church as potential terrorists. They aren't protecting you and me, in their world, they are justified because they are protecting the administration, and there in lies the danger.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Our security lies in our civil liberties. THAT, is what a republic and government by the people offer to us.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Creswell, Oregon
    Posts
    3,865
    Obama doesn't want any discussion. He already knows what he wants. He has surrounded himself with people that also know what he wants. They will set out doing his bidding. Nothing needs to be said between them. That's his plausible deniability. He will continue to get away with no connection to continuing scandals.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

  5. Discussion? There is no discussion with a criminal administration.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Our security lies in our civil liberties. THAT, is what a republic and government by the people offer to us.
    RIGHT ON! (characters)
    Jim Page

    Cogito, ergo armatum sum

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,801
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Our security lies in our civil liberties. THAT, is what a republic and government by the people offer to us.
    You're correct. And that is the way it used to be.
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    It still baffles my mind in that how a civilization, the American people, has prospered and advanced more then any other civilization since the dawn of man in such a short period of time. HOW socialist/communist have infiltrated our system to revert us back to ways that have proven fatal over the centuries. (you name the countries or civilizations)
    I truly believe Divine intervention brought those first settlers to the Americas. God given rights to free men that believe in God given rights. Most, if not all in the mass exodus, fled Europe due to religious persecution and oppressive taxation. Oppressive control by what ever government that county had.
    YET, we are back to square one on oppression by a government that is not acting within Constitutional bounds. I guess my question is HOW did free men, that believe in God of the Bible, ever allow this to happen? This is not a political question this is a way of life question. NSA be dammed.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    You're correct. And that is the way it used to be.
    Yes sir, it was. And those of us who still believe those were better days are now considered dangerous by progressives.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    It still baffles my mind in that how a civilization, the American people, has prospered and advanced more then any other civilization since the dawn of man in such a short period of time. HOW socialist/communist have infiltrated our system to revert us back to ways that have proven fatal over the centuries. (you name the countries or civilizations)
    I truly believe Divine intervention brought those first settlers to the Americas. God given rights to free men that believe in God given rights. Most, if not all in the mass exodus, fled Europe due to religious persecution and oppressive taxation. Oppressive control by what ever government that county had.
    YET, we are back to square one on oppression by a government that is not acting within Constitutional bounds. I guess my question is HOW did free men, that believe in God of the Bible, ever allow this to happen? This is not a political question this is a way of life question. NSA be dammed.
    Government now = progressive liberals = minorities and the poor = larger urban populations = more illegals = lighter jail sentences for criminals = higher taxes for those who work = demonizing hard work, success and prosperity = entitlement nation = eventual downfall of an economic power.
    .
    The ankle-bone is definitely connected to the shin-bone.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    20
    Other than the return of the Christ, SECESSION is the only hope for what once passed as the us.
    MAKE FLORIDA A FREE AND INDEPENDENT REPUBLIC!!
    SECESSION NOW!!
    tonyj

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast