Shutting down the First Amendment

Thread: Shutting down the First Amendment

Shutting down the First Amendment

As early as 1722, Benjamin Franklin wrote, "Without Freedom of Thought there can be no such Thing as Wisdom; and no such Thing as Public Liberty, without Freedom of Speech." In the midst of the Revolutionary war, General George Washington addressed his troops on March 15, 1783, "If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." The freedom of speech linked closely with freedom to worship God became the first of the rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights amended to the Constitution by the Founders of this nation. The Founders knew that if government suppressed freedoms of religion and speech that liberty would be no longer. Look at today's government.

AFP reports that government spying on the news media, in particular Associated Press, has begun to shut down the free press. In a speech to the National Press Club, AP president Gary Pruitt said, "Some longtime trusted sources have become nervous and anxious about talking with us...In some cases, government employees we once checked in with regularly will no longer speak to us by phone. Others are reluctant to meet in person...Journalists from other news organizations have personally told me that it has intimidated both official and nonofficial sources from speaking to them as well." How cunning a government that spies on the free press to strategically dry up the wellspring of free speech that holds it accountable.

Its not only the sources of information to the news media this White House is discouraging. You and I are no longer free to say what we think over the phone or in emails. The government is spying on us. It has admitted it. Oh, yes, there is justification. With Islamic terrorism, we must give up some of our rights to live safely. Unfortunately, Benjamin Franklin already thought this through in 1775 when he said, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." This is exactly what the Patriot Act does. Now the government, under this occupant of the Oval Office, has used this Act as justification to spy on you as if you are an enemy of the state. This has become systematic.

Thomas Jefferson is quoted as saying, "Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period, and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematical plan of reducing us to slavery." Perhaps that distinguished period began in ernest on September 11, 2001. We are being reduced to slavery. And a clear indication of it is found in Gary Pruitt's remarks. May we become once again an Ephesians 6:19,20 people,"And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly as I ought to speak." In this statement is the essence of true freedom.

Bill Wilson -
    ~ AMERICA'S EPITAPH ~
    "Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, God Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done"

Shutting down the First Amendment-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21371801651.699076.jpg

Sent from behind enemy lines.

There were thee revolutions in major countries during the last 250 years. Yes, I know there were other less sweeping and less significant rebellions. Two of them, French and Russian, involved the denial of God and amoral men who believed in secular humanism. These two went very wrong and ended in mass slaughter and dictatorships. The other, the American Revolution, was led and fought by religious men of high moral character. It established the the greatest nation the world had ever seen.

The problem today is that this country has lost the high moral ground and its foundations based in a strong belief in God. We are getting very near to the collapse of this country that was blessed by God in so many ways. Secular humanism has replaced God. As Glenn Beck said, "If God is just I tremble for my country."

We live in a world and at a time that could only have been envisioned by true prophets of God.

Sales of George Orwell's book, Nineteen Eighty-Four, are up 6,000% because of his eerie foreshadowing of events that are unfolding in America today. In fact, his warnings about what might happen to citizens under the thumb of big government have given rise to the common use of the word "Orwellian." It describes a society rife with secret, universal surveillance, elaborate deceptions by government officials, and manipulation of the record of the past by an authoritarian state to support its current narrative. But Orwell's book was published only 35 years before 1984 and recent totalitarian governments had provided a blueprint upon which Orwell could confidently make his fictional predictions. The ancient prophets, however, lived and wrote thousands of years before the times they described with unnerving accuracy. They wrote about events and conditions that were totally impossible for them to even imagine or conjure. That's why I say that they were true prophets of God, because only God could have inspired them to write with such pinpoint precision. There are three current developments that the prophets and Apostles described with unbelievable accuracy. They're made all the more remarkable because those men could not possibly have even conceived of how these events could occur.

They are: the rapidly worsening crisis in Syria that threatens to involve the world; the public ridicule of the Rapture depicted in two movie comedies released this month; and the recent revelations of how much data capacity the National Security Agency (NSA) is amassing. First, America is being sucked into what could only be described as a "holy war" in Syria. It is one that we do not want to join and one that will never be won -- by anyone. Second, the Apostle Peter warned that "in the last days, scoffers will come...." The movies "Rapture Palooza" and "This is the End" are but the latest examples of how that prediction is coming to life in modern America. Then, the NSA is building data centers that will soon be able to record and store (literally, not figuratively) "everything" about everyone on earth (not just the USA) and keep it "forever." These are not my words, but the words of the CIA's Chief Technology Officer. Now, the question we must ask is, "Why does the NSA need so much data storage capacity?" I believe there's a simple answer. In the misguided (but prophesied) search for "peace and safety," we are trading our freedoms -- maybe even our souls -- for the false promise of security. Without doubt, and also without explanation, the NSA and other agencies in other nations are being compelled to build facilities they don't need for reasons they don't understand. But waiting in the wings stands one who is about to be unveiled and who will know exactly what to do with them.

When the Antichrist and his cohort, the False Prophet, finally step onto the world's stage, they will find a vast technological infrastructure already built and waiting for them to use to fulfill the prophecies of the Apostle John in the 13th chapter of the Book of Revelation. I plan on not being here. Accept the free gift of pardon that Jesus Christ bought for you with his brutal death on Calvary, and you will escape those horrible days, too.
    ~ AMERICA'S EPITAPH ~
    "Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, God Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done"

Ringo........

You scare the HELL outta me sometimes!!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

7. Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    There were thee revolutions in major countries during the last 250 years. Yes, I know there were other less sweeping and less significant rebellions. Two of them, French and Russian, involved the denial of God and amoral men who believed in secular humanism. These two went very wrong and ended in mass slaughter and dictatorships. The other, the American Revolution, was led and fought by religious men of high moral character. It established the the greatest nation the world had ever seen.

The problem today is that this country has lost the high moral ground and its foundations based in a strong belief in God. We are getting very near to the collapse of this country that was blessed by God in so many ways. Secular humanism has replaced God. As Glenn Beck said, "If God is just I tremble for my country."

I agree, theirs a book that I'm reading now and the name of the book is 'The Naked Communist' is a good book. I have just start reading it but it's in line on what you have mention. God Is Good and still in control even in all of this.