Arguing with liberals - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Arguing with liberals

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    A state trooper stopped a 95 year old woman on interstate 20, and noticed as he was checking her drivers license, that she had a concealed carry permit. He said, "got any guns with you ma'am?" She said, "yes, a 45 Smith & Wesson in the glove compartment, a 357 magnum in the console and a 38 special in my purse." The trooper said "lady, what are you scared of?"

    She said, "NOT A DAMN THING!!!"
    I was wondering if I would get to post these pics. lol

    Arguing with liberals-532521_384169468339875_1002962113_n.jpg Arguing with liberals-grannywithgun.jpg
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    You say being prepared is being fearful.
    No, read my post, I didn't say that...

    Being prepared is not the same as being fearful, though it is true that some are prepared specifically because they are fearful.
    I carry because "they" (the bad guys) carry. Call that fear or call it preparation, I don't care. If the bad guys didn't carry, I probably wouldn't either. I'm strong and confident enough to not need a gun if nobody that meant me harm had one. In other words, I don't carry for fun.

    Also, if you aren't afraid (call it "respectful" if you don't like the word afraid) of what a gun can do, then you shouldn't carry a gun.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher_s View Post
    No, read my post, I didn't say that...
    Actually... YOU DID SAY THAT.....
    YOU said that the NRA's Wayne Lapierre uses fear....
    YOU said that Glenn Beck uses fear...

    When, in REALITY..... You know, where sane people (not liberals) live, they did no such thing... They were talking about BEING PREPARED..... YOUR LIBERAL MIND/THINKING only heard what it wanted to hear so you could have an excuse (even though 100% false) to ridicule.....

    Then again.. why am I even bothering... this thread is about arguing with people like you.....

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    I'll just requote the original argument here:
    "Well, they deny danger exists when WE want to carry a gun and tell us WE are paranoid for wanting to carry a gun. But then they say we need to restrict gun ownership to reduce crime. Huh? Carrying a gun to defend against crime makes me paranoid, because there really is nothing to worry about… but…we must restrict guns to reduce crime."
    Call it fear or respect, but I think what Axe is getting at is that if you live in a state of "fear" that may adversely effect your reaction (or over-reaction) to a given situation. There have been as many stories recently about people preventing a violent crime without firing a shot (merely pointing the gun and getting results) as there have been of justified shootings. If you draw on a BG and he drops his gun, but because of your "fear" you kill him anyway, you just better hope there are no witnesses. In your home this might not be a problem, but on the street, it will depend on your state laws regarding "stand your ground" and post-justified-shoot liabilities or immunities.

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    A state trooper stopped a 95 year old woman on interstate 20, and noticed as he was checking her drivers license, that she had a concealed carry permit. He said, "got any guns with you ma'am?" She said, "yes, a 45 Smith & Wesson in the glove compartment, a 357 magnum in the console and a 38 special in my purse." The trooper said "lady, what are you scared of?"

    She said, "NOT A DAMN THING!!!"
    I was wondering if I would get to post these pics. lol

    Arguing with liberals-532521_384169468339875_1002962113_n.jpg Arguing with liberals-grannywithgun.jpg
    Outstanding!!!! I approve
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.


  7. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Throw a rock at a pack of dogs , the one that barks is the one you hit.
    Or get chewed on.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    I remember a troll who got banned that only quoted movies.

    FWIW, unless you quote the source, it's plagiarism.

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I remember a troll who got banned that only quoted movies.
    Was it McKee? or one of Shooobeees clones?

    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    FWIW, unless you quote the source, it's plagiarism.
    I think one line would fall under fair use
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  11. Thank you for illustrating my point and getting emotional about this topic.

    I don't 100% agree with you, therefor I MUST be liberal?! (I'm an independent.)

    Is the issue the word FEAR? I wear a life jacket in whitewater because I am afraid of drowning. Anybody have a problem with that sentence? Do I need to change it to: I wear a life jacket in whitewater because I want to be prepared for the possibility of the boat capsizing.

    I contend that the above two sentences are the exact same thing. Also, train all you want in non-life threatening scenarios, you won't really know how you will handle yourself IF a bad guy pulls a gun until it happens. I have never had to draw my weapon, and I'm glad I haven't, but I have been close.

    I don't know why you are jumping on my back, I'm not your enemy. I just wanted to point out hat both sides use emotional arguments. Sheesh.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast