Edward Snowden. A true Patriot.

Thread: Edward Snowden. A true Patriot.

Edward Snowden. A true Patriot.

I hope Edward Snowden finds asylum somewhere and can live his life in peace. Can't believe our government is trying to vilify a man whom our founding fathers would presumably be celebrating. I hope any country that helps him tells the US to shove it when they try their bully tactics to give him up. This country is so far from what our fathers wanted its an absolute disappointment. Shame on every single US political figure that truly believes this man is a traitor. This is very tangible proof that 1984 is coming to fruition. Stay ready everyone, I have no doubt their will be a fight between those who wish to save the US Constitution and those who want a new one. One where families must check into the recording device mounted to their television so the government can take a headcount. Those not in by the curfew will be held as enemy combatants and tried as traitors plotting to overthrow the government. I for one commend Snowden and label him an absolute patriot by our founding fathers standards. My only wish is that if the US ever got ahold of him we would collectively fight for his freedom, verbally and then physically if necessary. Sadly I don't see that happening because too many will use their family as an excuse as to why they "can't" fight. That's why the governments pay so well when you have children, its leverage. Stay vigilant friends.

You know, I initially thought the same thing. I appreciate what he informed us about, and I was one hundred percent behind him, until he fled to China and Russia with his secret document hard-drives. If he had gone to Iceland until things blew over, or if he had stayed here and lawyered up. ACLU, ACLJ or many others would have jumped at the chance to pro-bono this one. Fleeing to BOTH of our major communist adversaries makes him seem like a traitor rather than a patriot.

What would you do if betrayed by your government? If I initially exposed something I thought were right and then were charged as a criminal, I might feel abandoned by my people and possibly do the same thing. Good thing he had the smarts to foresee that would happen and get out beforehand. I do agree with your points though. I wouldn't want a damn thing on my person that has to do with the NSA. I'd want to just disappear altogether, so it does raise a question mark about what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    You know, I initially thought the same thing. I appreciate what he informed us about, and I was one hundred percent behind him, until he fled to China and Russia with his secret document hard-drives. If he had gone to Iceland until things blew over, or if he had stayed here and lawyered up. ACLU, ACLJ or many others would have jumped at the chance to pro-bono this one. Fleeing to BOTH of our major communist adversaries makes him seem like a traitor rather than a patriot.
    I can see your point. But, there has been several (let's say) "convenient" and "accidental" deaths of people who went against this administration; or were planning to. He may have just thought China of other similar country could better protect him from harm.

I'm still undecided in my mind as to his patriotism or treason. But, I'm certainly glad someone had the cojones to reveal the depths "OUR" trust has been betrayed by our elected officials.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Hmmm...Michael Hastings certainly comes to mind when I read your comment tcox.