Six months after Sandy Hook and nothing has happened? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Six months after Sandy Hook and nothing has happened?

ezkl2230 Guest
    My concern is that they will take the mental illness thing too far and say, if you LIVE with someone who has a mental illness, we'll have to confiscate your firearms. We can't afford to have them get their hands on your legally owned firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Nothing has happened? Several States have introduced strict gun laws wherever the Liberal side has the votes for it. The Feds have not because they didn't have the numbers.

"I wish they would make guns extinct!" said a mother in NYC whose kid was shot in the leg by some gangbanger. What are you supposed to answer to something so fundamentally stupid?
    Instead of making guns extinct, how about we prosecute the gangbanger! Yes I know its such a novel idea, that I'm sure she hasn't thought of. Even if by some act of magic we could make guns extinct (yeah right!) the gangbanger would be using knives or clubs or chair legs. When are the libs going to learn? It's the person not the object!
    Like Archie Bunker said to his daughter when she was complaining about gun violence," Would you feel better little girl if they were pushed out the window?"
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Instead of making guns extinct, how about we prosecute the gangbanger! Yes I know its such a novel idea, that I'm sure she hasn't thought of. Even if by some act of magic we could make guns extinct (yeah right!) the gangbanger would be using knives or clubs or chair legs. When are the libs going to learn? It's the person not the object!
    Like Archie Bunker said to his daughter when she was complaining about gun violence," Would you feel better little girl if they were pushed out the window?"
    Now you are using too much rational thought!
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Nothing has happened? Several States have introduced strict gun laws wherever the Liberal side has the votes for it. The Feds have not because they didn't have the numbers.

"I wish they would make guns extinct!" said a mother in NYC whose kid was shot in the leg by some gangbanger. What are you supposed to answer to something so fundamentally stupid?
    Exactly. Just look at Andrew Cuomo's response in NYS. As for the mother in NYC???? Perhaps we should outlaw reproductive organs. Then you won't have any more bastard, street thug, gang-banging, welfare receiving, probation reporting, liberal supporting excuses for a human being that you can't support.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Don't forget what Rep. Shirley Jackson said: “Don’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked — that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws.” So gangbangers are victims of those who purchase guns for them illegally or who traffic in stolen firearms. Yeah, right.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    My concern is that they will take the mental illness thing too far and say, if you LIVE with someone who has a mental illness, we'll have to confiscate your firearms. We can't afford to have them get their hands on your legally owned firearms.
    I believe this already happened somewhere about a month ago. Police raided the house and took the owners guns away because of someone else living there that had severe mental health issues. Sorry I can't remember more than that or where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    I believe this already happened somewhere about a month ago. Police raided the house and took the owners guns away because of someone else living there that had severe mental health issues. Sorry I can't remember more than that or where it was.
    NYS added a provision in the SAFE Act that says if you live with a person who is designated unsuitable for gun ownership you must lock the gun when you're not at home. It can be unlocked when you are home.
    I raised a niece and later her little boy; she was on probation for a DUI and repeated drug offenses. Numerous failed rehab attempts. We took her and her son in to help get her life straightened out. Her probation officer initially said she can't live there until you remove your guns. That was not happening I invited to PO to my home to see the layout and safety. She was satisfied that no one could access my firearms and allowed her to live here.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    NYS added a provision in the SAFE Act that says if you live with a person who is designated unsuitable for gun ownership you must lock the gun when you're not at home. It can be unlocked when you are home.
    I raised a niece and later her little boy; she was on probation for a DUI and repeated drug offenses. Numerous failed rehab attempts. We took her and her son in to help get her life straightened out. Her probation officer initially said she can't live there until you remove your guns. That was not happening I invited to PO to my home to see the layout and safety. She was satisfied that no one could access my firearms and allowed her to live here.
    That worked out good for you, but do you think they're always going to take it on a case by case basis? I'm going out on a limb and saying you were probably the exception. Most would likely not pass the inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    That worked out good for you, but do you think they're always going to take it on a case by case basis? I'm going out on a limb and saying you were probably the exception. Most would likely not pass the inspection.
    Which section of the Constitution was that they used to gain access to the home for a gun inspection? I think the fourth Amendment had something to say about that, at least it used to. When the cops can require an unrestricted search, what have you won?

Quote Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
    Which section of the Constitution was that they used to gain access to the home for a gun inspection? I think the fourth Amendment had something to say about that, at least it used to. When the cops can require an unrestricted search, what have you won?
    I doubt that they used ANY section of the Constitution to gain access. But if they're not questioned or refused entry, you really can't complain. Things like that work because people are often taken by surprise and by the time they realize it's wrong, it's too late.
    Now in BC1's case, he invited the inspection to prove his guns were secure.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast