Arguing with liberals - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Arguing with liberals

  1. #31
    I have a neighbors who are libs. When I have talked to them about some things I have found them to be really funny.
    They talk how it is wrong to deny people their rights. But then they do not like how the neighborhood is changing. They do not like that Hmong's are buying houses in the area. There was built a low income housing about a 1/2 mile from us. (I was against that. Just to be honest.) But the fact that the libs want minorities to have their right, but just not next door to them.

    They complain about all the jobs that are going over seas but drive foreign cars and buy the cheapest they can which is most of the time "Made in China"!

    They want all kinds of social programs but complain about how their taxes are going up!

    Maybe I am the one who is closed mined.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    I have a neighbors who are libs. When I have talked to them about some things I have found them to be really funny.
    They talk how it is wrong to deny people their rights. But then they do not like how the neighborhood is changing. They do not like that Hmong's are buying houses in the area. There was built a low income housing about a 1/2 mile from us. (I was against that. Just to be honest.) But the fact that the libs want minorities to have their right, but just not next door to them.

    They complain about all the jobs that are going over seas but drive foreign cars and buy the cheapest they can which is most of the time "Made in China"!

    They want all kinds of social programs but complain about how their taxes are going up!

    Maybe I am the one who is closed mined.
    Ain't it the way. (slang of the locals 'round here)
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

  4. Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post

    They complain about all the jobs that are going over seas but drive foreign cars and buy the cheapest they can which is most of the time "Made in China"!
    This is a hard one. I always buy goods from "local" craftsmen when I can (made in USA is sort of local in todays economy, I guess). Consumers point the finger at big business for outsourcing, big business points the finger at consumers for wanting cheap goods and not wanting assembly line, hard labor, jobs. CHINA wins, America loses.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Louisville Ky.
    Posts
    1,043
    I don't wast my time argueing with the Libs. They have an agenda and the facts don't matter to them.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher_s View Post
    Thank you for illustrating my point and getting emotional about this topic.

    I don't 100% agree with you, therefor I MUST be liberal?! (I'm an independent.)

    Is the issue the word FEAR? I wear a life jacket in whitewater because I am afraid of drowning. Anybody have a problem with that sentence? Do I need to change it to: I wear a life jacket in whitewater because I want to be prepared for the possibility of the boat capsizing.

    I contend that the above two sentences are the exact same thing. Also, train all you want in non-life threatening scenarios, you won't really know how you will handle yourself IF a bad guy pulls a gun until it happens. I have never had to draw my weapon, and I'm glad I haven't, but I have been close.

    I don't know why you are jumping on my back, I'm not your enemy. I just wanted to point out hat both sides use emotional arguments. Sheesh.
    Sigh.....
    SO, I catch you accusing 2 people talking about being prepared and quoted YOU saying they were "using fear tactics"... BTW, Who is the one getting "emotional?I point it out to you and you take 2 posts to ignore what you actually wrote (diversion & hysterics hoping we/I forget what you actually said by accusing ME of something else)

    I think you had better go back into your liberal little hidyhole and stop trying to come out and play with the big boys, cause we arent going to let you get away with trying to cover up and distract....
    I didnt jump on your back, I pointed out where YOU took something the wrong way and wrote it as gospel trying to discredit some "conservatives" by accusing them of saying something only YOU IMAGINED..... NONE of us on here thought what they said had anything AT ALL to do about fear......

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Sigh.....
    SO, I catch you accusing 2 people talking about being prepared and quoted YOU saying they were "using fear tactics"... BTW, Who is the one getting "emotional?I point it out to you and you take 2 posts to ignore what you actually wrote (diversion & hysterics hoping we/I forget what you actually said by accusing ME of something else)

    I think you had better go back into your liberal little hidyhole and stop trying to come out and play with the big boys, cause we arent going to let you get away with trying to cover up and distract....
    I didnt jump on your back, I pointed out where YOU took something the wrong way and wrote it as gospel trying to discredit some "conservatives" by accusing them of saying something only YOU IMAGINED..... NONE of us on here thought what they said had anything AT ALL to do about fear......
    Uh,... what?
    I am a very intelligent individual. After reading your post several times I cannot figure out what you are trying to say. I have moved on, apparently you have not. I do think that you are still accusing me, the CHL carrier, of being liberal...

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    It's definitely frustrating arguing with people who frequently base their points on emotion and scare tactics...the worst is the "you will be shot first" people. They might claim to not be liberal...but sometimes I can't tell.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher_s View Post
    Uh,... what?
    I am a very intelligent individual. Not from what I have seen... After reading your post several times I cannot figure out what you are trying to say. I have moved on, apparently you have not. I have simply shown you what you wrote and YOU cannot comprehend it...Remind me now, Who is the smart one here? I do think that you are still accusing me, the CHL carrier, of being liberal... DUDE... If you THINK having a CHL makes you non-liberal, you really have problems....
    I suggest YOU read post #23 in this thread VERY CAREFULLY and then re-read your original post #16 and then put 2+2 together and then go bother someone else mr liberal with a ccw.....

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I suggest YOU read post #23 in this thread VERY CAREFULLY and then re-read your original post #16 and then put 2+2 together and then go bother someone else mr liberal with a ccw.....
    Alright, I did my assigned homework.
    In post #23 you stated that i claimed that two notable conservatives use emotional, specifically, fear based arguments. That is 100% true. I presented actual quotes in post #16 that would seem to support this assertion. Personally, when Glen Beck claims that the 2nd amendment is the only thing keeping my mother and sister from being raped, he seems to be appealing to people's emotions. You, for some reason, also claim that I equate fear with preparation, which is not true. In fact, I never once used the word preparation.

    The entire purpose of post #16 was to point out that people of all political backgrounds get emotionally involved and use emotional arguments. Your posts since then seem to be illustrating my point. Are you red faced with bulging neck veins when you respond?

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher_s View Post
    Alright, I did my assigned homework.
    In post #23 you stated that i claimed that two notable conservatives use emotional, specifically, fear based arguments. That is 100% true.well, it is true that YOU stated those things, yes... But NO, that they used fear is 100% FALSE.....They in FACT were NOT using FEAR based arguments, they were talking about WHAT gun owners are prepared for, NOT that the big bad boogie man is out to get you as you claim... I presented actual quotes in post #16 that would seem to support this assertion. Actually, they only represent YOUR STATE OF MIND (fear) when YOU hear those type of things...Personally, when Glen Beck claims that the 2nd amendment is the only thing keeping my mother and sister from being raped, he seems to be appealing to people's emotions. No, he is talking about the realities of life.. and the need to be prepared for them, NOT FEAR.. You, for some reason, also claim that I equate fear with preparation, which is not true. In fact, I never once used the word preparation. You FAIL at reading comprehension too, are you sure you are as smart as you claim to be? I said you thought the people were using fear, I pointed out the FACT that they were not... SO, YOU confused being prepared (what they were actually talking about...) with being scared (the EMOTION that only YOU seem to get when you heard or read those things from your examples...)

    The entire purpose of post #16 was to point out that people of all political backgrounds get emotionally involved and use emotional arguments. Your posts since then seem to be illustrating my point. Are you red faced with bulging neck veins when you respond?
    So, now you are attacking me ( a liberal tactic) with distraction/changing the subject/attacking the messanger and trying to confuse the issue when I very simply (and you knew this for a fact) used a different, contrasting color so I could answer you without confusing who was saying what... red happens to be the color I use EVERY TIME I insert text in someone elses quotes.. dont "FEEL" so special, because you really arent...


    Everything I have seen that you have posted points to you being fearful of reality... IF you are going to be carrying a firearm, YOU NEED to make sure that when you are using it that the person you are using it on wasnt just someone peaking around the corner saying BOO!!! because everything you have said so far tells me you would "light them up" if they startled you in the least...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast