catholic education divides us...WTF - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: catholic education divides us...WTF

1. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    C'mon now maine. We will be the first to admit what was done was wrong and we are thoroughly ashamed of the priests who committed such acts and the ones who covered them up. That judgment is on the men, not the religion itself. You are a little too inclusive there. If you want to condemn the denomination for the acts of some of it's ministers, you will be condemning them all. All religions have had ministers err and commit the most egregious sins. Those sins were not committed by God nor in the name of religion. They were due to the inherent weaknesses of men, not the religion. Quite a difference.
    Ahh but see you still support he church and many of you still donate to them. Even though the offenders have NOT been handed over to law enforcement and the church has still no fully disclosed the hiding of offenders they knew where guilty. The judgment is on ALL who helped hide them all those who helped them avoid prosecution and all those who are still paying out money instead of bringing these people to justice.

My main point was to show the church does in fact think they are above the people as they feel they are above the law of the land. This is FACT. This has been shown in many crimes including the molestation mentioned and even rape and murder. I know people of faith hate facts but all one has to do is look. If you truly believe in god and you're preacher or fellow church member breaks the law you call the police and bring them to justice. I find it hard to believe that if the god you so believe in exists then so many who have been placed so high on pedestals by man will be struck down big time. But hey this is just MHO..

Quote Originally Posted by maine04619 View Post
    Ahh but see you still support he church and many of you still donate to them. Even though the offenders have NOT been handed over to law enforcement and the church has still no fully disclosed the hiding of offenders they knew where guilty. The judgment is on ALL who helped hide them all those who helped them avoid prosecution and all those who are still paying out money instead of bringing these people to justice.

My main point was to show the church does in fact think they are above the people as they feel they are above the law of the land. This is FACT. This has been shown in many crimes including the molestation mentioned and even rape and murder. I know people of faith hate facts but all one has to do is look. If you truly believe in god and you're preacher or fellow church member breaks the law you call the police and bring them to justice. I find it hard to believe that if the god you so believe in exists then so many who have been placed so high on pedestals by man will be struck down big time. But hey this is just MHO..
    maine: I do truly believe in God and believe He is as disappointed in the pedophiles as we are. Those doing the offending will have to answer to Him in the next life as well as the authorities in this life. We (collectively) believe the offenders should be punished and, if we knew of anyone so inclined, we (again, collectively) would have made the necessary charges against them. One can not simply look at a person and determine if he is a pedophile. And, if you do not know them to be so, you can't report them to the authorities.

Yes, we still support our religion and church. The church does a lot all over the world. Should all that they support be forced to do without aid and comfort over the sins of a few? As I mentioned before, ALL churches have experienced similar incidents so, does that mean we should stop supporting all churches? I think not. To present this argument as a gun control argument, if someone shoots another, should we stop selling guns to others because of the actions of one (or several) person? Nope. Didn't think so. Looks a little different in that light doesn't it?

I believe all our faiths should hunt Islam and treat them just like they want our religion treated. Goes for Mohammad also.

Quote Originally Posted by maine04619 View Post
    A group that preaches those who follow us are better then the rest of the people in the world to the point that when we die we go to heaven and all others go to a hot furnace for eternity. How could anyone think that was dividing people!!
    Clearly you have no concept of religious faith otherwise you wouldn't be such a godaphobe or what ever. Here is a thought for you to ponder...if there really is no God and the Bible is fantasy and if you are right with those notions...guess what...I have nothing to worry about. You could consider moving to California now that SCOTUS has said all you religious fanatics out in California can take your sense of democracy, that is your idea that your vote actuially counted and shove it in the same place 2 married homosexual men put their peepees. You are truly a hater sir...to use your own thought processes against you. I don't care if you believe in God or not...you can go to hell as far as I am concerned. Just don't spew your God hating venom around Christians because I think we are tired of turning the other cheek.

6. Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    Clearly you have no concept of religious faith otherwise you wouldn't be such a godaphobe or what ever. Here is a thought for you to ponder...if there really is no God and the Bible is fantasy and if you are right with those notions...guess what...I have nothing to worry about. You could consider moving to California now that SCOTUS has said all you religious fanatics out in California can take your sense of democracy, that is your idea that your vote actuially counted and shove it in the same place 2 married homosexual men put their peepees. You are truly a hater sir...to use your own thought processes against you. I don't care if you believe in God or not...you can go to hell as far as I am concerned. Just don't spew your God hating venom around Christians because I think we are tired of turning the other cheek.
    I fully understand the concept. People need a way to explain death and to strive for the belief there is more to come after death. Thus every society has had a god or gods they prayed to in hopes of "existing forever" not a hard concept to grasp.

I do not HATE anyone. I have no need to I have disdain for those who do bad things.

The fact that the church has spent millions in Africa to get homosexuality made illegal to the point where death is allowed for guilty of it. As per you're post you seem to harbor allot of hate for homosexuals as well.

Last and I hope you truly think hard about this one. How many wars and people have been killed in the name of non believers? Then compare that number with those killed for no other reason then for NOT worshiping the same "god" as the group in power. How many non believers have passed laws and support the same based on what two consenting adults do in their private lives? Please let me know what non believers come knock on you're door and tell you if you do not believe what we do you will burn in hell for eternity? How many non believers form into a group then get a big building built with money they tell the people who believe they have to give cause "god" said so then refuses to pay taxes to support the community they are in?

Please tell me more about how I hate anyone? Tell me more about how those of us who choose a logical path in life are the bad hypercritical ones.

So are you implying that it's God's fault that emotionally charge humans use him as an excuse to rationalize and/or justify their agenda. As for same sex unions, I could care less what people do behind closed doors. I have a problem when I told I or anyone else must accept their behavior. I'm not aware of any law that requires two people to be married before they can share a home and/or raise a family.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

It appears the House Minority Leader feels the same way:

Last week, Father Frank Pavone, the National Director for Priests for Life, sent Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D., San Francisco) an open letter reminding her that she cannot use her Catholicism as a justification for her pro-abortion stance. The Catholic Church, after all, is one of the last institutional bastions of absolute pro-Life beliefs. Fr. Pavone explained how Pelosiís repeatedly stated abortion views are antithetical to Catholic doctrine and invited her either to stop using her Catholicism to advance an abortion agenda or to renounce her Catholicism once and for all.

Nancy Pelosiís response was to sneer at and personally attack Fr. Pavone. In an interview with the far Left Think Progress, Pelosi called Fr. Pavone hysterical and went on to say that her understanding of Catholicism is that Catholic doctrine is whatever she wants it to be, with no regard for the Churchís actual teachings:

"My faith is very deep and has been my whole life. I love my faith and my faith has nothing to do with whoever he is. The arrogance of it all! Itís like something ancient, medievalÖThe Church taught me as I was growing up that every person has a free will and has the responsibility to live up to a moral standard. And I respect womenís judgment and values to do that.

Whether this priest thinks his judgment should be another womanís judgment is absolutely ridiculous to me. But nonetheless itís what they say. I grant the Church where they are on abortion. Thatís where they are, thatís where they have to be. But my faith isnít about what their position is. My faith is about, Christ is my savior, the church is his church, and has nothing to do with Priests for LifeÖI wouldnít even dignify whatever it is they said. It was a highly emotional statement that they made. If it were more intellectual I might have paid attention to it. He was acting hysterically. (Emphasis added.)"

Liberal Loon Pelosi Ridicules Priest Who Sent Her Letter Asking Not To Support Abortion // Mr. Conservative
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Everytime Obama opens his lying azzed pie hole, makes me hate him that much more. What a steaming POS.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Maine...You obviously do not know much about Catholicism. Your statement is ridiculous.
    ďAny society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.Ē -Benjamin Franklin

11. Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    As for same sex unions, I could care less what people do behind closed doors. I have a problem when I told I or anyone else must accept their behavior.
    BINGO!! Thus the hypocrisy of religion..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast