Tale of Two Cities: Rome & Washington — One Fell, One Headed There?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tale of Two Cities: Rome & Washington — One Fell, One Headed There?

By Andrew Linn

Washington, D.C. and Rome. The capitols of two of the greatest nations on Earth. Both nations have contributed much to civilization. Of course, long before Italy, there was the Roman Empire, and before that, the Roman Republic (which had been preceded by a monarchy). The Roman Empire would be divided up, and eventually become two separate empires- the Roman Empire in the West and the Byzantine Empire in the East. The Roman Empire fell in 476 A.D., and the Byzantine Empire fell in 1453 A.D.

Why did the Roman Empire collapse? Many reasons are given, including those in Edward Gibbon’s book The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. The most likely reasons were political weaknesses (e.g. corruption, civil war, too much territory to govern, constant barbarian invasions), economic decline, and social decay (particularly immorality). Thus, the fall of the Roman Empire was a combination of interacting factors.

Does America face a similar situation? Our economy is not in the best shape, especially since the national doubt soared due to an ever-expanding government that constantly borrows money. Meanwhile, our nation has its share of enemies, ranging from China and North Korea to the Islamist threat. Finally, there is moral decay, e.g. abortion, lack of family values. Although I do believe big government must be reigned in and national security is of vital importance due to the constant threats America faces, I will be focusing on the moral decay issue. In fact, I will focus on one particular aspect– homosexuality.

Read more: Clash DailyTale of Two Cities: Rome & Washington -- One Fell, One Headed There?
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

If this author thinks our biggest problem is homosexuals, then we really are in trouble. So many worse things going on in this country. I could give a flying f*ck about who someone is with. It ain't my business. What is my business and most certainly is everyone's business, is the moral decay in the white house, DOJ, IRS, NSA, CIA and DHS. That's what we should be worrying about. Government, not peoples personal matters. For s*it sake people they're violating our founding principles and no one is doing a damn thing to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredG22 View Post
    If this author thinks our biggest problem is homosexuals, then we really are in trouble. So many worse things going on in this country. I could give a flying f*ck about who someone is with. It ain't my business. What is my business and most certainly is everyone's business, is the moral decay in the white house, DOJ, IRS, NSA, CIA and DHS. That's what we should be worrying about. Government, not peoples personal matters. For s*it sake people they're violating our founding principles and no one is doing a damn thing to stop it.
    Being that our government is "Of the people, by the people & for the people", and the people vote, the moral decay in the white house, DOJ, IRS, NSA, CIA and DHS "IS"the American people. And therefor, the "majority" of the people don't want to do anything to stop it. And by the way pal, when you present your reprobate mindset toward homosexuality and in the same "foul mouth breath" talk about "moral decay" and "violating our founding principles", you should pull your head out of your rear and wise up.
    America's Epitaph
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Over To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

I love that this site is full of a**holes that are only out for themselves. You're just another POS that wants to force your mindset on others. You're the type that spews "freedom this and freedom that" and then wants to stick their nose in other people's business. I don't give a f*ck about what other people are doing behind closed doors. Last time I read the constitution it had nothing to do with sexual orientation. So explain to me how that has anything to do with government over stepping their boundaries?

Oh you're a bible thumping fa*got. Makes sense now. Wanna control everything and everyone through your fairytale book. Get a life and mind your own business jack wagon.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down

Oh you're a bible thumping fa*got. Makes sense now. Wanna control everything and everyone through your fairytale book. Get a life and mind your own business jack wagon.
    The troll is strong with this one...
    Where's the Ban Hammer when we need it?
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    I love that this site is full of a**holes that are only out for themselves. You're just another POS that wants to force your mindset on others. You're the type that spews "freedom this and freedom that" and then wants to stick their nose in other people's business. I don't give a f*ck about what other people are doing behind closed doors. Last time I read the constitution it had nothing to do with sexual orientation. So explain to me how that has anything to do with government over stepping their boundaries?
    Wow, such an angry & foul mouthed person you are...

Ban Hammer??
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Old son, no one is trying to force their mindset on you. Comments made generally have to do with the Bible, sin and the effect it has on our country. We don't try to stick our nose in anyone's business but do object to having their sin flaunted in front of us and trying to force us to lower our standards to their level. We have the Bible as our rule and guide and try to live our lives around it. Only those who object to Biblical teachings seem to get upset about their sinful ways separating them from the rest of society. If you fall in that category, so be it, it is your choice. If you are going to post on here, it would be nice if you would learn how to express yourself without the use of profanity. It shows a definite lack of education.

Blog Entries
    Settle down boy. Don't make ol uncle festus take a switch to yer backside.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Old son, no one is trying to force their mindset on you. Comments made generally have to do with the Bible, sin and the effect it has on our country. We don't try to stick our nose in anyone's business but do object to having their sin flaunted in front of us and trying to force us to lower our standards to their level. We have the Bible as our rule and guide and try to live our lives around it. Only those who object to Biblical teachings seem to get upset about their sinful ways separating them from the rest of society. If you fall in that category, so be it, it is your choice. If you are going to post on here, it would be nice if you would learn how to express yourself without the use of profanity. It shows a definite lack of education.
    You're wasting your breath. Nice explanation, not that you owe him one...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast