Six months after Sandy Hook and nothing has happened? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Six months after Sandy Hook and nothing has happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    That worked out good for you, but do you think they're always going to take it on a case by case basis? I'm going out on a limb and saying you were probably the exception. Most would likely not pass the inspection.
    I think most good people would pass the home check. They just want to ensure you're keeping the gun away from the parolee. If you're unwilling to secure the gun when not at home then the parolee has to move elsewhere.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
    Which section of the Constitution was that they used to gain access to the home for a gun inspection? I think the fourth Amendment had something to say about that, at least it used to. When the cops can require an unrestricted search, what have you won?
    Coach, I think I should clarify. There was no fourth amendment issue and never is in NY regarding this provision. I offered the review so my niece could live there... so I could get her through college and off to a new start. Everyone else had given-up on her. A condition of her parole was that she could not live anywhere there were unsecured weapons. It wasn't a search, I invited them. Her PO came and I showed her the safe. Didn't open it, just showed her there was a safe. I wasn't required to allow anyone in the house but then they might have asked my niece to live elsewhere.
    She tried to continue drug use at my home anyway, and I won't allow that. I booted her after a year. In the end she ended-up back in jail and lost her son in family court. She's a very sad case. Of all the kids, my niece was the only one who went a bad way. But with her multiple prior suicide attempts it was prudent to lock everything up tightly.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    My concern is that they will take the mental illness thing too far and say, if you LIVE with someone who has a mental illness, we'll have to confiscate your firearms. We can't afford to have them get their hands on your legally owned firearms.
    That is actually already happening in CA. And in NY they are confiscating guns from people on anti-depressants and anxiety medication.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Maybe I am alone but I find the behavior of many of these Sandy Hook parents to be disgusting if not obscene. Once again in the last week, they found their way to DC and had their meeting with the **** in the whitehouse. Nothing like using your dead children as a pawn and your entry in this debate and nothing like being used by politicians and the worst one of them all (the skinny-necked geek in the whitehouse) for their and his own agenda, which has nothing to do with Sandy Hook and everything to do with tyranny and disarming US citizens. Cannot wait for the 1st year anniversary--wanna bet that prez and idiot veep and maybe even a feinshit or a bloomcrap might show up for that "festivity".

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Don't forget what Rep. Shirley Jackson said: “Don’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked — that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws.” So gangbangers are victims of those who purchase guns for them illegally or who traffic in stolen firearms. Yeah, right.
    Please do not quote morons, next thing you know some moron will pick up on it and quote it again. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    That is actually already happening in CA. And in NY they are confiscating guns from people on anti-depressants and anxiety medication.
    Would love to see the background check and mental health check on Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Boxer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Would love to see the background check and mental health check on Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Boxer etc.
    Every times my step daughter gets to a new post I get background checked because I am German. But we don't know if the Prez is actually an American or not and we don't follow up on direct intelligence sent to us by foreign intelligence services. Go figure.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    JG, one shouldn't perpetuate that myth as this is NOT happening. Two people out of nearly 1 million permit holders, both in the same county. Both with the same lawyer. Both based on notice from a health professional. How many people out of that 1 million are taking meds? probably hundreds of thousands, including LEO, judges and DA's. No one else is reporting problems anywhere in the state and no one else is having permit problems. We've looked very hard at this statewide.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    JG, one shouldn't perpetuate that myth as this is NOT happening. Two people out of nearly 1 million permit holders, both in the same county. Both with the same lawyer. Both based on notice from a health professional. How many people out of that 1 million are taking meds? probably hundreds of thousands, including LEO, judges and DA's. No one else is reporting problems anywhere in the state and no one else is having permit problems. We've looked very hard at this statewide.
    If that's a fact than I am happy to stand corrected! ;-)
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I believe that without swift legal action and publicity on the first couple of cases, Emperor Coumo's minions would have tried the same tactics on a much broader basis. I still believe the NY SAFE Act is a test case for the Liar In Chief's ultimate plan to disarm the populous. We need to stand up to the attempts at limiting our rights and freedoms, be vigilant and react quickly to respond and publicize the questionable actions of the state.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast