21Yr Old Treated Like Criminal at DUI Checkpoint on 4th of July - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 21Yr Old Treated Like Criminal at DUI Checkpoint on 4th of July

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Actually, what dad45acp said completely mischaracterizes what I said. Rather than saying (or even thinking) F the popo, I implied, and intended to convey, that I'd be thrilled to death with them just leaving me alone unless and until they have a legal rationale for forcing me into a contact with them. Since I don't drink or do drugs, there is no possible theory under which there would ever be that legal rationale at a "DUI" check.

I am very careful never to actively wish harm on anybody, and "F the popo" is something that I would never say, think or wish for.

I am decidedly not a badass, and have no wish to be, but I do find it instructive that dad45acp views the assertion of constitutional rights in direct resistance to cops who are in the act of violating them as an attempt to project "badassery" quite a bit more troubling than anything I've replied to from him previously. I don't know if he's a cop or not. I get the feeling that he is, and if he is, and with that attitude, he is exactly the kind of cop that causes citizens to view them as the enemy. If he's not a cop, his status as a groupie of jack booted thugs will prevent him from being able to recognize who are not his enemies if the scheisen should ever hit the fan.

Blues
    I'm no cop. They don't make enough money and they take our rights away. They let their Dingoes scratch the paint on our Civics searching for loose joints. Its BS, yo.

Sent from my NSA screened Smartphone

Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    I think he brought it on himself, acting like a smart ***.
    Perhaps the kid was a smart ***. Does that mean that he is not entitled to his constitutional rights? Does it mean that the LEO was not an arrogant a$$ who was abusing his power? Submission to abusive authority is much easier and more comfortable than principled resistance to arrogant, abusive authority. This is exactly what we, as citizens of this country, are facing from an increasingly authoritarian government. I have little doubt that the majority in the country will acquiesce to tyranny rather than resist.

4. All I can add is that without resistance, we don't know the boundaries. I am thankful for those who test the boundaries whether I support the premise or not.
    When all other methods of protest have been dismantled, the system leaves us with only two options: stand and fight, or kneel and beg for mercy. All you need to know is what YOU would do when faced with that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Good for WA...and good for you firefighter. So would you conduct yourself the same way this kid did? Or knowing that you have better things to do at night than to hassle cops would you answer a couple questions and blow your minty breath in their face so you can move along? Which direction would you choose in the name of the US Constitution?
    I would do none of the above. I would refuse consent to whatever they asked, then remained silent. But what I would do doesn't mean a thing. I stand behind the one who defends their Rights, no matter who is standing in front of them, cops included.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I would do none of the above. I would refuse consent to whatever they asked, then remained silent. But what I would do doesn't mean a thing. I stand behind the one who defends their Rights, no matter who is standing in front of them, cops included.
    Well good for you. Then I hope you would gain true satisfaction from an encounter like this (albeit not in WA per law) and that if/when a drunk driver slams headfirst into you or a loved one with the possibility of mortal injury, you don't ***** about the cops not doing enough to crack down on what has become a national health crisis. Then maybe 20 sec at a road block to exchange pleasantries with a LEO won't seem so bad. Unfortunately in this world, it takes a whole hell of a lot of energy to save lives than to cause the termination and believe me Mr Firefighter, I would know the difference.

Well good for you. Then I hope you would gain true satisfaction from an encounter like this (albeit not in WA per law) and that if/when a drunk driver slams headfirst into you or a loved one with the possibility of mortal injury, you don't ***** about the cops not doing enough to crack down on what has become a national health crisis. Then maybe 20 sec at a road block to exchange pleasantries with a LEO won't seem so bad. Unfortunately in this world, it takes a whole hell of a lot of energy to save lives than to cause the termination and believe me Mr Firefighter, I would know the difference.

Blah blah the world is super scary boo hoo. You keep making up excuses to minimize our Rights and the fight thereof...in the end you will still not be safe, ever.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries

There is plenty the police could do that doesn't involve trashing citizen's rights. Oh I don't know, maybe they could watch for people exhibiting signs of drunk driving rather than indiscriminately pulling people over. I wonder how many people out of a thousand they actually charge with drunk driving when they stage one of these cluster****s.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Actually, what dad45acp said completely mischaracterizes what I said. Rather than saying (or even thinking) F the popo, I implied, and intended to convey, that I'd be thrilled to death with them just leaving me alone unless and until they have a legal rationale for forcing me into a contact with them. Since I don't drink or do drugs, there is no possible theory under which there would ever be that legal rationale at a "DUI" check.

I am very careful never to actively wish harm on anybody, and "F the popo" is something that I would never say, think or wish for.

I am decidedly not a badass, and have no wish to be, but I do find it instructive that dad45acp views the assertion of constitutional rights in direct resistance to cops who are in the act of violating them as an attempt to project "badassery" quite a bit more troubling than anything I've replied to from him previously. I don't know if he's a cop or not. I get the feeling that he is, and if he is, and with that attitude, he is exactly the kind of cop that causes citizens to view them as the enemy. If he's not a cop, his status as a groupie of jack booted thugs will prevent him from being able to recognize who are not his enemies if the scheisen should ever hit the fan.

Blues
    Blues, you should know I'm being a smartass...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    There is plenty the police could do that doesn't involve trashing citizen's rights. Oh I don't know, maybe they could watch for people exhibiting signs of drunk driving rather than indiscriminately pulling people over. I wonder how many people out of a thousand they actually charge with drunk driving when they stage one of these cluster****s.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Logic escapes those that base their end goal on emotional stress. As long as they catch one drunk, as long as one child is saved, it was worth trampling the Peoples rights. The ends justify the means no matter how illogic they are.

Actually, what seeya posted does NOT prove that driving is a privilege.... If you actually read what he posted, it says COMMERCIAL operation of a vehicle is what needs to be licensed... NOT private (not for hire) driving......

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast