catholic education divides us...WTF - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: catholic education divides us...WTF

catholic education divides us...WTF

I chose to believe, accept and embrace Jesus Christ as my Savior. In doing so I chose to accept, believe and embrace the Holy Bible as the inerrant, infallible and eternal Word of God. These two choices dictate how I live, how I act and react as well as how I interact both with those who are of like precious faith and those who are not. I'm not perfect, have never claimed to be nor do I believe I can be this side of glory. I can assure you that he'll is just as real as heaven and that hell is equally as terrible as heaven is good. I can also assure you that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life and that no one can go to the Father except through Him. Every person has to make the choice to believe, accept and embrace Jesus Christ as their savior or not and every person will face the consequences of whatever choice they make. That's the bottom line. God Bless!
    I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me

3. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    What you highlighted had to do with homosexuality and not having to accept it as normal moral behavior. Are you arguing over that? Is that your biggest hang up? If so, it will never be resolved. We don't accept it and never will. The tax code is something we have no control over and exempting churches has always been accepted. Just have to argue over something, huh?
    Really? When was the last time the church ( any church ) stood up and said hey we are being treated DIFFERENTLY please join us in supporting the removal of us from a tax free status?

Homosexuals are just the example cited. The part highlighted in LARGE red print was clear. Think what you want but do not tell me I must also accept it. Homosexuality or whatever religious cult you belong to and so on.

Again several of you argue it is not use is the gov that made the law making us tax free BS. The churches want this to be above everyone else. They exist in our society but do not welcome all members of the community and spew their hate of those that are different all the while saying we are doing god's work so we shroud not have to pay you're taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by maine04619 View Post
    Really? When was the last time the church ( any church ) stood up and said hey we are being treated DIFFERENTLY please join us in supporting the removal of us from a tax free status?

Homosexuals are just the example cited. The part highlighted in LARGE red print was clear. Think what you want but do not tell me I must also accept it. Homosexuality or whatever religious cult you belong to and so on.

Again several of you argue it is not use is the gov that made the law making us tax free BS. The churches want this to be above everyone else. They exist in our society but do not welcome all members of the community and spew their hate of those that are different all the while saying we are doing god's work so we shroud not have to pay you're taxes.
    Ayuh.

15 characters.

I fully understand the concept. People need a way to explain death and to strive for the belief there is more to come after death. Thus every society has had a god or gods they prayed to in hopes of "existing forever" not a hard concept to grasp.

I do not HATE anyone. I have no need to I have disdain for those who do bad things.

The fact that the church has spent millions in Africa to get homosexuality made illegal to the point where death is allowed for guilty of it. As per you're post you seem to harbor allot of hate for homosexuals as well.

Last and I hope you truly think hard about this one. How many wars and people have been killed in the name of non believers? Then compare that number with those killed for no other reason then for NOT worshiping the same "god" as the group in power. How many non believers have passed laws and support the same based on what two consenting adults do in their private lives? Please let me know what non believers come knock on you're door and tell you if you do not believe what we do you will burn in hell for eternity? How many non believers form into a group then get a big building built with money they tell the people who believe they have to give cause "god" said so then refuses to pay taxes to support the community they are in?

Please tell me more about how I hate anyone? Tell me more about how those of us who choose a logical path in life are the bad hypercritical ones.
    We hate no one. What I hate is folks like yourself telling me I have to accept homosexual behavior as being normal and equal to heterosexual behavior. You need not believe anything that is Biblical but please understand you do so at your own peril. Clearly you feel man is the center and creator of the universe...that man is truth. I have a job for you...create a new truth. Do you follow the golden rule...if so why? Christ told you to follow the golden rule. Have you ever been a 2 year old child or ever been around a 2 year old child. What do you think that child would end up doing as an adult to get his or her way? Do you read the papers and ever see what that "child" will do to get his or her own way? The reason that you are not slaughtered in your sleep by someone wanting to take your stuff for their own is only because of a universal truth. That truth is that God is in control and not you! Believe what you want to believe but try to come up with a moral law on your own...you know, something that has not already been passed down through the ages from the God of Abraham and Moses. Most people believe that Jesus Christ was a real person, a great man, and a great prophet. They also do not believe he was God incarnate. If he wasn't God incarnate then he was a fraud and a liar. If that is true what then is so great about him? IF you are in the least bit interested, read the Sermon on the Mount and see who he was.

Again you are wrong. You say whatever comes into your brain without ever exploring the truth of what you say. The church will accept anyone into the church at any time. They will not accept the sin you bring with you though. Do you know what the difference is? If not, go spend some time in the church!

What I'd expect from a parishioner of Rev. Jeremiah Wright and Fr. Michael Pflegger. Apparently the sermons "sunk-in"
    Good luck Barry. To stop the Catholic church from holding school but still allowing a madras would be favoring one religion over another. Precisely they point of the first amendment, to keep government from favoring or supporting any religion. But in order to "fundamentally transform America" he must shred public speech, free thought, pursuit of happiness, freedom of religion and states' rights. Ahhhh, wait... isn't that the bill of rights?
    Wait, didn't George Orwell write about this?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234