Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Seems as if a lot of people are getting riled up.

LETS JUST KEEP SENDING THIS AROUND UNTIL OUR "REPRESENTATIVES" IN CONGRESS CATCH ON.
    35 STATES SO FAR....IT'S GROWING
    Finally someone put it into the correct wording, language we can all understand, making clear the greed of our Congressmen and Senators. Thank God. Yes, I will gladly pass this email on to all my friends. 35 STATES AND GROWING. ONLY NEED 38.
    :
    Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon them. It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

This will take less than thirty seconds to read. If you agree, please pass it on.
    This is an idea that we should address.

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that passed ... in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever . The self-serving must stop.

If each person that receives this will forward it on to 15 people, in three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one proposal that really should be passed around.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States ..."

You are one of my 15.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."

- Henry Ford

Works for me and enforce the current constitution.

Great concept but they don't follow the current laws.

Be very careful about demanding a new Amendment to the Constitution.... you just might get one. But it may not be the one you thought it was going to be.

Hmmmm..... double post...

This idea always makes me nervous when I see it in forums or somebody starts talking about it. The outcome of this always hinges around who is in power. Like the last post said, be very careful what you wish for.

I copied and emailed it out to all on my email list. I really do not expect much to come out this. The GOP has shown they have no backbone or gonads to do anything.

The GOP seems to be trying to be more liberal than the lib-o-rats!!!

I think that an amendment to require legislators to live by the same laws to which they subject us is a good idea, but not likely. They really do think that they are superior.

Any time I hear the words, " Constitutional Convention" I get very afraid. A convention would open up the entire Constitution to revision. Does anyone trust our politicians to revise the greatest political document in human history that created our republic and guarantees our liberty? I certainly don't trust any politician with my liberty. Our Constitution is elegant and understandable. Do you want a 3000 page document that only attorneys are able to read and understand? We don't need a new Constitution. We need to enforce the one we inherited.

It is the progressives who want a constitutional convention and a document that does not limit government power. They want to give us a Utopian Society with an all powerful government, but no individual liberty. Only progressive political hacks and the truly ignorant would allow our political whores to alter the divinely inspired document that we inherited from the founders. Remember it was the progressives and Obama who said that we need a new positive bill of rights saying what the government must do for the people. And that can be read as "what the government is allowed to do TO the people for the good of the collective."

What some don't quite understand is that once a "Con-Con" is allowed, ANY amendment may be re-written and or ABOLISHED!
    I would prefer that we do not push for a con-con at this time.
    Too much grandstanding against the 2A.

As others here have said...

"Be careful of what you wish for!".

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    What some don't quite understand is that once a "Con-Con" is allowed, ANY amendment may be re-written and or ABOLISHED!
    I would prefer that we do not push for a con-con at this time.
    Too much grandstanding against the 2A.

As others here have said...

"Be careful of what you wish for!".

Sent from behind enemy lines.
    ~
    I wouldn't want this administration messing with our Constitution for any reason! They're jacking it up and bypassing it with executive decision is enough. I hope all the damage Obama's admin has done can be fixed after he's gone, but I have little hope this is possible.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast