A Dying Citizen Tells It Like It Is!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Dying Citizen Tells It Like It Is!

A Dying Citizen Tells It Like It Is!

This was sent to me by a gentleman in similar circumstances.

Please, please, read this and pass it on to you representatives in
    Washington D. C. Yes, they may not read it, but if enough people do read
    it and pass it on to those in their address list, maybe it will do some
    good. God bless Bill Schoonover of Oak Harbor, WA.
    mhg
    --------------------------------------------------------

This is the best I have ever read on the subject: A dying senior citizen
    tells it "like it is"--A must read

This is worth knowing. I doubt if any or many of you will bother to read
    all of it, but do scan through it. We need to do something about this
    before we reach the point of no return -- if we aren't already there.
    And I'm not even sure there is anything we can do.
    bmh

This is quite a letter but am sure it will be torn up and tossed in the
    garbage by our Senators in WA. Likely others too.. I feel like you
    should take the two minutes it requires to read this. It is quite impressive.

You can be Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Conservative, Independent or
    Libertarian and I bet this will hit a nerve. Our country is in real trouble.

This gentleman is obviously smarter than the two senators he sent it to. All
    I can say is amen to everything he said. A very articulate letter sent to the
    two U.S. Senators from Washington State.

April 3, 2013

Senator Patty Murray, Senator Maria Cantwell

Washington, DC , 20510

Dear Senator:

I have tried to live by the rules my entire life. My father was a Sergeant
    Major, U.S. Army, who died of combat related stresses shortly after his
    retirement. It was he who instilled in me those virtues he felt important -
    honesty, duty, patriotism and obeying the laws of God and of our various
    governments. I have served my country, paid my taxes, worked hard,
    volunteered and donated my fair share of money, time and artifacts.

Today, as I approach my 79th birthday, I am heart-broken when I look at my
    country and my government. I shall only point out a very few things
    abysmally wrong which you can multiply by a thousand fold. I have calculated
    that all the money I have paid in income taxes my entire life cannot even
    keep the Senate barbershop open for one year! Only Heaven and a few
    tight-lipped actuarial types know what the Senate dining room costs the
    taxpayers. So please, enjoy your haircuts and meals on us.

Last year, the president spent an estimated 1.4 $billion on himself and his
    family. The vice president spends $millions on hotels. They have had 8
    vacations so far this year! And our House of Representatives and Senate have
    become America 's answer to the Saudi royal family. You have become the
    "perfumed princes and princesses" of our country.

In the middle of the night, you voted in the Affordable Health Care Act,
    a.k.a. "Obama Care," a bill which no more than a handful of senators or
    representatives read more than several paragraphs, crammed it down our
    throats, and then promptly exempted yourselves from it substituting your own
    taxpayer-subsidized golden health care insurance.

You live exceedingly well, eat and drink as well as the "one percenters,"
    consistently vote yourselves perks and pay raises while making 3.5 times the
    average U.S. individual income, and give up nothing while you (as well as
    the president and veep) ask us to sacrifice due to sequestration (for which,
    of course, you plan to blame the Republicans, anyway).

You understand very well the only two rules you need to know - (1) How to
    get elected, and (2) How to get re-elected. And you do this with the aid of
    an eagerly willing and partisan press, speeches permeated with a certain
    economy of truth, and by buying the votes of the greedy, the ill-informed
    and under-educated citizens (and non-citizens, too, many of whom do vote )
    who are looking for a handout rather than a job. Your so-called "safety net"
    has become a hammock for the lazy. And, what is it now, about 49 or 50
    million on food stamps - pretty much all Democrat voters - and the program
    is absolutely rife with fraud with absolutely no congressional oversight?

I would offer that you are not entirely to blame. What changed you is the
    seductive environment of power in which you have immersed yourselves. It is
    the nature of both houses of Congress which requires you to subordinate your
    virtue in order to get anything done until you have achieved a leadership
    role. To paraphrase President Reagan, it appears that the second oldest
    profession (politics), bears a remarkably strong resemblance to the oldest.

As the hirsute first Baron John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton (1834 - 1902),
    English historian and moralist, so aptly and accurately stated, "Power tends
    to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost
    always bad men." I'm only guessing that this applies to the female sex as
    well. Tell me, is there a more corrupt entity in this country than Congress?

While we middle class people continue to struggle, our government becomes
    less and less transparent, more and more bureaucratic, and ever so much more
    dictatorial, using Czars and Secretaries to tell us (just to mention a very
    few) what kind of light bulbs we must purchase, how much soda or hamburgers
    we can eat, what cars we can drive, gasoline to use, and what health care we
    must buy. Countless thousands of pages of regulations strangle our
    businesses costing the consumer more and more every day.

As I face my final year, or so, with cancer, my president and my government
    tell me "You'll just have to take a pill," while you, Senator, your
    colleagues, the president, and other exulted government officials and their
    families will get the best possible health care on our tax dollars until you
    are called home by your Creator while also enjoying a retirement beyond my
    wildest dreams, which of course, you voted for yourselves and we pay for.

The chances of you reading this letter are practically zero as your staff
    will not pass it on, but with a little luck, a form letter response might be
    generated by them with an auto signature applied, hoping we will believe
    that you, our senator or representative, has heard us and actually cares.
    This letter will, however, go on line where many others will have the chance
    to read one person's opinion, rightly or wrongly, about this government, its
    administration and its senators and representatives.

I only hope that occasionally you might quietly thank the taxpayer for all
    the generous entitlements which you have voted yourselves, for which, by
    law, we must pay, unless, of course, it just goes on the $17 trillion
    national debt for which your children and ours, and your grandchildren and
    ours,ad infinitum, must eventually try to pick up the tab.

My final thoughts are that it must take a person who has either lost his or
    her soul, or conscience, or both, to seek re-election and continue to
    destroy this country I deeply love and put it so far in debt that we will
    never pay it off while your lot improves by the minute, because of your
    power. For you, Senator, will never stand up to the rascals in your House
    who constantly deceive the American people. And that, my dear Senator, is
    how power has corrupted you and the entire Congress. The only answer to
    clean up this cesspool is term limits. This, of course, will kill the goose
    that lays your golden eggs. And woe be to him (or her) who would dare to
    bring it up.

Sincerely,
    Bill Schoonover
    3096 Angela Lane
    Oak Harbor, WA 98277

The level of waste and the abhorrent nature of our Congress is sickening.
    We the people are no longer represented by our reps. We are just cash cows to them so they may live high on the hog while we suffer and struggle to put food on the table.
    They make me sick and ashamed to be an American...

Sent from behind enemy lines.

4. We are peasants. Mere bricks in the wall. Millions who dine on slop we may only afford from the public trough.

We are expendable energy-to-money robots, whose earnings are pillaged and squandered by ivory tower elitists who seem to have forgotten where they came from, if not born with a silver spoon in their mouths.

I would add that not only Congress has gorged on the spoils of thievery, but the entire government is guilty, as well.

We, the people, have been trampled to include "possible terrorists" on our resumes, according to this out of control administration and its alphabet soup agencies.

We're here. We're the government. We're committed to help you. Now begone, peasants!

That letter, no doubt, made its way to the round file. I'm fast approaching the realm of Anarchism with a firm plant in Libertarianism. We are pawns in the global chess game, we're expendable and the first to be sacrificed. Civil dissent and disobedience are the duty of free men in times of tyranny. "When tyranny becomes law, resistance becomes duty" is something I have grown very fond of. The sacrifices I've witnessed, the horrors that will be with me always are the constant reminder that we have but one attempt to live a free life here. A moment of true liberty is worth a lifetime of comfortable servitude.

Gentlemen, ladies, veterans and patriots... I charge you today with becoming the one committed to individual liberty and freedom. There is no other person who can fight for your liberty as well as you can, it's your responsibility. Become a student of history and a master in conflict, they are one in the same in the context of government. All governments become hostile to the people they serve, the masters become the slaves given the illusion of power. The anger and frustration you do, or should feel must be channeled appropriately. Educate, inform and gather in number... strengthen your resolve, harden your heart and draw your line in the sand.

There is a fight coming, people. It is not an if, only a when... the when, is up to us. Does the responsibility for our actions land with us or generations yet to become at fault? Are our children destined to pay the price for our foolishness? Do you equate freedom with comfort? Shame on you, if you do. What are we going to do? What are you going to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

6. I am drawn to the writer's answer to the problem of government thievery and waste; term limits.

I firmly believe that politicians should be limited to two terms; one in office, the other in prison.

I have copied this letter in total, and am sending it with my own preface to our so-called senators with the original address and my own. I have asked for a personal answer, as opposed to a robo-signed vomit from a word processor. Good luck, huh? We'll see. Neither Carney or Carper are worth horseshoe crab carcasses.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post

There is a fight coming, people. It is not an if, only a when... the when, is up to us. Does the responsibility for our actions land with us or generations yet to become at fault? Are our children destined to pay the price for our foolishness? What are we going to do? What are you going to do?
    Nothing is up to us, it's all up to the government. you can bet your life there's a fight coming, and you will lose your life. There is no generation yet to come, this present generation is the Last Generation. What are you going to do? You and your children are going to pay the price for your foolishness, that's what your going to do. What am I going to do? I've already done it. I've made my choice to believe God, so I won't be here.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    That letter, no doubt, made its way to the round file. I'm fast approaching the realm of Anarchism with a firm plant in Libertarianism. We are pawns in the global chess game, we're expendable and the first to be sacrificed. Civil dissent and disobedience are the duty of free men in times of tyranny. "When tyranny becomes law, resistance becomes duty" is something I have grown very fond of. The sacrifices I've witnessed, the horrors that will be with me always are the constant reminder that we have but one attempt to live a free life here. A moment of true liberty is worth a lifetime of comfortable servitude.

Gentlemen, ladies, veterans and patriots... I charge you today with becoming the one committed to individual liberty and freedom. There is no other person who can fight for your liberty as well as you can, it's your responsibility. Become a student of history and a master in conflict, they are one in the same in the context of government. All governments become hostile to the people they serve, the masters become the slaves given the illusion of power. The anger and frustration you do, or should feel must be channeled appropriately. Educate, inform and gather in number... strengthen your resolve, harden your heart and draw your line in the sand.

There is a fight coming, people. It is not an if, only a when... the when, is up to us. Does the responsibility for our actions land with us or generations yet to become at fault? Are our children destined to pay the price for our foolishness? Do you equate freedom with comfort? Shame on you, if you do. What are we going to do? What are you going to do?

This very aptly says it all!
    Attachment 9887

The solution is simple, effective, yet no one is demanding that the solution be implemented. If I could send only one message back in time to our founding fathers, it would be to include term limits in our Constitution.

TERM LIMITS, two terms max for ever office in the country, from city hall to the white house, and NO pension, NO lifetime health care, NO perks at all.

The greedy, corrupt, career politician is the root cause of what will be the down fall and destruction of this nation.

The only people that can accomplish this (the crooks/career politicians won't) are the American people, force it onto the ballot through petitions, and vote.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

I believe like Gunnerbob... there's a fight coming... and I think it will come before this time next year. I may die in it, could be, but that's just the way it is with someone who's been a patriot all his life. I'll die one, before I bow to scum.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast