Quinn To Use Amendatory 'Powers' To Make Changes To Concealed Carry Law

Thread: Quinn To Use Amendatory 'Powers' To Make Changes To Concealed Carry Law

1. Quinn To Use Amendatory 'Powers' To Make Changes To Concealed Carry Law

Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn intends to take action Tuesday on legislation that would allow guns to be carried in public, and he's widely expected to insert changes to the bill to try to put in place stricter regulations.
    Quinn expected to use amendatory veto powers on concealed carry bill - chicagotribune.com
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

Here in Colorado we end the political carreers of those who advocate so strongly for gun control. If more politicians across the nation felt that kind of pressure things would change. Looks like Gov. Pat Quinn needs to feel the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBadger View Post
    Here in Colorado we end the political carreers of those who advocate so strongly for gun control. If more politicians across the nation felt that kind of pressure things would change. Looks like Gov. Pat Quinn needs to feel the pressure.
    Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Colorado has successfully petitioned for recall, but the elections haven't happened yet. When you successfully recall the asshats who passed the legislation then you can claim victory.

I don't believe that there another state in which the governor can amend a law already passed by the legislative branch. I guess it must be so the Chicago criminal element can maintain control of the state and to disenfranchise the remainder of the state's voters.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    I don't believe that there another state in which the governor can amend a law already passed by the legislative branch. I guess it must be so the Chicago criminal element can maintain control of the state and to disenfranchise the remainder of the state's voters.
    buckey: Don't forget, this is Illinois you are talking about. Corruption at its finest and Democratic, no less.

But it's all good. The Gov got his hand slapped by the legislature and told keep your hands off this bill.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.