Did Bloomberg do anything wrong here?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Bloomberg do anything wrong here?

Did Bloomberg do anything wrong here?

I have this feeling that Bloomberg has violated the Constitution when he tried to influence another states government body. Not sure if violated the Constitution is the word I am trying to say. But something is not right with what he has done.

Last week, the Nevada legislature passed a radical gun bill which the governor pledged to veto. In spite of interference and threats from New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his Mayors Against Illegal Guns group, Gov. Brian Sandoval vetoed the bill as promised.
    NV governor snubs NYC mayor?s threats, vetoes anti-gun bill - BizPac Review

Bloomberg is a typical NY thug. Nothing he does would surprise me.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

You are being way too polite BigStick

Quote Originally Posted by PatAz View Post
    You are being way too polite BigStick
    Board rules prevent him from actually giving his true feelings I think.

Bloomy is a Chicago thug wannabe.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

While I have the utmost disdain for Bloomberg and think he should mind his own city and quit meddling in the affairs of others, what did he do that violated any laws? He urged Gov. Sandoval not to veto the bill. He used his political and financial power to influence him and used his thug group (MAIG) to influence him. As long as Bloomy didn't bribe him or threaten him than he has every right to speak his mind, no matter how crazy that mind is. We still have a First Amendment too, which gives even the craziest of people the right to speak their deluded and deranged thoughts.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

rayporsche Guest
    He is more like a 'Julius Caesar' wannabe.............................and even Julius had a termination date if you will !

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    While I have the utmost disdain for Bloomberg and think he should mind his own city and quit meddling in the affairs of others, what did he do that violated any laws? He urged Gov. Sandoval not to veto the bill. He used his political and financial power to influence him and used his thug group (MAIG) to influence him. As long as Bloomy didn't bribe him or threaten him than he has every right to speak his mind, no matter how crazy that mind is. We still have a First Amendment too, which gives even the craziest of people the right to speak their deluded and deranged thoughts.
    Please read the op to answer your questions

In spite of interference and threats from New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Please read the op to answer your questions
    I see that, I read that, but there has been absolutely no mention as to what those threats were or how Bloomy threatened Sandoval. A lot of articles in the media today will use words like "threat" to incite the reader to read on. Yet there is no substance in the article as to what Bloomy threatened him with or how he threatened him. I'd love to see some actual news about this and not just one line in an article that says he did something without substance behind it.

It used to be investigative reporters actually investigated their stories and didn't just put blurbs out without evidentiary material. At this point, none of us really knows if Bloomy did or did not threaten Sandoval. It seems, if he did, Sandoval didn't hear of it, because he acted in a calm, cool and collected manner by putting out a phone line and listening to what the people wanted and then gave it to them (in other words a politician did his job). The article was 99% about what Sandoval did with facts and evidence and one line about what Bloomy MAY have done without any facts or evidence.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bloomberg could give lessons to "Chicago thugs." He apparently thinks that he is the final arbiter on all matters of health and safety for all us lesser beings. I am seriously concerned about what happens when he is no longer mayor of New York city. He'll have a lot more time to find ways to annoy the public, and he has the money to buy a pulpit to preach from. I would not be at all surprised to see him "buy" the presidential election in 2016. As for threatening sitting governors, I would bet he promises to give money to the political opposition, what else has he got?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast