Health Care Organizations Lobbying To Oppose WI Bill - Doctors Asking About Guns

Thread: Health Care Organizations Lobbying To Oppose WI Bill - Doctors Asking About Guns

1. Health Care Organizations Lobbying To Oppose WI Bill - Doctors Asking About Guns

Health care organizations are urging Wisconsin lawmakers to reject proposed legislation that would bar doctors from asking patients if they own guns.

The measure, unveiled last week by Rep. Michael Schraa, R-Oshkosh, "is detrimental to medical providers' ability to educate patients and in so doing prevent injury and death," the organizations said in a memo Monday to legislators.

Time to back up your legislators and tell the medical corporations to get out of our lives! We don't have a bill number yet but as soon as we do we will let you know.

Health groups oppose bill to ban doctors from asking patients about guns : Wsj
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

I don't have a problem with doctors asking if I own guns. They can ASK all they want to, doesn't mean I'm going to tell them.
    But I'm sure with only a limited amount of digging, they could find out for themselves. How long before our background checks are made part of our medical files?

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    I don't have a problem with doctors asking if I own guns. They can ASK all they want to, doesn't mean I'm going to tell them.
    But I'm sure with only a limited amount of digging, they could find out for themselves. How long before our background checks are made part of our medical files?
    Exactly. They can ask but my answer would be "That subject is not open for discussion". If they stated that they could not be my health care provider unless I answered the question my reply would be "Thankfully you are not the only doctor in town. Good day".

Welcome to marxist America.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

The Obama administration has stated they intend to 'deputize' physicians as being agents of ObamaCare when asking about guns in the home. To do this, the physician is now required to read you your Miranda rights prior to a medical exam, and you have the right to request an attorney be present. As the wording of the Miranda warning states, 'anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law', and 'you have the right to an attorney'. Medical care should not have come to this, and the ******** on the Supreme Court should be recalled/impeached for this lapse in judicial care of our Constitution.