Man arrested for guns at Pelosi's personal hotel - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Man arrested for guns at Pelosi's personal hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Also it's legal in SC to carry a concealed weapon from your vehicle to your hotel/motel room.

SECTION 23-31-230. Carrying concealed weapons between automobile and accommodation.
    Notwithstanding any provision of law, any person may carry a concealable weapon from an automobile or other motorized conveyance to a room or other accommodation he has rented and upon which an accommodations tax has been paid.
    Actually it does not have to be concealed. 23-31-230 was added to cover any questions about motels but:

SECTION 16-23-20 (15) a person while transferring a handgun directly from or to a vehicle and a location specified in this section where one may legally possess the handgun.
    16-23-20 covers handguns with or without a permit and says nothing about being concealed.

SECTION 23-31-230. Carrying concealed weapons between automobile and accommodation.
    Notwithstanding any provision of law, any person may carry a concealable weapon from an automobile or other motorized conveyance to a room or other accommodation he has rented and upon which an accommodations tax has been paid.

I read is as carrying a handgun concealed between a vehicle and room with or without a permit. The subject line is the key here. "Carrying concealed weapons between automobile and accommodation." If it wasn't meant to carry without a permit why put it in the law. A permit allows someone to do this with or without this section.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Well, getting back to the topic of the thread, I'm wondering if the guy would have been arrested if he had a CCW from either CO or a reciprocal state. My guess is no, because it's Pelosi, one of the most heartened antis in Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    If it was a company policy he was violating, and not any particular law, then why was he arrested? If he was violating a company policy, he should have just been asked to leave, not arrested. Am I missing something here?
    I don't disagree with you...I was just pointing out the fact that Sheraton has an asinine policy.

The best idea is probably to check in, then bring your guns in using luggage that doesn't make it obvious. It's unfortunate but that's because of the times we live in, and the rampant ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    I don't disagree with you...I was just pointing out the fact that Sheraton has an asinine policy.

The best idea is probably to check in, then bring your guns in using luggage that doesn't make it obvious. It's unfortunate but that's because of the times we live in, and the rampant ignorance.
    True, but violating a hotel policy, especially when hotels aren't off limits under the law, shouldn't have gotten him arrested. I'm pretty sure he could beat this if he tries.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234