Ohio Bill Changes Reciprocity, CCW Training & More

Thread: Ohio Bill Changes Reciprocity, CCW Training & More

1. Ohio Bill Changes Reciprocity, CCW Training & More

A new bill introduced June 11 in the Ohio house amends 13 existing gun laws included automatic reciprocity with any state that honors an Ohio CCW.

The bill appears to be 100% positive and could effect gun owners from many many states.

Proposed Ohio Gun Law HB203 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

Looks like a move in the right direction. If definitely would be better for me as I could get an Ohio one to go along with my Florida one finally.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

From reading this I believe the this will only allow law abiding citizens a more friendly gun state. We in Ohio have seen the change for the better and appreciate all the moves made by the legislature.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    From reading this I believe the this will only allow law abiding citizens a more friendly gun state. We in Ohio have seen the change for the better and appreciate all the moves made by the legislature.
    Don't forget to thank them.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    As soon as it is signed, I will thank them all.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    I am and will always be in contact with my legislators. They hear from me both for the good and the bad that they do. Having been in a position of management in control of staff responsible for customer service, I found out a long time ago that praise goes a long way toward development of a well trained employee.
    ~
    But as S&W645 pointed out it is a little premature at this time to pat anyone on the back since it is just proposed legislation. They are already aware of my support of the legislation and how I feel in general about gun control.

8. Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Having moved out of Ohio in 1977 I was amazed when my sister explained some of the Ohio laws in the last couple of years. To me it sounded like Cleveland running the state (do they still call it the 'mistake on the lake')
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Having moved out of Ohio in 1977 I was amazed when my sister explained some of the Ohio laws in the last couple of years. To me it sounded like Cleveland running the state (do they still call it the 'mistake on the lake')
    I have heard that before and haven't heard of Cleveland referred in that way since the 70's. As far as Ohio Law it really is not different that every else some good, some really good, and some real bad. Our gun and carry laws have greatly improved and this allows me to be a happy camper.