The American rifle and pistol association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The American rifle and pistol association

The American rifle and pistol association

What does everyone think of this gun group??

http://amriflepistol.com/
    Last edited by lukem; 07-03-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Never HEARD OF THEM

4. dg, I just did a Google search on the top four (4) of the ARP 'Leadership Team'. They all seem to be mainly IT type folks based in the Austin TX area. I did not see any firearms related links (i.e.: NRA, etc.), but also no 'anti-gun' links apparent either.
    LinkedIn gives for Robert Galinas:
    "President
    The Americn Rifle and Pistol Association, Inc.
    January 2013 – Present (7 months)

The American Rifle and Pistol Association, Inc., and its non-profit arm, The American Rifle and Pistol Association Education Foundation is a member-centric social networking and educational organization for mainstream gun owners. R+P is the Voice of mainstream gun owners. It exists to promote SANE gun ownership and firearms management. SANE = Safety, Advocacy, Networking, and Education."

Take it with a grain of salt (or Hodgdons) and draw your own conclusions but, I think I'll wait until more info appears.

Quote Originally Posted by dguedes View Post
    What does everyone think of this gun group??

The American Rifle and Pistol Association

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by CelticRoots View Post
    The American Rifle and Pistol Association, Inc., and its non-profit arm, The American Rifle and Pistol Association Education Foundation is a member-centric social networking and educational organization for mainstream gun owners. R+P is the Voice of mainstream gun owners. It exists to promote SANE gun ownership and firearms management. SANE = Safety, Advocacy, Networking, and Education."

Take it with a grain of salt (or Hodgdons) and draw your own conclusions but, I think I'll wait until more info appears.
    Thanks for the research, CelticRoots. I clicked on the link yesterday and saw that stuff about "mainstream gun owners" and it turned me off. "Mainstream" can mean anything, and regardless of what they mean by it, it's a word that divides gun owners into some "good" group, and some "lesser good" group(s). I would venture to say that it is more "mainstream" for gun owners to support state-by-state carry regulations, denial of 2A rights for the remainder of the life of felons even if they've served their time, most don't see NICS as any kind of imposition against their rights etc., when the fact is, no simple reading of the 2nd Amendment supports those usurpations as being "mainstream" at all. They are all forms of gun control, and quite well-settled as "mainstream" memes.

If I ever become "mainstream," just shoot me.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Considering that you don't get much information about who is running the new group until you sign up, I have some reservations about their credibility. Too many advocacy groups turn out to have agendas that are not immediately apparent in this day and age. I'd like S.A.N.E. better defined.

Thumbs down Not what it seems to be.

Received this information from Buckeye Firearms Association as a subscriber. This may be helpful to you in making up your mind. I know I have and want nothing to do with them and will be very vocal against them and their so called line of thought.
    Dog
    ~

New gun group just like an old gun group? - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    ~

The newly-formed American Rifle and Pistol Association (ARPA) will officially launch on July 4, but already skeptics are wondering if this organization is not just a new incarnation of the American Hunters and Shooters Association (AHSA), which turned out to be a front group for Democrats and soon vanished after the 2008 elections.
    ~
    The Shall Not Be Questioned (former Snowflakes in Hell) blog already suggests that ARPA is “the latest not-really-pro-gun group.” Washington Whispers notes that the Texas-based group “hopes to set itself apart by being more focused on members” than the National Rifle Association. That’s hauntingly similar to how AHSA billed itself.
    ~
    According to the ARPA website, “None of the members of the leadership team are representatives, agents, or employees of the firearms manufacturing industry in any way; nor do they claim to be firearms experts of any kind; nor are they law enforcement personnel, politicians, or firearms industry lobbyists.”
    ~
    They also claim to have been “specifically created to offer a truly member-centric deliberative forum and educational portal for innovative ideas regarding SANE™ gun ownership and SANE™ firearms management. SANE™ is R+P’s acronym which represents Safety first and foremost, Advocacy on behalf of its membership (not the firearms industry), the Social Networking of its members, and Education via a wealth of informational resources, available to all Americans, gun owners and non-gun owners alike.”
    ~
    Buckeye Firearms News
    ~
    A publication of Buckeye Firearms Association
    "Defending your Firearm Rights"
    ~
    July 4, 2013
    ~

