21Yr Old Treated Like Criminal at DUI Checkpoint on 4th of July - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 21Yr Old Treated Like Criminal at DUI Checkpoint on 4th of July

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    There is plenty the police could do that doesn't involve trashing citizen's rights. Oh I don't know, maybe they could watch for people exhibiting signs of drunk driving rather than indiscriminately pulling people over. I wonder how many people out of a thousand they actually charge with drunk driving when they stage one of these cluster****s.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    It used to be that being drunk required that you have at least a 0.100 BAC reading, then legislators got that reduced to 0.080 BAC... there is talk of reducing it further. It would seem that having just one beer or one glass of wine soon will cause even a large man to be considered legally drunk if they do get the BAC reading lowered.

My thoughts, if they don't want people drinking and driving, then why are there so many places to drink that one must drive to?

So many times I've been asked to go on a motorcycle ride and when I ask where they were thinking of going, they explain this beautiful route only to end up at a bar. That's exactly what I want to do, be riding my bike with a group of guys that have been drinking.

I have no problem if they would outlaw bars. One could still drink, just do it at home. I know this is going to ruffle a lot of feathers, but I'd rather see something like that happen, that doesn't trample my rights, than ever be subjected to being detained by a police officer without due cause, which is exactly what a DUI checkpoint is, no matter what the courts have ruled.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

How many have read your state laws on these subjects; failure to present your DL and consent to a DUI/DWI tests? And for those in Florida, I posted on the first in a previous post and on the latter, you need only look at your DL for the answer. Driving on public roads is not a right, it is a privelege granted by the state.

And for those who cry boo hoo about them lowering the BAL levels, think about this. Many of us are already at the .04 level of restriction.

As I said before, there were ways to teach him a lesson without damaging his car.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    How many have read your state laws on these subjects; failure to present your DL and consent to a DUI/DWI tests? And for those in Florida, I posted on the first in a previous post and on the latter, you need only look at your DL for the answer. Driving on public roads is not a right, it is a privelege granted by the state.

And for those who cry boo hoo about them lowering the BAL levels, think about this. Many of us are already at the .04 level of restriction.

As I said before, there were ways to teach him a lesson without damaging his car.
    If all it takes is a plastic card to change a right into a privilege...I can't wait till we all get more plastic cards for our other constitutional privileges.

There is a big difference between being pulled over because he was suspicious of drunk driving (swerving, erratic speed, etc), and pulling over everyone with no suspicion at all. The back of our privilege cards should be updated to cover our 4th amendment privilege.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I would've given my license, registration and insurance info as required by law, but I would've handed it to the oath-breaking tyrant through the smallest crack I could manage to get it through so he couldn't perform an illegal search on my minty breath.
    Blues
    Anytime they lean in to smell your breath, SNEEZE! Right in their face. Sorry, I'm allergic to certain soaps.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Blues, you should know I'm being a smartass...
    Oh, only the part about dad45acp mischaracterizing what I said was directed at you, Bob. The rest was in reply to this idiocy. Sorry that wasn't clear. You're one of my favorite smartasses on the board little brother!

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Oh, only the part about dad45acp mischaracterizing what I said was directed at you, Bob. The rest was in reply to this idiocy. Sorry that wasn't clear. You're one of my favorite smartasses on the board little brother!

Blues
    Yup I mischaracterize you...even as you reference cops as Nazis. I like your standards.

Sent from my NSA screened Smartphone

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567