The American rifle and pistol association - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The American rifle and pistol association

Quote Originally Posted by CelticRoots View Post
    dg, I just did a Google search on the top four (4) of the ARP 'Leadership Team'. They all seem to be mainly IT type folks based in the Austin TX area. I did not see any firearms related links (i.e.: NRA, etc.), but also no 'anti-gun' links apparent either.
    LinkedIn gives for Robert Galinas:
    "President
    The Americn Rifle and Pistol Association, Inc.
    January 2013 – Present (7 months)

The American Rifle and Pistol Association, Inc., and its non-profit arm, The American Rifle and Pistol Association Education Foundation is a member-centric social networking and educational organization for mainstream gun owners. R+P is the Voice of mainstream gun owners. It exists to promote SANE gun ownership and firearms management. SANE = Safety, Advocacy, Networking, and Education."

Take it with a grain of salt (or Hodgdons) and draw your own conclusions but, I think I'll wait until more info appears.
    Thanks for the research.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I just went to their website which I found awkward, slow and clumsy (amazing for a bunch of guys in the IT business). Several times it was so slow that the page timed out. I do not have this problem with other websites.

But I finally got to the page on their statement of principles:
    http://amriflepistol.com/statement-of-principles/
    and several times had to raise my eyebrow at what was stated.

- I had my eyebrow raised at the Member Driven segment: R+P was founded by a group of accomplished business executives based in Austin, TX, who, in addition to being fellow firearms owners themselves, recognized the need to create a vibrant online community and social forum for networking, education, and the development of member-driven practical solutions for responsible gun ownership and increased public safety solutions. Ok, so what does a bunch of business execs see that I don't that there is a need to create a social forum for networking, education, and the development of practical solutions for responsible gun ownership and increased public safety solutions. That there sounds like double talk for, how can we infringe upon your 2A rights. I didn't know that there was a problem with gun ownership and that we needed a practical solution for it.

- Another eyebrow raised is their SANE acronym: Why do we need another safety acronym. Doesn't every firearm owner have access to the Four Rules of Safe Gun Handling? You follow these four rules, then there is no need for networking and talking about how to keep the public safe.

- Another eyebrow raised is under the Firearms Debate: They make the straw man argument that there are only two sides: one that believes there should be no restrictions and then adds in parentheses (even if sensible) and the other side is an outright elimination of firearms. Then they rise from the ashes and say they are somewhere in the middle using such terminology as optimal firearms management. What in blue blazes does "optimal firearms management" mean??? It sounds like firearms regulation to me.

To the original poster... if it smells like a duck, looks like duck, eats like duck, craps like a duck, quacks like a duck... it's probably a duck.

Within their own statement of principles they are calling for "sensible" and "optimal" firearms management. I'd suggest getting acquainted with the verbiage of the 2nd Amendment and avoid this group like the plague.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

4. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I just went to their website which I found awkward, slow and clumsy (amazing for a bunch of guys in the IT business). Several times it was so slow that the page timed out. I do not have this problem with other websites.
    Bunch of IT guys that obviously have no experience building a website .... this thing is built in Word Press. Simply amazing.
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

They have already been ID'd , a false flag anti group.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ag-and-others/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...l-association/

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

6. Yep, antigun group, stay away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12