~

Dear Cliff,
    ~
    Do you remember the phoney "American Hunters and Shooters Association" that pretended to support gun rights ... but actually advocated more gun control and endorsed (surprise, surprise) Barack Obama?
    ~
    Well, now with the 2014 elections gearing up, another fake gun group has popped up claiming to support "sane" gun ownership.
    ~
    They're called the American Rifle and Pistol Association and they're officially launching today, July 4. But don't be fooled by all the firearm photos on their Facebook page or all the Second Amendment talk on their colorful website.
    Here are direct quotes from their statement of principles:
    ~
    R+P exists to promote SANE gun ownership and SANE firearms management. SANE stands for: Safety, Advocacy, Networking, and Education.
    R+P believes that it is each state's right to determine for benefit of its citizens any prerequisites, qualifications, documentation, training, and levels of demonstrated proficiency, if any, deemed necessary for lawful use of differing types of weapon systems. The establishment of any such requirements are not the prerogative of the federal government.
    R+P seeks to work with state and local governments to help establish effective training and licensing programs designed to increase public safety while protecting eligible citizens' rights to keep and bear arms.
    Got that? "Sane" gun ownership. Demonstrated proficiency. Licensing programs. Protecting "eligible" citizens' rights.
    ~
    Exactly where in the Second Amendment does it say any of this? Who determines what is or is not sane? Since when do we need to demonstrate anything to exercise a right? Why do we need more licensing? And who exactly are the oh-so-lucky "eligible" citizens among us who will be granted protection from this bogus group of sham artists?
    ~
    No, we don't want "insane" people to have guns. And yes, we think training is great. But we don't need more restrictions. We've been fighting for years to remove restrictions that do nothing to improve public safety and are designed merely to infringe on our rights as American citizens.
    ~
    Spread the word about the counterfeit American Rifle and Pistol Association. Not only are they frauds, they're purposely insulting all gun owners by launching their pretend group on Independence Day.
    ~
    Those of us with Buckeye Firearms Association, and thousands of other good Americans around the country, work countless hours week after week, year after year, volunteering our time to defend and advance our rights.
    ~
    We don't hide who we are or what we stand for. What you see it what you get. If you disagree with us, fine. Stand up and be heard. But don't put on a mask and lie about your true intentions. That we cannot tolerate.
    ~
    Click here to comment on their Facebook page and let them know you're not fooled by their charade.

~
    Warn fellow gun owners on forums. Give a heads up to your buddies at the range. Don't let these fakers take our hard earned money or collect our addresses to further their anti-gun agenda.
    ~
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

What's in a name? Handgun Control Inc. morphed into the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. The goals and methods employed to achieve them did not change; there was only a renaming to disguise the true purpose and to mislead the gullible.

I can't find anything in the background of any of the folks running this new show new outfit to suggest that any involvement with firearms, Law Enforcement, hunting, the Shooting Sports or wildlife management. I see nothing to suggest any knowledge of the history of crime in the US or any involvement in defending the 2nd Amendment. All I see so far are harmless-sounding, feel-good platitudes without specificity. I am not about to subscribe, much less donate, until I see the “bona fides” for the leadership & a specific plan of action.
    Shipwreck2

9. I'd almost be willing to bet good money Bloomberg has invested money in this group!

This is a false flag group trying to such disenchanted NRA members in before they realize they have actually joined an anti-gun organization.
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

Reading their "about us" and mission statement pages, there are lots of waffle words in there to convince me it's not a group that will be looking out for our best interest.

Pointless at best, gun grabbers in sheep's clothing at worst.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

11. dogshawred, Thanks for the post. Nice to have gut-feelings validated, although these days I take everything with several grains of whatever.
    CelticRoots
    "Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." -George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast