Teenager arrested for joke on facebook taken as valid threats

Thread: Teenager arrested for joke on facebook taken as valid threats

Soo I was reading slashdot.org

Seems a teenager was arrested for a joke he posted on facebook. Where he was arguing with a friend over a video game League of legends. His friend made the comment that he was 'Insane' - to which he replied with "Oh yeah, Iím real messed up in the head, Iím going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts," followed by LOL/JK

However some lady in CANADA - chose to take it as a threat, after looking up his address and stuff.. contacted police who arrested the kid and has him locked up in jail and not even seen a judge yet.

Texas teen makes violent joke during video game, is jailed | The Daily Caller

Texas teen charged with making terroristic threat after online joke | khou.com Houston

Teenage League of Legends Player Jailed For Months For Facebook Joke - Slashdot

Makes me all warm and soft to know that our police and government are arresting people for thought crimes and sarcastic jokes in bad humor..

Seriously maybe we should all band together and make a bad humor joke like lets oust obummer! ZOMG NO WAI no FBI/NSA/CIA are after me for being anti Obummer..

How did the lady in Cana-duh access his facebeek account?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

His profile must be "open", that way anyone can view it.
    Dumbass kid!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

If stupidity has now become a criminal offence, we're going to have a lot of liberals in jail too. Seriously, do the police in Texas and several other localities have absolutely no common sense. What has become of this country when school children are punished as criminals for wearing NRA t-shirts or making pop tart guns Additionally, when did this country start punishing thought crimes? If someone makes a threat they should be observed, but actually punishing thought, by the standards of non progressives, is unconstitutional and unacceptable. Our government is moving into very dangerous territory and is well on its way to becoming a totalitarian police state.

Just when did public employees become rulers and we the slaves. This country has strayed so far off the course charted in the Constitution that it will be impossible to get back on track or at least require drastic action in order to survive as a republic.

In todays environment, with the mass shootings we've witnessed, I can understand the desire of someone to not be that person that could say, "I read his FB post about shooting up a school and did nothing about it. I never thought he was serious."

With the mind police on the prowl now and people willing to feed the monster, even a sick joke can be dangerous to the one telling it.

SMH
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.