Bloomberg misusing NY city resources to host MAIG web sites...

Thread: Bloomberg misusing NY city resources to host MAIG web sites...

ezkl2230 Guest

If this is a duplicate thread, I apologize. I didn't see another one addressing this, so here goes.

It turns out that, even though Bloomberg is a billionaire who can well afford to pay for web space to host his MAIG web sites and other activities associated with them, he has instead used NY city servers and IT employees - and taxpayer dollars - to host and maintain them.

The name “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” is well known as Mike Bloomberg’s gun-control arm, which he spends his personal fortune through on ads. Yet the group’s website is registered to, and handled by, official city government servers and staffers.
    Domain names for MAIG were registered in 2006 by the New York City Department of Information and Technology, and have remained on official city web servers ever since.
    Of course, his assistants insist that it is his prerogative as mayor to use these resources to buck up his pet cause.

Michael Bloomberg gun control group site registered to NYC - POLITICO.com

Screenshots of the WhoIs data from Network Solutions:

Bloomberg misusing NY city resources to host MAIG web sites...-maig_com-whois-info.jpgBloomberg misusing NY city resources to host MAIG web sites...-maig_org-whois-info.jpg

The guy is a friggin tool!

Bloomberg didn't get to be a billionaire by wasting his own money, especially when the opportunity to waste the taxpayers money presents itself. Somehow, I don't think we'll be seeing a refund of public money any time soon.