21Yr Old Treated Like Criminal at DUI Checkpoint on 4th of July - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 21Yr Old Treated Like Criminal at DUI Checkpoint on 4th of July

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    "Better a thousand guilty men go free than one innocent be imprisoned."

Yes, thousands of peoples Rights are violated, but as long as they catch the bad guys it's worth it...

Sounds like the pathetic calling of gun control...if only to save one child's life....
    In whatever way you think this kids rights were violated, were purely initiated by him with his demeanor and his self righteous cocky little attitude to elude that he was hiding something and to put on this meaningless youtube video. You should know of all people being a "firefighter" the impact and costs that DUI operators create in this nation on a daily basis.

Sent from my NSA screened Smartphone

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    In whatever way you think this kids rights were violated, were purely initiated by him with his demeanor and his self righteous cocky little attitude to elude that he was hiding something and to put on this meaningless youtube video. You should know of all people being a "firefighter" the impact and costs that DUI operators create in this nation on a daily basis.

I didn't know the kid set up the dui stop...I could of sworn that was the police departments doing...it was the stop without probable cause that initiated this entire thing.

It doesn't matter if he had nothing to hide, his property should be protected from the police by the Constitution when he has done nothing illegal. It's obvious though that little piece of paper means nothing to you.

I know the impact of drunk driving, but I'm not about to **** on everyone's Constitutional Rights just to get a few drunk drivers. What's next, cell phone stops where police get to check your text messages to see if you were texting while driving?

What's amazing is how WA doesn't have these stops and we catch drunk drivers too.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I didn't know the kid set up the dui stop...I could of sworn that was the police departments doing...it was the stop without probable cause that initiated this entire thing.

It doesn't matter if he had nothing to hide, his property should be protected from the police by the Constitution when he has done nothing illegal. It's obvious though that little piece of paper means nothing to you.

I know the impact of drunk driving, but I'm not about to **** on everyone's Constitutional Rights just to get a few drunk drivers. What's next, cell phone stops where police get to check your text messages to see if you were texting while driving?

What's amazing is how WA doesn't have these stops and we catch drunk drivers too.
    Good for WA...and good for you firefighter. So would you conduct yourself the same way this kid did? Or knowing that you have better things to do at night than to hassle cops would you answer a couple questions and blow your minty breath in their face so you can move along? Which direction would you choose in the name of the US Constitution?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Good for WA...and good for you firefighter. So would you conduct yourself the same way this kid did? Or knowing that you have better things to do at night than to hassle cops would you answer a couple questions and blow your minty breath in their face so you can move along? Which direction would you choose in the name of the US Constitution?
    I would've given my license, registration and insurance info as required by law, but I would've handed it to the oath-breaking tyrant through the smallest crack I could manage to get it through so he couldn't perform an illegal search on my minty breath. Further, if he asked if I'd been drinking (or any other question for that matter), I would politely tell him that I don't answer questions without my attorney present, and may I please have my paperwork back so I can be on my way. Any contact that he forces on me beyond that is just the cop being an a$$hole, not me.

Do the words "You're not the boss of me" mean anything to you? You sound like you were (and still are) the quintessential schoolyard bully, and I'm reasonably sure that you've heard that child-like attempt at standing up for individual rights all your life.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post

To BC1 - Maybe if the past and current older generation had been more cognizant and protective of our rights over the last century or so, youngins' with the balls to stand up to government thugs wouldn't have to do our jobs for us, and could build that clean arrest record unencumbered by tyrants.

The notion that some rights matter and some don't is a premise that I will never understand, and definitely will never accept. Lick the boots of those who demand your rights of you if you want to, but to criticize kids who stand for theirs is just unconscionable. What do you get out of that?

Believe it or not, everything doesn't boil down to money. “What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul?” That young man had the soul to stand up for his and your God-given rights, BC, and you would punish him for the rest of his life for it. And you refer to him as a "hack?" And you refer to the attempt of people like him to hold government to the authorities the Constitution grants it as purveyors of anarchy? What is it when the government ignores all the rights of The People that it is sworn to uphold? I call it tyranny. Apparently you just think it's normal, and anyone who interrupts your enjoyment of that normalcy is deserving of your disdain. It's disgusting.

Blues
    Thanks Blues I couldn't said it better, infact you nailed it better then I could have. Thanks
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I would've given my license, registration and insurance info as required by law, but I would've handed it to the oath-breaking tyrant through the smallest crack I could manage to get it through so he couldn't perform an illegal search on my minty breath. Further, if he asked if I'd been drinking (or any other question for that matter), I would politely tell him that I don't answer questions without my attorney present, and may I please have my paperwork back so I can be on my way. Any contact that he forces on me beyond that is just the cop being an a$$hole, not me.

Do the words "You're not the boss of me" mean anything to you? You sound like you were (and still are) the quintessential schoolyard bully, and I'm reasonably sure that you've heard that child-like attempt at standing up for individual rights all your life.

Blues
    Complete badassery. I have a lot to learn from you. F**k the Popo.

Now you're gettin' it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Now you're gettin' it...
    Actually, what dad45acp said completely mischaracterizes what I said. Rather than saying (or even thinking) F the popo, I implied, and intended to convey, that I'd be thrilled to death with them just leaving me alone unless and until they have a legal rationale for forcing me into a contact with them. Since I don't drink or do drugs, there is no possible theory under which there would ever be that legal rationale at a "DUI" check.

I am very careful never to actively wish harm on anybody, and "F the popo" is something that I would never say, think or wish for.

I am decidedly not a badass, and have no wish to be, but I do find it instructive that dad45acp views the assertion of constitutional rights in direct resistance to cops who are in the act of violating them as an attempt to project "badassery" quite a bit more troubling than anything I've replied to from him previously. I don't know if he's a cop or not. I get the feeling that he is, and if he is, and with that attitude, he is exactly the kind of cop that causes citizens to view them as the enemy. If he's not a cop, his status as a groupie of jack booted thugs will prevent him from being able to recognize who are not his enemies if the scheisen should ever hit the fan.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

I know the police have a difficult and sometimes dangerous job. Although the young man seemed polite he does appear to be a little arrogant. But even the cop admits in the end that the kid is innocent and knows his rights. I would much rather see him defend his rights than simply ignore it when they are violated only in small ways. That is exactly what too many of the sheep in this country are doing when faced by the an abuse of government power. If we continue to allow for the incremental violation of our rights we will awake in the near future and find that we have no individual liberty left.

I used to be a teacher many years ago. I will admit that I didn't like it when a smart student challenged my ideas or conclusions. However, I was proud of them for doing so and realized that these were the kids who had a real future.

A little respect and politeness harms no one. But we must realize that there is a natural human tendency to extend ones authority and sometime abuse it. The police, because of job stress, are often prone to this kind of authoritarian abuse. It is not only the right of citizens to ask that their liberties are protected; It is the duty of a citizen to demand that there is no abuse of civil liberties. If you don't demand your rights there is no one to do it for you. It is always much easier and safer to surrender to authority than protest abuses.

I think he brought it on himself, acting like a smart ***.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast