Report, Ordered by Obama, Says Self Defense is Common, Gun Carriers Less Like to be

Thread: Report, Ordered by Obama, Says Self Defense is Common, Gun Carriers Less Like to be

Report, Ordered by Obama, Says Self Defense is Common, Gun Carriers Less Like to be

Report on Guns, Ordered by Obama, Says Self Defense is Common, Gun Carriers Less Likely to be Harmed.

I wonder why the Obama administration and Joe “Double Barrels to the Sky” Biden aren’t touting this recent study done by the Institute of Medicine and National Research Council, under the directive of the Centers for Disease Control?

Oh, could it because it actually contains facts and actually many of those facts contained in the report are actually positive reasons for gun ownership?!

The study was done as part of the Executive Orders signed by President Obama earlier this year in the wake of the Sandy Hook shootings.

The full study can be found online here:
    Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Looks like an interesting read, and I am workling on it. An interesting thing that jumped out in the summary that at least proved they try not to be biased is "Unauthorized gun possession or use is associated with higher rates of firearm violence than legal possession of guns."

I am bored, and will post anything cool I find.

Imagine that
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Here's a few nuggets:

"Between the years 2000 and 2010, firearm-related suicides significantly outnumbered homicides for all age groups"
    But in the overall numbers, they are counted as "gun violence". I think most would have probably found another method if a gun wasn't available.

"Although overall crime rates have declined in the past decade and violent crimes, including homicides, specifically, have declined in the past 5 years (FBI, 2011a), crime-related deaths involving firearms remain a serious threat."
    Oops, even though the numbers don't agree we still have an agenda.

The patterns for homicide and suicide are vastly different depending on economic conditions and geography, with homicides occurring more frequently among youth in high-poverty urban environments...
    Hmmm, also where most gun restrictions are, and most gang violence...

"Defensive uses of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence,although the exact number remains disputed (Cook and Ludwig, 1996; Kleck, 2001a). Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year"
    YAHTZEE! We have a winner!!!

"Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was “used” by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies"
    Winner #2

But the Liberal agenda is still present:
    “handguns comprised 72.5 percent of the firearms used in murder and non-negligent manslaughter incidents” (FBI, 2011b, p. 2). On the other hand, rifles and shotguns are less frequently used to commit homicides (U.S. Census Bureau, 2012), although they are more lethal than handguns (Kleck, 1984)."
    Um, WHAT??? You guys are supposed to be smart right?

Followed by the true goal of Obama:
    Research Questions
    There is a pressing need to obtain up-to-date, accurate information about how many guns are owned in the United States, their distribution and types, how people acquire them, and how they are used. Policies that seek to reduce the health burden of firearm-related violence can be strengthened by being grounded in sound information about the possession of guns for nonviolent as well as violent purposes. This kind of information should be obtained for three broad populations of interest: (1) the general population of the United States, (2) the youth population of the United States, and (3) offenders.
    Can you say "National Gun Registry???

While the report may be "unbiased" and may equally represent both sides of the issue, remember that the Regime will only use the nuggets that support their views. This last quote is all they need to say that their panel of "unbiased, independent" experts beleive a gun registry is the ONLY WAY to prevent gun violence...

It's all so much BS, when ever you ask them if they really want to save lives why don't they go after hand guns, they run away from that like a scalded hound, and change the subject.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    It's all so much BS, when ever you ask them if they really want to save lives why don't they go after hand guns, they run away from that like a scalded hound, and change the subject.
    I usually ask "if it's about saving children, why do you support abortion?"

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Report on Guns, Ordered by Obama, Says Self Defense is Common, Gun Carriers Less Likely to be Harmed.

I wonder why the Obama administration and Joe “Double Barrels to the Sky” Biden aren’t touting this recent study done by the Institute of Medicine and National Research Council, under the directive of the Centers for Disease Control?

Oh, could it because it actually contains facts and actually many of those facts contained in the report are actually positive reasons for gun ownership?!

The study was done as part of the Executive Orders signed by President Obama earlier this year in the wake of the Sandy Hook shootings.

The full study can be found online here:
    Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence
    I believe that the president directed the Center for Disease Control to do the research you mentioned. Obama gun control executive orders call for CDC gun violence research, 17 years after 1996 NRA-supported freeze.
    ·In short, the president has effectively lifted what has been a virtual 17-year ban on basic research into the public health effects of gun violence. But while the CDC will have the freedom to resume work on that topic, it's still unclear whether it will have the funding to do so.

Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

If any part of the study looks good for pro-gun the administration will probably never mention the report again.