IRS Sent $46 Million in Tax Refunds to 23,994 ‘Unauthorized’ Aliens - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IRS Sent $46 Million in Tax Refunds to 23,994 ‘Unauthorized’ Aliens

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I don't dispute that large metro areas will have a large amount of refunds. But 23 thousand refunds to one address and this doesn't raise an eye brow. Get real. Only an idiot wouldn't see an issue here.
    That is why no one in the US government sees this as an issue.....
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Here is some data on Snopes.com. It's even worse that we thought. There were nearly 54 thousand refunds to a total of 10 addresses and the amount came to over $86 million. These idiots should be thrown in prison.

snopes.com: Thousands of Tax Refunds Sent to the Same Addresses

There is a basic problem with ANY government employee that is a member of a union. How many times have we heard just recently that people were not doing their jobs properly, but would not be fired.
    -
    I'm not a supporter of the unions. I do beleive they had a place, when corrupt businesses forced 10yr olds to work 18 hour days for low wages, when on the job injuries were just too damn bad so you got fired etc. The problem with many Unions, government agencies and some charities for that matter, is that they are employers and no one wants to lose a job.
    -
    The EPA had a place, when you couldn't see through the smog in big cities and industry was dumping toxic waste into the water supply. That has been fixed - thank you, you're done now, go find a real job. But instead they create a new agenda. The real kicker is they have created and unsubstantiated agenda where progress can't be tracked or measured - GLOBAL WARMING. I could rant on this, but the point is that they will never go away unless we make them
    -
    I mentioned charities, not because I don't believe in charity, but because they have the same self-perpetuating infrastructure. An easy example is the March of Dimes. Created during FDR's term, they were looking for a way to defeat polio in kids. Guess what, they won! so they just found a new cause. Are they doing good work today, sure, but my point goes back to the fact that no one wants to lose a job, especially one with gub'ment funded kickbacks like the IRS bonuses that they just got.
    -
    "No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we’ll ever see on this earth!"
    Ronald Reagan

I agree, government will find a way to keep all it's programs running. The difference between a charity and government is that the charity relies on donations not tax dollars. It's up to you to donate or not. Government on the other hand uses tax dollars. They will change the rules if necessary to keep them alive. Just take one government program, Welfare, we've spent over a trillion dollars on this one program alone and still every election cycle poverty is a big issue.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I agree, government will find a way to keep all it's programs running. The difference between a charity and government is that the charity relies on donations not tax dollars.
    Not completely true. Why do you think all the top-dollar athletes get involved in or start charities? Tax write-offs. While most charities receive no direct money from the government (though I beleive some do), they survive by providing an avenue for tax-deductible donations. Most of the donors could probably care less which charity they give to, as long as it is a good tax shelter for them.
    -
    As far as politics goes, why do you think that there has been such a big deal about the IRS preventing applications for 501(c)(4) tax exempt applications by conservative groups? The lack of that designation will directly effect how much money they will receive in donations. If I could give to group A or group B that both support a cause I believe in, but one gives me a tax write-off as a charitable donation and one does not, who gets the money?
    -
    It is all crony capitalism, even for charities. People used to donate to charities with no expectation of anything in return. If you were going to donate $10,000(of hard earned money that you will miss), and had the option of giving it to a needy disabled veteran and his family (not affiliated with a charitable organization) or giving it to a charity that supports disabled veterans, which would provide more benefit to an actual DV? The lone veteran has no administration fees, public relations campaign etc., but you would receive no benefit (tax deduction) from your donation other than a good feeling that you have helped someone. Honestly which would you do?

You still have the option with a private charity to donate or not, tax exempt or not. With government charities you have no choice. Which is the point I was making. People will take what ever legal avenue is available to keep as much of their money as they can. The government only has the money they take from all of us.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Here is some data on Snopes.com. It's even worse that we thought. There were nearly 54 thousand refunds to a total of 10 addresses and the amount came to over $86 million. These idiots should be thrown in prison.

snopes.com: Thousands of Tax Refunds Sent to the Same Addresses
    No one lives at these addresses, they are usually just mail drops and money is transferred electronically and moved the same day it appears.
    ~
    So who you going to arrest, are they even citizens of the US, are they even living in the US, more than likely they are ghost names attached to anything traceable.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Does these numbers even account for the SSN that are hacked and hijacked by criminals before the lawful holder can file and receive their refund. How many tens of thousands/hundred of thousands does this scam involve that goes undetected until too late and then the IRS has to pay out double to so the rightful SSN holder gets their money.
    ~
    These are also multiple replies to the same address yet the IRS can't input a line of code that would trap multiple entries of the same address to stop this criminal enterprise. Now that action would deserve a bonus.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Does these numbers even account for the SSN that are hacked and hijacked by criminals before the lawful holder can file and receive their refund. How many tens of thousands/hundred of thousands does this scam involve that goes undetected until too late and then the IRS has to pay out double to so the rightful SSN holder gets their money.
    ~
    These are also multiple replies to the same address yet the IRS can't input a line of code that would trap multiple entries of the same address to stop this criminal enterprise. Now that action would deserve a bonus.
    Instead of singling out loyal Constitutionalist organizations, the IRS should have been looking for real fraud. And digging deeper into those returns might also turn up some of their own.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

IRS Sent $46 Million in Tax Refunds to 23,994 ‘Unauthorized’ Aliens

I thought finding $20 in the pocket of an old pair of jeans was awesome....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast