Santa Fe NM City Council Considers Magazine Capacity Limit - Preemption Violation?

Thread: Santa Fe NM City Council Considers Magazine Capacity Limit - Preemption Violation?

1. Santa Fe NM City Council Considers Magazine Capacity Limit - Preemption Violation?

The Santa Fe City Council is currently considering an ordinance that would ban the future possession, sale or transfer of any ammunition feeding device that accepts, or can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds.
    Santa Fe City Council considers magazine ban in "City Different" - Albuquerque Firearms | Examiner.com

Now according to Wiki New Mexico has preemption: Gun laws in New Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The question would be is how the heck the city thinks they are going to get around this, or are they going to try and say preemption only covers firearms and not magazines.
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Santa Fe City Council considers magazine ban in "City Different" - Albuquerque Firearms | Examiner.com

Now according to Wiki New Mexico has preemption: Gun laws in New Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The question would be is how the heck the city thinks they are going to get around this, or are they going to try and say preemption only covers firearms and not magazines.
    In Oak Harbor, WA, just the threat of a Second Amendment Foundation lawsuit was enough to make the City Council back down from a ban on weapons in parks and their own meetings. The threat of the suit was particularly scary for the City because WA State also has a preemption law, and it was clear as day that Oak Harbor was in violation of it. Our own NavyLCDR was involved in the fight to get the City back on the right track, so he could comment better than I on how to go about putting forth a successful fight, but this short news clip gives a good synopsis of how it went:

http://youtu.be/4QgGVewubps

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...